Influence: the new stun

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Influence: the new stun

I remember how many people were ****** over being stunner for 2-3 rounds due to holy seal. This was a long long topic of hatred. People hated not being able to do anything due to stuns.

But it was settled eventually. More by everyone reaching lvl 99 holy seal than by the holy seal getting nerfed.

And now it's back, but in a much more nasty form. Each class has a new skill which can stun as good as holy seal - if not better - if you have a significantly higher influence than your opponent. The difference is that while you could counter holy seal by spending time and gaining XP, this one is much more difficult.

Because to keep up, you do not need just to some spend balens and/or time - that would be ok - but you need to spend a RIDICULOUS amount of money. A level 20 influence cost like 1000 USD via sales - and much more via buying beads at the wheel. And even then the other can bid on you with spending another truckload of balen to have a better medal.

I can understand the need for adding new things, but stun was already hated by players deeply, nerfed and effectively chased away from the game - and no it comes back in a ten times worse form.

And the game has changed, earlier every item you could get for free. Now beads, truncheons, hammers, advanced sepu/mahra... there are more and more items exclusively for super-heavy cashers only. This is a bad tendency, because it looks like some last desperate attempt to milk the whales.
    My blog about how to build the strongest character in Wartune using a minimum amount of balens:

Meh edit messed up, sorry for double post.
    Last edited by SlowPlay; 05-11-2015, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Medal doesn't add influence and u can stun someone with higher influence too (and get stunned by lower influence). Also about the item being only for sale, u can get hammers, adv sep/mahra and bead for free, the only thing u can't get for free is truncheons which we'll get from titan war shop. Wartune has always been a pay to win game, nothing new there.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowPlay View Post
        Medal doesn't add influence and u can stun someone with higher influence too (and get stunned by lower influence). Also about the item being only for sale, u can get hammers, adv sep/mahra and bead for free, the only thing u can't get for free is truncheons which we'll get from titan war shop. Wartune has always been a pay to win game, nothing new there.
        Truncheons can also be obtained for free from event exchanges. I've 127 Ultimate Dragon Chests so far and can exchange for about 63 Truncheons if I chose right now.
        Not that many people would exchange for that, but it does count as free. o:

Comment

Eh, it's fun to laugh at someone when they stun you multiple times but still lose. It's equally as frustrating when someone wins a very close fight solely because of stun.

Different from HS since that was just an exp grind; influence is just cash.
          HS was a tool to use against the new casher, influence is a tool of the big casher; kinda the opposite there.
          Last edited by FufuBunnySlayer; 05-11-2015, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Ok, thx for the info, I didnt know I can stun someone with a higher influence. But I assume higher influence has a much better chance? Only really big whales try to stun me so far - and most of the time they stun me for 3 rounds. So it's stun before awaken, and then r*pe me while I stand there helpless. So yes maybe people with influence values close to each other has some random factor, but those with level 20 are sure sharks

Yes you can get free vulcan hammer in xgb shop, but there are a few problems with that. XGB is, like, once every 6 months? Usually they add a new mount to the shop, so after you buy that you dont have much currency left; you can get, like 100 hammer if you dont buy anything else - thats enough for 3 upgrades, and you need like, 400? So in a year, we can get 1-2% of the needed amount for free. Seems a bit low for me

Same for beads of influence. I do the free roll every day. Beads were introduced months ago, and I'm still only at level 3 - and the cost gets higher and higher.

And same for advanced mahra / sepu, getting 5-10 every 10 days via sacrifice seems a bit rare...

The general problem is that the game now has like 100 different resources. Events keep rewarding us all 100, but I have 95 maxed out, and the remaining 5 is for mega-cashers only. I do spend balens, and do almost every event each day, but as it looks now, these few resources seem totally impossible to get even for medium cashers. Sure, "patience, eventually it will be free" but as I see, beads, hammers, truncheons, gift of god is in the game since a long time and still sold as expensive as 24 carat gold bars. The thing I don't understand why I can't exchange the other 95 resources (even at a very bad ratio) into these super-rare commodities. Yes the answer is "so people spend more balens", but actually, it chases away everyone but the whales.
            My blog about how to build the strongest character in Wartune using a minimum amount of balens:

Comment

Fherkyat,

The game must have "that factor" for you to buy/want an item. Six months ago, orange slyph's were uncommon. Now just about everyone has one, maybe two for free. What is the factor that distinguishes these slyph? The upgraded jewels. The same for your little sidekicks. Else everyone would have the same battle rating. I'm sure beads will be like fate stones eventually when something new comes out. Look at the soul seals, they are pretty easy to get now.

