When is the lag going to be reduced?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every 30mins? Try every OTHER FIGHT.

Stop trying to blame the players, you R2 plant. It is R2's lousy coding skills who are the principle fault here. That is the root cause of the problem, not people's equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
      Some aspects of the game create insane memory problems in flash. Dimensions are one prime example. My Browser or Mini Client will consume as much as 4Gb of memory and take 90% of my CPU before it crashes. And it has to do with the combats, because if I avoid all combats and just collect chests and open pathways, it won't lag and consume resources. It's something about combats in there that's poorly coded. I'd wager it's that the combat never gets properly cleared from memory and there's a background "Victory" layer still hanging around despite leaving the combat.
      It's probably because they treat every animated entity (player, clothing, monsters, etc.) as a separate instance & never free up any rendered objects at all, so everything you've seen since you logged on are probably in your RAM forever, until Flash is killed.

One thing to clear up - the servers aren't the problem.
      How can you explain the same player playing from same computer using same connection experiences much less lag when server has fewer people on? It's not because of bandwidth sharing on client side. People from all over the world feels this way. It's not possible for the entire globe to have peak internet usage all at the same time. Not to mention, the cross-oceanic links supposedly introduce much more latency than server lag, but in reality, those who live across the ocean can still feel the difference in lag when there are fewer people on.

Comment

technically its not when they remove the lag
        its when u really clean ur computer

press alt control delt go into resource moniter and u moniter
        which are the programs are u consuming ur cpu and memory

I agree the coding is bad and there is memory leakage therefore after a while u have to reset
        but those programs like virus scan Trojan virus or even a simply internet browser that u hear music from u tube that u have not close in hours
        will start to consume more and more of ur cpu memory

It all adds up to a frustrating lag and u keep playing
        try to fix something on ur side to make it managable

Comment

When R2 realise that they are not World of Warcraft or minecraft, mainly.
          Wartune
          IGN: Decima
          Guild: Elysium
          Server: S5 (Europe)
          Class: Mage (Level 80)

Winterfrost Legacy *shakes fist at Ginba*
          IGN : Decima (spotting a trend?)
          Server : 59 (Europe)
          Class : Nooby sissy shaman!

Comment

please help! my loading is keep stopping and never continue...i need to restart the game again and it will go on and if i click anything it will stop loading again! i think its technical!

Comment

This is very true. Some aspects of the game create insane memory problems in flash. Dimensions are one prime example. My Browser or Mini Client will consume as much as 4Gb of memory and take 90% of my CPU before it crashes. And it has to do with the combats, because if I avoid all combats and just collect chests and open pathways, it won't lag and consume resources. It's something about combats in there that's poorly coded. I'd wager it's that the combat never gets properly cleared from memory and there's a background "Victory" layer still hanging around despite leaving the combat.
              You can try dimensions without troops. This will help A LOT.
              Troops will slow down everywhere, but we generally need them in order to have their enlighten.

Comment

Originally posted by questionaire View Post
                please help! my loading is keep stopping and never continue...i need to restart the game again and it will go on and if i click anything it will stop loading again! i think its technical!
                Maybe your ISP is blocking some data, you can try some VPN (google "CyberGhost VPN" and try).
                But I don't know if using VPN is ok by their terms of service.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorca View Post
                  You can try dimensions without troops. This will help A LOT.
                  Troops will slow down everywhere, but we generally need them in order to have their enlighten.
                  I only do basic dim & would never need troop or enlightenment or eudy in there (1M+ fake br with eudy). 16GB RAM alienware desktop with all nonessential services disabled & no other windows open still gets my screen like seeing PowerPoints on a projector after 15 minutes of continual monster bashing in dimensions (I tend to do all the fights in 1 batch). Only need 1 hit (on afk mode) per fight unless monster comes as a group, but loading & exiting the fight takes 5x the time needed to kill that monster if I don't refresh every 15 minutes or every 20 fights. Thank them, from now on I'd probably just play occasionally on a cheap tablet when I feel bored at work (and I did that a lot any ways ) instead of moving things in real life to make room for game time at home.

Comment

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
                    Every 30mins? Try every OTHER FIGHT.

Stop trying to blame the players, you R2 plant. It is R2's lousy coding skills who are the principle fault here. That is the root cause of the problem, not people's equipment.
                    You obviously can't comprehend what I was trying to say. I wrote:
                    Some aspects of the game create insane memory problems in flash. Dimensions are one prime example.
                    Yes, Dimensions and other aspects have memory leaks. You can see thing happening with monitoring software as you do things in certain aspects of the game. Memory Leaks lead to system-wide slow downs and over-consumption of PC resources. Eventually Flash will crash in the Browser and everything will free up.

That aspect of the game is poor coding - absolutely. But for the most part, it's really only present from combats ending - and it seems to be especially bad in Dimensions. People with a halfway decent PC can run ToK and multiple EFs back to back w/o needing a refresh.

I also wrote:
                    The majority of the common-play lag is your own poor bandwidth and/or a less-than-peak PC and/or the awfulness that is Flash.
                    There's a difference between LAG and a MEMORY LEAK. LAG means your resources are nominal and you can't keep up with the game's data flow. This happens because your PC isn't good enough OR your connection isn't good enough. Yes, at peak times there may be some minor server response degradation, but you're talking less than 100ms at worst. You can view the response time reports from 3rd party site, or even set up a ping job and record the results.

I'm from s195, east coast. When I've tested during peak times the worst response I'll get from s195.wartune.r2games.com (that's the server's dn, IP is 207.198.115.74) is about a 50ms response. Right now I just did one and got 27ms. AND that's coming from a server cluster with 16 Servers after a merge a couple of weeks back.

Now, if you're living in eastern Europe, play on a US West Coast Server, and wanna get mad because at peak times your response time from the server hits 500ms+ - then it's kind of your own fault as well. YOU made the choice to play on a server halfway around the world instead of a local one.

Comment

i heard stories that all the R2 servers are physically located in Scottsdale, Arizona. the timezone differences are just for gameplay.
                      Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                      Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

im online right now, coonnected to 76.74.153.24
                        Level 49 Archer
                        BR 150k

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                          i heard stories that all the R2 servers are physically located in Scottsdale, Arizona. the timezone differences are just for gameplay.
                          Checked your theory, but they're actually (for the most part) in the actual time zones.

Just did a GeoIP test on S195 (Eastern) IP: 207.198.115.74. The location comes up as Jacksonville, Florida. When I do a traceroute from a Unix Shell I get there in 7 hops, total time 46ms. (This is at 1:30 AM Eastern) Ping is 21ms on the command line.

Wartune.r2Games.com (207.198.106.40) is in San Francisco, California. Traceroute is 9 hops, total time 122ms. Ping is 88ms.

I'm in New Jersey, so you can see the difference in ping and traceroute based on the distance of the server in the US.

Let's look at a Euro Server... S3 (Europe) IP: 83.222.233.106 is located in London, England. If I do a remote traceroute from Sweden @IP 176.221.87.4 I can resolve in 35ms. Ping is a mere 8ms. This kinda shows how much better the Euro Infrastructure is than the US . If I do a trace & ping test from the UK itself it's only an 8ms trace and 4ms ping.

The Oceanic Sites however all seem to be hosted out of San Francisco as well. I'm sure that's a nasty network latency for people playing from the Australian time zones. I don't have a remote machine in Australia or New Zealand at the moment I can run the network tests from though, so I can't get you solid #s.

Comment

Originally posted by kevs926 View Post
                            im online right now, coonnected to 76.74.153.24
                            That server GeoIPs to San Francisco, California.

Comment

Working...
                            X