Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Eudaemon's causing Arena lag ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eudaemon's causing Arena lag ?

hey guys, i don't have a pic yet but will soon maybe a video. but when in Arena the lag is so bad that combined with everyone's Crit damages
    popping up on the screen it cause's you to lag really bad. suggestion a hide damages in setting would be nice instead of just hiding the effects it should hide both or at least the Crit damages. i know most would say rest Eudaemons. yes you could but only would work if everyone does on both sides and don't see that happening.
    Last edited by michael509; 05-05-2015, 07:34 PM.
    Mage: level 80
    Battle rating:guess
    Server 26 Europe Kabam merged with servers 16, 49

" My software never has bugs. It just develops random features."

-R2games

Yea, its bad when it goes like this..

Click image for larger version

Name:	unplayable.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	583.1 KB
ID:	1712220
    Alu©ard S362 / LEGION / Oceanic
    Dari S371 / Harmony♣ / EU

Comment

If u could turn on/off the crit effect such as the earthquake effect for strong crits. Or a option to hide every ones clothing items and mounts.. However it would only help those that turned it off it would appear you are walking but with mounted speed...

The main problem is the animation effects of everything.. Wings, clothes, weapon skins, mounts, sylphs and awaked sylphs. And lets not forget about the children. The glowing eyes, book, bow and sword and shield is a lot on any video card...

Wartune needs to be recoded and connected to more servers that are connected which in theory reduction on lag by 45% or better. And more friendly for slower internet connections..

But the devs wont do this cuz it is more trouble then it is worth. But wishful thinking
      IGN: Muramasa
      Server: #351 -Snowcrest
      Guild: Saintz
      Level: 80
      Battle Rating: IT'S SO FLUFFY
      Sylph: Zues. 2 star orange

Siggy. #1

Comment

Take euds off, enjoy nice smooth skill casting.

Comment

yeah removing the dmg pop up's would be nice.

what's the use. i don't really care much if i can see how much dmg i deal. .

not gonna count it anyway.:P

Comment

No. The biggest lag in arena is when you have to wait for matching for over a minute, ONLY TO COME UP AGAINST THE SAME TEAM YOU JUST FOUGHT!!!

Hello! Can no one at R2 see the problem with that? What the hell is wrong with your 2-bit servers? Oh wait... 2-bit. That explains everything!

EDIT: Of course, having you locked in the game is EXACTLY what R2 wants. That is why it is coming up with time consuming **** like Goodies Link.

Comment

I've noticed that arena loves to pit you against the same handful of teams over and over. Nice when they are teams you can beat, but crappy when they are teams you can't beat. What often works when you repeatedly match vs the same team is to wait a couple min before hitting the start button. There are other teams out there, its just that you and that team are hitting the button at close enough to the same time that you get matched over and over.

The lag comes from how graphically intensive the game is. Even with all the effects we can disable turned off, it still gets pretty bad in multiplayer events. Poor coding and memory leaks is part of it. Lack of a mini client is a huge nerf for kong players (I hear that its not that great, but I'd rather be able to try it for myself and decide if it helps). There are things the devs could do to fix it; I hear its nowhere near this bad in China, but it probably costs more than it is worth for them. As long as people keep playing and spending, there is little motivation to fix it. If people stop spending, they'll most likely decide its not profitable and shut the game down.

Comment

I took Eudies only for DI & MPD. For the rest, they can enjoy the carefree time at home (that inaccessible house on farm). Simply hate the lag.

Comment

If you've been waiting for over a minute, chances are, the other team has disposed of its opponent and returned for you. It is not a case of the other team hitting the Start button at the same time as you. You've been waiting for a MINUTE!

It points to a big flaw in R2's matching code.

Comment

Taking off eudaemons may help, but you have to give up the higher rage cap, longer awakening, and small resistance to chaos & amnesia, all of which is pretty useful in arena. So I'd rather just put up with the lag, and refresh every 5 matches or so. But it's totally unplayable for anyone on a slower machine.

Requiring players to have high-end computers to play this game at an acceptable level is a pretty dangerously stupid idea - there are a lot of games that run just fine on my older laptop, so why buy an expensive new machine just for this dumb little browser game?

Comment

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
                      I took Eudies only for DI & MPD. For the rest, they can enjoy the carefree time at home (that inaccessible house on farm). Simply hate the lag.
                      If you can do DI with euds an not lose out you should do everything else just fine. My team ended up losing around 4 mins with eud attacks, so we took them off. Tho I guess if you don't get far it makes more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
                        Taking off eudaemons may help, but you have to give up the higher rage cap, longer awakening, and small resistance to chaos & amnesia, all of which is pretty useful in arena. So I'd rather just put up with the lag, and refresh every 5 matches or so. But it's totally unplayable for anyone on a slower machine.

Requiring players to have high-end computers to play this game at an acceptable level is a pretty dangerously stupid idea - there are a lot of games that run just fine on my older laptop, so why buy an expensive new machine just for this dumb little browser game?
                        So much truth in this.

My laptop died the other day, so untill its fixed i'm playing on a "old" desktop, the lag is killing me on this thing, yet I have no problems playing other real games on it...

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
                          If you can do DI with euds an not lose out you should do everything else just fine. My team ended up losing around 4 mins with eud attacks, so we took them off. Tho I guess if you don't get far it makes more sense.
                          we keep the "little ones" around for DI coz they can be zapped. when they are around, we never got zapped for the first 5 stages & at most 2x for 6-8 (most likely still saved my our couple revive). we put them all in the back so the heroes cast skills before they do. we don't get very far in DI tho. normally just 8 levels (2 on my team are free players). not a top team at all so can't compare to the big guys *blushes*

Comment

Originally posted by KS222 View Post
                            Lack of a mini client is a huge nerf for kong players (I hear that its not that great, but I'd rather be able to try it for myself and decide if it helps).
                            1. R2 servers are the ONLY servers to have the mini client. None of the other publishers have 1, so get over yourself.

2. You hear the mini client isn't that great but believe it's a "huge nerf".

3. Stop posting.

Comment

Originally posted by R2sucksbad View Post
                              1. R2 servers are the ONLY servers to have the mini client. None of the other publishers have 1, so get over yourself.

2. You hear the mini client isn't that great but believe it's a "huge nerf".

3. Stop posting.
                              ProCity/wt.com had it first from the NA publishers lol, then R2 copied the code an slapped on the R2 login stuff... I can understand where KS is coming from as they cross server with us, tho the client doesn't do much of anything -____- it might be slightly less laggy for the first 10 mins of doing something then it's just as bad as anything else... can thank the brilliant devs for that one..

Edit: Technically R2 might've had it first since I do remember there was the "client" link tho it was direct on site an they only made an actual client afterwards but yea
                              Last edited by Wraithraiser; 05-06-2015, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X