As for chasing people away. I think as the game evolved, most players have also. Spend as little as possible and have fun. If you skip stuff, does it really matter and going outside is a good thing. I have read and I will assume most have been playing over a year. People are getting tired of the game. The prices, lag, customer service just help it along. People like gambling. If you don't win let say 3 months in a row people get tired stop spending because of that sense.

Thank you

Comment

Stun is one of those things that the game seems to love, and players really hate. Tanks is the most egregious example, and one of the main reasons why everyone loathes it.

Compounding the stupid, the new stun skills have a bleed effect for 2 of the 3 classes, and bleeds don't work on a stunned opponent.

Stuns in arena are the worst though, you might as well go get a snack while you wait if you're stunned early.

Comment

Annoying in bg, but a godsend in tok. Strangely, I can stun the top players in there most of the time, despite an average influence.

And lots of threads have been made about arena being fairly dead.

It's disappointing that they have introduced this but every cloud has a silver lining.
                  Mage
                  L80 DSW
                  IMDE

Comment

Originally posted by FufuBunnySlayer View Post
                    Eh, it's fun to laugh at someone when they stun you multiple times but still lose. It's equally as frustrating when someone wins a very close fight solely because of stun.

Different from HS since that was just an exp grind; influence is just cash.
                    HS was a tool to use against the new casher, influence is a tool of the big casher; kinda the opposite there.
                    Actualy most of the times I manage to stun someone, (I don't equip Icebolt, it's useless) it comes from the sidekick, and you can equip gems in it's equipment to largely increase influence, and you can get them for free. Just a matter of defining your startegy.

JBird
                    Boas Tetas, S60 Leaves Fort
                    Mage lvl.80 ~8M BR, 5xCW Sorceror EU zone
                    One Swallow doensn't make a summer but a Bird crafts a victory

Comment

Originally posted by JBirdie View Post
                      Actualy most of the times I manage to stun someone, (I don't equip Icebolt, it's useless) it comes from the sidekick, and you can equip gems in it's equipment to largely increase influence, and you can get them for free. Just a matter of defining your startegy.
                      easy for u to say when u use knight... none other eudaemon stuns - thats 1..
                      2nd thing - knights have a skill which has 100% in its description (me having 300 influence being stuned with 80 lvl knight (who just made 80) with 0 influence with 300k lower br(without eudaemons)

this new stun **** is so messed up..
                      like in bloody inferno stage 5 (if its athena) try beating it in duo.. i bet if u are both in front u will not make even 3 hits to boss.. because u will allways be in stun..

Comment

Yes I agree, it at least makes ToK nm 5 rooms doable So every bad thing have a good side, it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by R282358633 View Post
                          2nd thing - knights have a skill which has 100% in its description (me having 300 influence being stuned with 80 lvl knight (who just made 80) with 0 influence with 300k lower br(without eudaemons)

like in bloody inferno stage 5 (if its athena) try beating it in duo.. i bet if u are both in front u will not make even 3 hits to boss.. because u will allways be in stun..
                          All classes have a 100% stun skill.

Comment

Originally posted by R282358633 View Post

The first Eudamon's class is your choice, so a matter of startegy.
                            As for BI, I decided to try it alone and see how bad it is, managede to beat the athena with pacience, it actualy took me more time to divise a strategy to beat the Hades on lvl6, due to the deflection buff, but finished.

JBird
                            Boas Tetas, S60 Leaves Fort
                            Mage lvl.80 ~8M BR, 5xCW Sorceror EU zone
                            One Swallow doensn't make a summer but a Bird crafts a victory

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
                              All classes have a 100% stun skill.
                              JBirdie and that R2# guy are talking about kidpets, of which only the knight has a stun move, I believe.

The rest of us, however, are talking about the adv skills.

Comment

Working...
                              X