Purg. Maze boss 18

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purg. Maze boss 18

I need a way to push past this boss. The "uhm...spend more?" strategy won't work for me here unless I intend to dump an absolutely ludicrous amount of cash on my toon. My limit for this is 20$. And even then I'm extremely reluctant. I'm told the boss is physical damage and fire element. In preparation for this, I bumped my pdef up to 95k, and fire resist to 876, which is more then enough for 90% pve reduction. However, I still can't survive when the boss goes into his spam 400k damage per turn mode after about 8 turns.

Anyone got any ideas of what I might be doing wrong or ways to improve my strategy?
    Name: Phoenixia
    Server: R2 S-319
    Class: Mage
    BR: 911k
    Last CW Ranking: Didn't participate
    Cupcakes? R2 can keep them, I want rumcakes.

Do a dead run get max rage and sulphur ready. Use heal and mire runes. Delphic hell thunder, meteor, rain of fire, thunderer and thunder. Start with shy then meteor and rod. Sylph off the roof and use a more rune to invoke speed cast. Do power moves then exit. Spam thunderer and lightning bolt with speed cast until next sylph ready then again enter it with a more. Then just stay sylph till it dies. It will enrage then so if it's not dead you probably don't have enough attack.
    S211 Tamera
    992k br
    I play for the people, competition ended long ago except for the few people on our servers that I ignore because they are douches

Comment

How do you know the boss resistance type for Purgatory maze?

Comment

I'd probably try to open with thunderer, to try to hit it with a speed debuff at the start, if that does not stick, mire rune, then thunder again...if none of those stick just save rage and sylph for next try...once one stick, then try to aoe a little, then sylph...rince and repeat

The key point if you want to pass this boss with not overpowering br is to slow it near constant

Comment

What gruntar said is a good idea.
          What I did on my spouse's mage though is I used his Hecate and instead of healing rune I went with guardian. I think I survived two big hits and that gave me enough turns to kill it.
          Stuck on 24 right now on his, but almost beat it two weeks ago.

Comment

U're a mage with cheaty guardian rune and don't know how to kill 18? C'mon dude, boss doesn't enrage, just guardian up on those ulti and u have no problem killing it. Anyway i'm fairly sure bosses don't have element on purgatory, i did 18-24 with triton and water res on so my guess is that it just take the highest res u have, used triton on 18 because i've tsunami on it so can do 3 aoe and kill mobs easly then mire and don't have to worry about boss ulti, did all other with triton because with it i just survive when boss enrange and can overheal easly the damage taken.

Comment

lol no, purg have elements on some of them, like boss 10 is wind probably.
              Level 49 Archer
              BR 150k

Comment

Originally posted by SlowPlay View Post
                Anyway i'm fairly sure bosses don't have element on purgatory,
                You're wrong on that, lvl 18 requires fire resist.

It hit me for 3mil without any fire resistance, and "only" for 600k with 6 lvl 8 fire gems.

Comment

U're a mage with cheaty guardian rune and don't know how to kill 18? C'mon dude, boss doesn't enrage, just guardian up on those ulti and u have no problem killing it. Anyway i'm fairly sure bosses don't have element on purgatory, i did 18-24 with triton and water res on so my guess is that it just take the highest res u have, used triton on 18 because i've tsunami on it so can do 3 aoe and kill mobs easly then mire and don't have to worry about boss ulti, did all other with triton because with it i just survive when boss enrange and can overheal easly the damage taken.
                  Nah man 18 for sure requires fire resistance. I have more electro resistance on my knight, had 900-ish I believe? And just as piet mentioned, I took 2m+ damage
                  I switched to 6 lvl 8 fire gems and I was able to survive it, though just for 1 turn since it blew my bubble away lol

Comment

Then i don't understand how i survived 19-24 while on enrage, either all of them are water or i don't get it.

little edit, with electro res instead of water res they did more damage, around 20k/hit instead of 10k

Comment

What gruntar said is the best way for a mage to go. We need to slow the boss to have time to kill it. Depending on what sylphs and runes you have built up, you may have more options available to you. When I can't dps fast enough to kill before it enrages, I can sometimes get away with using my dark sylph because of the heal attack. Heal attack plus built up guardian rune gives me 4-5 attacks after the boss buffs.

Also, if you are close to beating it but are just missing that tiny bit of attack, you could try using int pot and milk tea to gain that little bit more attack to win.

I've noticed the bosses have elements, but its kind of hard to tell what the element is without trial and error. If it hits insanely hard, I try switching sylphs to see what element it is (costs less than converting crystals). Once I know what element to defend against, I can convert res and have a better chance of winning.

Comment

Then i don't understand how i survived 19-24 while on enrage, either all of them are water or i don't get it.

little edit, with electro res instead of water res they did more damage, around 20k/hit instead of 10k
                        Well it's been a while since I did 19-23, but I'm pretty sure it's that situation where some bosses have that certain element, then stages like 19-23 go with your highest res.
                        iirc, I think 24 needs Dark res? I'll def have to check it out again

Comment

well on elements i have found so far, they are the same order as skytrails.
                          ARMOR S4 Metalmouth
                          Class Mage

Comment

Everyone except aihoshu seems forgetting about the mobs.
                            You have to be extremely lucky to hit boss with thunderer and mire at start.
                            What's the lowest attack needed to clear those mobs under 3 turns?
                            [morfinnor]
                            Temple of Ibalize

Comment

I beat the tar out of the boss just now. I used aihoshu's idea but instead used Delphic Hell thunder, awakened, Death's Harvest, Delphic which killed the trash then smashed the boss in the face with Mire.

It was a joke from there. Many thanks aihoshu for the Hell Thunder idea.

Edit: Now to figure a way past 22, he enrages on me on the first hp bar still xD

Edit2: laba-laba, I had 125k matk and that much still took me 4 turns to kill the trash, fully buffed.
                              Last edited by rangelaeyes; 05-10-2015, 03:49 PM.
                              Name: Phoenixia
                              Server: R2 S-319
                              Class: Mage
                              BR: 911k
                              Last CW Ranking: Didn't participate
                              Cupcakes? R2 can keep them, I want rumcakes.

Comment

Working...
                              X