Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Monster Element Type

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monster Element Type

Monster Element Type information cannot be relied on.

Level 49 Archer
    BR 150k

Nirvana monster elements were always a lie, as I recall. The only elemental effect in the whole dungeon was the boss buffs. Elemental Forest seems to have elements on everything, but the little mobs hardly matter so I'm not 100% sure.

Comment

always had my suspicions, now i have proof

click for full size

original dmg 10974+38481 = 49455
      18% rgb and 73% resist

49455*0.82*0.27= 10949
      pretty close
      Last edited by kevs926; 05-14-2015, 10:44 AM.
      Level 49 Archer
      BR 150k

Comment

u didn't awaken so it should use electro res regardless of what opponent's res is.
        if u turn on skill effects, the color of the shield should tell u what res is in effect when u got hit.
        i believe ur shield should show in purple (electro) when ur not awakened.

Originally posted by kevs926 View Post
        Monster Element Type information cannot be relied on.

Comment

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
          u didn't awaken so it should use electro res regardless of what opponent's res is.
          if u turn on skill effects, the color of the shield should tell u what res is in effect when u got hit.
          i believe ur shield should show in purple (electro) when ur not awakened.
          Awakening has nothing to do with elemental defense only offense. I.e. if you are attacked by an awakened sylph, your resistance to the sylph's element is used. If you awaken but your opponent is still in hero form, their attacks will go by your highest resistance. Elemental monsters always attack with their element, no matter what you do.

Comment

It must be that I can't read/write/see. Just took all except electro res gems off & fought n & ef 1st mob. Shield shows as purple but these mobs aren't same element type. Glitch?

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
            Awakening has nothing to do with elemental defense only offense. I.e. if you are attacked by an awakened sylph, your resistance to the sylph's element is used. If you awaken but your opponent is still in hero form, their attacks will go by your highest resistance. Elemental monsters always attack with their element, no matter what you do.

Comment

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
              It must be that I can't read/write/see. Just took all except electro res gems off & fought n & ef 1st mob. Shield shows as purple but these mobs aren't same element type. Glitch?
              I kinda thought EF trash mobs were elemental, but never bothered to actually check, since only the bosses really pose a challenge. But against a known elemental opponent, like sky trail or EF bosses, you will take damage of that element when awakened or not. But if you see the purple shield when being hit by a "Wind" mob, you're definitely seeing proof it's non-elemental. I know it's true of Nirvana, but sounds like also EF has that. Might be a bug, but I'm not going to report it - if fixed, best case it costs a bit more gold to run EF (res convert and/or HP), and it's already plenty expensive to convert the res crystals all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
                I kinda thought EF trash mobs were elemental, but never bothered to actually check, since only the bosses really pose a challenge. But against a known elemental opponent, like sky trail or EF bosses, you will take damage of that element when awakened or not. But if you see the purple shield when being hit by a "Wind" mob, you're definitely seeing proof it's non-elemental. I know it's true of Nirvana, but sounds like also EF has that. Might be a bug, but I'm not going to report it - if fixed, best case it costs a bit more gold to run EF (res convert and/or HP), and it's already plenty expensive to convert the res crystals all the time.
                thanks. that explains it. it could still be a possible glitch. i'll look further when i get back my home internet access. at the mean time, let's not mention it again & not report anything

Comment

i think all of nirvana is non elemental
                  Level 49 Archer
                  BR 150k

Comment

Working...
                  X