Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some advice. What would you do?

Hi everyone!

Straight to the point: I'm getting tired of Wartune. The game itself is laggy and unstable, it gives you the feeling you never improve. The customer service is abysmal and so is the connection with the devs and the main company in general - whether you spend real money or not. The mood in-game is terrible, people are growing tired and intolerant day by day, not to mention the overall frustration that emerges from the forum. I'm hesitant and confused: on a side, I want to find a valid alternative to Wartune (I was thinkin about League of Angels, since I've tried it for a long time and is WAY better than Wartune IMHO for many different reasons), because I feel like a masochist by keep playing a game that is not that fun anymore; on the other side though, I've spent quite some time on it so it's difficult to let go. Plus, it makes me so angry to notice that the whole game is reduced to a mere money-milking machine with the potential it has got.

I have to admit that lately the issues that have brought me to this point are mostly the inexplicable, omnipresent lag, players latency and the feeling of the company making fun of me/us, in a very bad way. Something like: "This is what we'll shove down your throat and you'd better like it or leave it.". This is an attitude I cannot stand, especially after reading so many great ideas all the players have suggested in the past months. None of them were implemented. None.

Actually, the "Suggestion" section has been removed from the forum. I know some restyling was made in order to simplify the forum structure and it's readability but it's odd that that section was deleted - at least explicitly.

Anyway...

I've lost my faith! At the end of the day, it's just a game, I'm aware of that. But what would you do?

PS: serious replies please, they are greatly appreciated. If you want to troll, be my guest, but don't expect me to high-five you.

I know how you feel. It's the removal of the suggestion forum that bothers me the most. At least if it was there, there was still the pretense of our opinion mattering to the devs.

About all the advice I could give would be something along the lines of; games are meant to be a fun activity, if it's not fun for you, then find something you do enjoy, whether it's in WT or in some other game. There's a lot out there.

Good luck finding something you can enjoy.
    Name: Phoenixia
    Server: R2 S-319
    Class: Mage
    BR: 911k
    Last CW Ranking: Didn't participate
    Cupcakes? R2 can keep them, I want rumcakes.

Comment

If you're not enjoying it and can let go of all the time/work/money/whatever then do it, let it go, move on to better things.

Comment

Quit. Or at the very least, take a week or two "off" (either entirely or just logging in for 2 minutes to do events), recharge the batteries, and see if you're still interested. I'm in the exact same boat at the moment, teetering on the edge of quitting for a couple of months now. I think I might wait for one more major feature patch but I might end up just quitting before the end of May.

I also tried LoA once, couldn't get into it, felt like a collection of minigames with some strategy in team building (and way better events), but not a lot of interactivity.

BTW, this IS the suggestion forum now. I think the mods mentioned that most people would just plop down their suggestions here anyway so it made sense
        Last edited by xrycek; 05-10-2015, 04:26 PM.
        Crushing mice is good for the soul...

Comment

It is entirely up to you if you wish to quit or not. I myself have been playing since near the beginning of this game, and watched it go to hell. Like Spawn in the 1997 movie of the same name, I have (or should say had) that "want to kill the fat clown look". And you know what? I left, except for chatting on these forums. I also found out that my games on Facebook are much faster now. This game was/is a big ROM/RAM hog. My advice to you is get out of here. But like I said, that is up to you if you want to leave.

Comment

If you don't enjoy it, leave. If you still enjoy it, stay. If you choose to play League of Angels instead, recognize it's still an R2 hosted game.

Have fun. Be happy. Make your decision independently instead of looking for external validation.
            IGN: Swinella
            Class: Mage
            lvl: 80
            BR: 600k-ish+sylph+Useless kid
            Server: Kabam s79
            Completely free player. No VIP.

Comment

Originally posted by GiordanoT88 View Post
              Hi everyone!

Straight to the point: I'm getting tired of Wartune. The game itself is laggy and unstable, it gives you the feeling you never improve. The customer service is abysmal and so is the connection with the devs and the main company in general - whether you spend real money or not. The mood in-game is terrible, people are growing tired and intolerant day by day, not to mention the overall frustration that emerges from the forum. I'm hesitant and confused: on a side, I want to find a valid alternative to Wartune (I was thinkin about League of Angels, since I've tried it for a long time and is WAY better than Wartune IMHO for many different reasons), because I feel like a masochist by keep playing a game that is not that fun anymore; on the other side though, I've spent quite some time on it so it's difficult to let go. Plus, it makes me so angry to notice that the whole game is reduced to a mere money-milking machine with the potential it has got.

I have to admit that lately the issues that have brought me to this point are mostly the inexplicable, omnipresent lag, players latency and the feeling of the company making fun of me/us, in a very bad way. Something like: "This is what we'll shove down your throat and you'd better like it or leave it.". This is an attitude I cannot stand, especially after reading so many great ideas all the players have suggested in the past months. None of them were implemented. None.

Actually, the "Suggestion" section has been removed from the forum. I know some restyling was made in order to simplify the forum structure and it's readability but it's odd that that section was deleted - at least explicitly.

Anyway...

I've lost my faith! At the end of the day, it's just a game, I'm aware of that. But what would you do?

PS: serious replies please, they are greatly appreciated. If you want to troll, be my guest, but don't expect me to high-five you.
              TBH, the reason why it's hard to leave wartune is becuz of the company of friends made in the game.
              I'd suggest that you and them get together and start out fresh again on League of Angels (LoA).
              That way, it's easier to migrate over to another game w/o obligations.

I for one, am playing by my own, making a few other new friends in LoA, S19-Pyruul, amzgames.
              Hope to bump into you
              "Why so glum? As if you ate a sour plum,
              Why so grim? I think you need some pimple cream,
              Why so serious? :-o "

"Game disappointment? If the game won't change, then just change your game! (you play)"

Comment

If your not happy, which you sound like you are not, consider a try out on LoA (which I am currently playing) but make sure of considering a few things :

1. Take your friends (as has been suggested.)

2. Start out on a new server (a must) so you all start out equal and there is no huge casher messing with every one on a daily basis.

3. Have fun as a free player first, then consider cashing only if you are having loads of fun.

4. Don't fall into the trap of "Burst Spending" on server launch.

5. Play the game, don't let the game play you.

6. Don't fall in love with the game, the game doesn't love you.

Have fun with your buddys mate
                Last edited by 99sammy; 05-11-2015, 06:46 AM.

Comment

avoid any chinese game
                  Level 49 Archer
                  BR 150k

Comment

LOA is the same as Wartune, some company, some system etc. Some things are better there, true, but some are worse.

I recommend you try other games. And when you find some thing you enjoy, you will not want to log into the old game anyway.

Comment

what is a good free to play grinding style game?
                      Level 49 Archer
                      BR 150k

Comment

damn, i missed old games like Ragnarok Online now.
                        Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                        Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

how about TERA?
                          Level 49 Archer
                          BR 150k

Comment

Working...
                          X