Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Forum PMs and Mail

Due to an error in the current version of vBulletin, most are experiencing errors with the private messaging system. Please do not send moderators private messages for assistance at this time. If you have an issue that requires privacy, let us know in your new post or thread and we will work with you to find another option. Thanks - The Moderation Team.
2 of 2 < >

R2 LOGIN ISSUES

For recent R2 login issues, please log in through the website starting with "https": https://www.r2games.com. In addition, the bookmark of the saved URL may still contain the word "http", please change it to "https". If this does not work for you, please clear the cache and cookies to complete the most recent update, or try again with another browser. Thank you.
See more
See less

Bots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bots

    World of Warcraft has banned over 100K players for 6 months for using Bots. Will R2games or 7Roads start to ban players using bots?

  • #2
    Probably not, WoW you can use an army of bots to auction stuff, but in Wartune there's no trading to speak of, so you can only gain some small benefits from using bots. Technically they can ban people for botting, but I've never heard of it happening, and at least some bot users are probably also the best customers, so no way they just ban automatically, even with proof.

    Comment


    • #3
      I've never seen a player in Wartune get banned for using bots even after solid proofs, but maybe sometime 7road or R2 may ban botting customers if there are too many reports on one person...

      Comment


      • #4
        I have see people get banned, for alot of **** even with out booting just banned for fun is why many in my server has quit, they log out and login and is banned day after for no resone
        Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 05-16-2015, 03:51 PM.
        Character - Taggen
        Server - S100 Goulpass Keep
        Class - Archer
        Battle Rating -2.4M BR
        Slyph - Orange Electro, Light, Dark
        Highest CW ranking - 26th

        Comment


        • #5
          They can only catch someone using bots if someone tells on that person. Besides that, they can't detect.

          Comment


          • #6
            I have recently submitted a screenshot of someone admitting that they have used bots. We will see shortly if the Terms Of Service in this game actually mean anything.

            Comment


            • #7
              I cant find any free bots so W/E lol... all the ones I find have viruses and all that ** really b s is a bad word that is **

              Comment


              • #8
                It appears bots are allowed in the game and the Terms of Service mean nothing. A screenshot of someone admitting they use bots is not enough. This game is a complete fraud.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Very easy with a google search, or just get any macro program and make your own. Nothing new that r2 doesn't do anything towards bots, just live with that fact and have fun in the game. It's not like the bot users are hiding the fact, which is good, cause then we, who plays the game fair, know who to compete with

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Loki314 View Post
                    It appears bots are allowed in the game and the Terms of Service mean nothing. A screenshot of someone admitting they use bots is not enough. This game is a complete fraud.
                    Maybe you should just leave then.

                    Also, maybe they don't take your screenshots seriously after you've submitted forged (photoshopped) screenshots to try and get people's accounts suspended. Ever think of that?

                    My account was actually shut down for a day because someone (you, I was told, by one of your guild members at the time) submitted a forged world chat record saying I admitted to using Balen Hacks. My account was reinstated with a massive compensation package (at that time) after I went off on support for locking me out without any proof - which I know didn't exist, because I've never used bots or hacks.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Zorich View Post
                      Maybe you should just leave then.

                      Also, maybe they don't take your screenshots seriously after you've submitted forged (photoshopped) screenshots to try and get people's accounts suspended. Ever think of that?

                      My account was actually shut down for a day because someone (you, I was told, by one of your guild members at the time) submitted a forged world chat record saying I admitted to using Balen Hacks. My account was reinstated with a massive compensation package (at that time) after I went off on support for locking me out without any proof - which I know didn't exist, because I've never used bots or hacks.
                      First of all Zorich, I know nothing about the balen hack incident. I am an honest person and I will only act on things that I see first-hand. I also believe that you are an honest player, as I never did see you participate in the bot usage in the sylph atoll.

                      That was what my complaint was about. I have a valid screenshot of one of your guild members admitting that members of Unforgiven used bots to mine sylphs (and ultimately sepulcrum) for almost 6 months.

                      We were instructed by an R2mentor to kill the bots, since their usage was against the Terms of Service of the game. Again, I never saw you participate in this, but several members of your guild did.

                      This bot usage resulted in several of your members gaining free build points for their sylphs and becoming much stronger in violation of the rules. I do not know why actions were not taken against the people who did this, hence my frustration.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        If you can't fight them join them.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Loki314 View Post
                          I have recently submitted a screenshot of someone admitting that they have used bots. We will see shortly if the Terms Of Service in this game actually mean anything.
                          R2 seems very reluctant to ban, even when you have solid and legitimate proof. Some of the reluctance may come from the fact that proof can be faked very easily. I hear from R2Mentors that have visited my server that a person is more likely to get banned if the tickets complaining about their activity (and providing proof) come from many players rather than just one or two.

                          The potential gains from botting are minimal due to no auction house and caps on max steals from farm and on how many sylphs you can sacrifice a day. Those who bot do gain an unfair advantage, but it is small and not game breaking. When I see it, I report it, along with the proof, even knowing that R2 will do nothing about it. Their enforcement of ToS is very arbitrary.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Loki314 View Post
                            I have a valid screenshot of one of your guild members admitting that members of Unforgiven used bots to mine sylphs (and ultimately sepulcrum) for almost 6 months.
                            That is not proof of anything. Really, you expected something to come from that?


                            As someone who has sat in atoll numerous times for about half an hour clicking sylphs while also doing other things and also paying zero attention to the game, I warn people to be absolutely sure someone is using a bot before you report them.....

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by JeffExtreme View Post
                              That is not proof of anything. Really, you expected something to come from that?


                              As someone who has sat in atoll numerous times for about half an hour clicking sylphs while also doing other things and also paying zero attention to the game, I warn people to be absolutely sure someone is using a bot before you report them.....
                              I expected something to come of it since the mentor was on our server at the time of the bot usage. They asked if I had proof of admission of bot usage, which was provided in the screenshot where bot usage was admitted in world chat.

                              My screenshot was validated against the world chat logs and yet nothing was done. The Terms of Service are enforced quite arbitrarily indeed.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X