Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

When is the lag going to be reduced?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is the lag going to be reduced?

Since the 4.0 patch, every thing with eudaemon creates such annoying atmosphere. Don't get me wrong, eudaemon is helpful but I don't want to play a game is too laggy, and the devs. are not doing anything about it.
    Let's put it this way in battleground 1 on 1, before it takes about 1 minute to kill someone, now with eudaemon it takes 2 minutes, then lag combined the total of 3 minutes. My point is that this is time consuming already, at least get rid of the lag. Thank you.

it won't. or rather, it can't. with more content being added in the game, it would be getting laggier everyday.
    if only they release a true client for this game...
    Originally posted by Wraithraiser
    Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

any1 playing in china server? are the kids lag there also?

maybe the new models for kids causes the lag.
      Level 49 Archer
      BR 150k

Comment

the only way for lag to be reduced or got rid of is r2 dont buy cheapo servers

trying to save money on servers makes lag buy a better server so the game wont lag

Comment

Originally posted by Xharry005x View Post
          the only way for lag to be reduced or got rid of is r2 dont buy cheapo servers

trying to save money on servers makes lag buy a better server so the game wont lag
          I'd agree with what Arlad said.

Comment

Asking for reduction of lag is like asking for a million dollars for free. As more patches come, the more lag will be layering the original lag.

Comment

I am sure they have the resources to fix these lag issues but they don't. Why would they when people just keep giving them money like it is? That means more money for them. Not sure if they realize that if us players had a lag free game that many more might spend money.

But people keep feeding them so they see no reason to change it.

Comment

Originally posted by KrishnaWartune View Post
                Asking for reduction of lag is like asking for a million dollars for free. As more patches come, the more lag will be layering the original lag.
                do you work for r2? It's not like impossible for them to reduce lag.

Comment

you can probably remove some lag by turning everything to black shadows. How? go figure it out yourself
                  Level 49 Archer
                  BR 150k

Comment

next Thursday
                    Class: Thief (Why play a game if you cannot steal cool things from monsters)
                    Special Abilities: Clairvoyance (prevents Stun effect)
                    Special Armor: Mirage Vest (Dodges 50% of attacks)
                    Special Accessories: Ring of Order (prevents Chaos effect), Thief's Glove (increase steal rate)

Comment

The lag they can fix is lag caused by their own sloppy coding. Memory leaks and poor coding make the game hog way more resources than it should. They aren't the only cause and depending on your computer/network/browser, some people have far worse lag than others.

Comment

Lag will improve when more people leave. Then it will be less lag , and everyone will come back....and bring with them the lag. In other words....never.

Comment

Well they never answer the question on lag so they cant fix it but part 2 from 4.0 is coming so you guessed it more lag is coming also

Comment

Originally posted by VSuperPerk View Post
                            Since the 4.0 patch, every thing with eudaemon creates such annoying atmosphere. Don't get me wrong, eudaemon is helpful but I don't want to play a game is too laggy, and the devs. are not doing anything about it.
                            Let's put it this way in battleground 1 on 1, before it takes about 1 minute to kill someone, now with eudaemon it takes 2 minutes, then lag combined the total of 3 minutes. My point is that this is time consuming already, at least get rid of the lag. Thank you.
                            Well, we all know that globull warming is the biggest threat facing us. Therefore, R2 has decided to help with the effort to combat globull warming. They will fix that first before they start on the fix for the lag.

In other words, R2 will fix the lag when Hell freezes over.

Comment

Originally posted by KS222 View Post
                              The lag they can fix is lag caused by their own sloppy coding. Memory leaks and poor coding make the game hog way more resources than it should. They aren't the only cause and depending on your computer/network/browser, some people have far worse lag than others.
                              This is very true. Some aspects of the game create insane memory problems in flash. Dimensions are one prime example. My Browser or Mini Client will consume as much as 4Gb of memory and take 90% of my CPU before it crashes. And it has to do with the combats, because if I avoid all combats and just collect chests and open pathways, it won't lag and consume resources. It's something about combats in there that's poorly coded. I'd wager it's that the combat never gets properly cleared from memory and there's a background "Victory" layer still hanging around despite leaving the combat.

One thing to clear up - the servers aren't the problem. People think it's the server's issue when they've got very poor bandwidth (like dial-up or sub 1.5 Mbps DSL/ISDN). The servers aren't the problem - you're the problem. You're not getting the data fast enough from them because you don't have a good connection. Do the servers have their issues from time to time? Yes. But the lag isn't from them.

The majority of the common-play lag is your own poor bandwidth and/or a less-than-peak PC and/or the awfulness that is Flash. I see a huge difference playing on my personal laptop that has 8Gb of Memory, a 4th Gen 3GHz CPU and a 650MHz NVIDIA w/ 1Gb of Memory compared to my production laptop that has 16Gb of Memory, a 5th Gen 3.3GHz CPU and a 1GHz & 2GB Mem NVIDIA. Seriously, night and day. But this game shouldn't require a $4,000 laptop to be lag-free. That's just stupid, and part of the problem with Flash in general - and why no one is planning on supporting it anymore after 2016.

If this game were redeveloped for HTML5/CSS3 - and all the flash animation done away with - it would be virtually lag free, and wouldn't destroy your memory requiring refreshes every 30 minutes of play.

Comment

Working...
                              X