X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alinshinoby
    started a topic its dimension bugged?

its dimension bugged?

i mean i used my normal 1500 steps, then i had 7 lights left. i use 5 of them, gain 500 steps, i go in and then no steps to move. i go out again, i try to use the other 2 lights, it works. gain another 200 steps. go inside dimension, again no steps. wth its going on

• EsmeWeatherwax
    replied
    Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
    I've always wondered about support, how are you supposed to screenshot something that does not exist. Video would make sense but a screenshot would prove nothing in the case of items not doing anything. Unless it clearly says "stop clicking this damn item it ain't doing jack squat STOP YOU DUMDOODLE!!"
    That is one of the mysteries of life... and recognized by the GM:
    Originally posted by R2_Sanguine View Post
    We realize that getting a screenshot or video after the fact is impossible, so we want to get all of our players in the habit to hit that “screen capture” button if they notice something out of the ordinary.
    Though in this case even the second half of his sentence is no use... So if that means having to file a bug report without a screenshot; so be it. Same with screens not popping up, you'd simply have a very pretty screenshot of the normal screen... So yeah, we kinda want bug reports with all the info, but that's in a picture perfect world. And that's not the world we live in, is it

Oh, and lol at the Mac example, Arlad. ^_^

Leave a comment:

• Wraithraiser
    replied
    I've always wondered about support, how are you supposed to screenshot something that does not exist. Video would make sense but a screenshot would prove nothing in the case of items not doing anything. Unless it clearly says "stop clicking this damn item it ain't doing jack squat STOP YOU DUMDOODLE!!"

Leave a comment:

• GM_Magik
    replied
    Originally posted by Alinshinoby View Post
    yes, unfortunetly i got no screen shots to prove what happen and i dont know how i could catch than in a screen shot. but i will try when it will happen again
    I am hoping it won't happen again. I still am encouraging you to submit a support ticket though. I can not say what support will decide but really, you have nothing to lose by giving it a go. Just give them as much information as you possibly can.

Leave a comment:

• Alinshinoby
    replied
    yes, unfortunetly i got no screen shots to prove what happen and i dont know how i could catch than in a screen shot. but i will try when it will happen again

Leave a comment:

• Darrkin
    replied
    You are asking someone to REPEAT the Bug and waste their item to show proof though, that seems a little ridiculous.
    You can't even think that that is remotely a reasonable response to the issue that happened to the person.
    Nor is it conceivably logical to ask someone to repeat the issue and lose their item to prove it happens, when it clearly does since Magik has already stated it happened to him/Her.
    Last edited by Darrkin; 05-05-2015, 12:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Arlad
    replied
    Originally posted by EsmeWeatherwax View Post
    A mentor saying they will find out what's going on is in no way deserving of your attitude here. They didn't say it was intended like this. They say they'd try to find out.

So if someone can file a bug report, like Magik asked, that would be super. Then we can have this looked into. Mentor bashing and twisting their words when they're trying to help is not appreciated.
    like i said, i'm just annoyed at the "or as intended" part.
    it's like when someone complaining to McDonald because someone got a heart attack for eating too many BigMacs, then an employee said : "im sorry about your loss, but i think it's the goal of this company".

If he left out the part that, then as usual i wont care about his posts. and no, it's not mentor bashing. you should have know me that i bash any post that i deem wrong. and when a mentor actually done his job well, i will support them.

Leave a comment:

• EsmeWeatherwax
    replied
    Originally posted by Arlad View Post
    im more annoyed at the "or as intended" part of his post.
    did he really think that the game is intended to scrw players?
    A mentor saying they will find out what's going on is in no way deserving of your attitude here. They didn't say it was intended like this. They say they'd try to find out.

So if someone can file a bug report, like Magik asked, that would be super. Then we can have this looked into. Mentor bashing and twisting their words when they're trying to help is not appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• GM_Magik
    replied
    I do play the game, but I am not a coder or a developer. They have to be able to figure out the issue so they can fix the issue. I did not ask anyone to use their lights outside of a dimension to try to replicate this.

Sometimes people when using encountering a bug, have taken screen shots in advance, if they have.. Fantastic! Those help a lot. But I am in no way asking anyone to try to replicate this bug for me, for the mods, for the developers or the coders. So if anyone would like to make the bug report, in the propoer spot, with proper and as much information as possible.. that it may get investigated faster.. then that WILL be of a big help to us all.

Leave a comment:

• daunapu
    replied
    Originally posted by Mentor_Magik View Post
    I need you to help me to help you. We need as much information as possible on this bug, so if you have not yet, please make a bug report here, with any screen shots that may be applicable. Explain the situation in full. I need ONE person to make a bug report on this thread here. See my dimension energy bug was quite some time ago, so I simply thought hey it was meant to be used inside. Much like when trying to use a warriors call for something outside of a campaign and the like. or using a double experience scroll for the tower of kings, it wouldn't work.

The more I am hearing from you guys, the more I am becoming convinced this needs to be reported so if someone can do that, it can get looked into a lot easier, thanks!

Thank you in advance for helping us to help you.. and yes, this new method of bug reporting is confusing to me as well, so we are all learning it together

I think in this instance though Alinshinoby, you may really want to consider a support ticket, with as much detailed information as possible. I say this as those energy's are hard to come by. I can not say what support will do, but it can not hurt to try.
    You and all the mods and mentors claim to play the game as well. GOCupcake REPLICATE THE DAMN BUG, dont ask people to lose even more items so you can have a screenshot.
    Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 05-05-2015, 11:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GM_Magik
    replied
    Arlad,

I apologize if my words came across incorrectly or in a manner other then I wished. I am still attempting to find out what is going on with these lights but so far I have had no luck. This is why I am suggesting the mega bug forum thread to try to get a faster reply. I did not mean to come across as seeming to not care, because I do. Those energys are hard to get.. be it from the explore quest or the fierce fight in a dragons den. If anyone else is having this issue I hope they wills ay so here, so when this is put up to the bug forum (please someone make this bug forum post) that the bug fixing team will have more information to look into it with.

Leave a comment:

• Arlad
    replied
    Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
    Well after the last few months of events... it might be lol
    still not something that a representative should say, tho.

Leave a comment:

• GM_Magik
    replied
    I need you to help me to help you. We need as much information as possible on this bug, so if you have not yet, please make a bug report here, with any screen shots that may be applicable. Explain the situation in full. I need ONE person to make a bug report on this thread here. See my dimension energy bug was quite some time ago, so I simply thought hey it was meant to be used inside. Much like when trying to use a warriors call for something outside of a campaign and the like. or using a double experience scroll for the tower of kings, it wouldn't work.

The more I am hearing from you guys, the more I am becoming convinced this needs to be reported so if someone can do that, it can get looked into a lot easier, thanks!

Thank you in advance for helping us to help you.. and yes, this new method of bug reporting is confusing to me as well, so we are all learning it together

I think in this instance though Alinshinoby, you may really want to consider a support ticket, with as much detailed information as possible. I say this as those energy's are hard to come by. I can not say what support will do, but it can not hurt to try.
    Last edited by GM_Magik; 05-05-2015, 11:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Wraithraiser
    replied
    Originally posted by Arlad View Post
    Well after the last few months of events... it might be lol

Leave a comment:

• Arlad
    replied
    Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
    How could this possibly not be a bug? I suppose if they deliberately want to anger more players for no reason it could be "as intended", but that seems far-fetched to me.

Lights existed before this latest patch, and it was impossible to use them inside a dimension, so this is 100% a regression bug.
    im more annoyed at the "or as intended" part of his post.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X