X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sbpeir
    started a topic Bots

Bots

World of Warcraft has banned over 100K players for 6 months for using Bots. Will R2games or 7Roads start to ban players using bots?

• JkLoser87
    replied
    One way to make sure someone bots, just lure them with your sylph to a transporter, and they will get stuck, until the bot program refreshes, get them stuck again, and do it over and over. That's solid proof, but r2 won't do anything anyways

Heard that the "most popular" bot program for wartune now cost? I have noticed the pass 3 days that almost all bots have disappeared.

Leave a comment:

• ISuk?
    replied
    well that and ppl say they do things that they dont rly do a lot around here

one of the biggest spenders on my server claims all their balens come from free offers lol

Leave a comment:

• Loki314
    replied
    Originally posted by JeffExtreme View Post
    That is not proof of anything. Really, you expected something to come from that?

As someone who has sat in atoll numerous times for about half an hour clicking sylphs while also doing other things and also paying zero attention to the game, I warn people to be absolutely sure someone is using a bot before you report them.....
    I expected something to come of it since the mentor was on our server at the time of the bot usage. They asked if I had proof of admission of bot usage, which was provided in the screenshot where bot usage was admitted in world chat.

My screenshot was validated against the world chat logs and yet nothing was done. The Terms of Service are enforced quite arbitrarily indeed.

Leave a comment:

• JeffExtreme
    replied
    Originally posted by Loki314 View Post
    I have a valid screenshot of one of your guild members admitting that members of Unforgiven used bots to mine sylphs (and ultimately sepulcrum) for almost 6 months.
    That is not proof of anything. Really, you expected something to come from that?

As someone who has sat in atoll numerous times for about half an hour clicking sylphs while also doing other things and also paying zero attention to the game, I warn people to be absolutely sure someone is using a bot before you report them.....

Leave a comment:

• KS222
    replied
    I have recently submitted a screenshot of someone admitting that they have used bots. We will see shortly if the Terms Of Service in this game actually mean anything.
    R2 seems very reluctant to ban, even when you have solid and legitimate proof. Some of the reluctance may come from the fact that proof can be faked very easily. I hear from R2Mentors that have visited my server that a person is more likely to get banned if the tickets complaining about their activity (and providing proof) come from many players rather than just one or two.

The potential gains from botting are minimal due to no auction house and caps on max steals from farm and on how many sylphs you can sacrifice a day. Those who bot do gain an unfair advantage, but it is small and not game breaking. When I see it, I report it, along with the proof, even knowing that R2 will do nothing about it. Their enforcement of ToS is very arbitrary.

Leave a comment:

• SlowPlay
    replied
    If you can't fight them join them.

Leave a comment:

• Loki314
    replied
    Originally posted by Zorich View Post
    Maybe you should just leave then.

Also, maybe they don't take your screenshots seriously after you've submitted forged (photoshopped) screenshots to try and get people's accounts suspended. Ever think of that?

My account was actually shut down for a day because someone (you, I was told, by one of your guild members at the time) submitted a forged world chat record saying I admitted to using Balen Hacks. My account was reinstated with a massive compensation package (at that time) after I went off on support for locking me out without any proof - which I know didn't exist, because I've never used bots or hacks.
    First of all Zorich, I know nothing about the balen hack incident. I am an honest person and I will only act on things that I see first-hand. I also believe that you are an honest player, as I never did see you participate in the bot usage in the sylph atoll.

That was what my complaint was about. I have a valid screenshot of one of your guild members admitting that members of Unforgiven used bots to mine sylphs (and ultimately sepulcrum) for almost 6 months.

We were instructed by an R2mentor to kill the bots, since their usage was against the Terms of Service of the game. Again, I never saw you participate in this, but several members of your guild did.

This bot usage resulted in several of your members gaining free build points for their sylphs and becoming much stronger in violation of the rules. I do not know why actions were not taken against the people who did this, hence my frustration.

Leave a comment:

• Zorich
    replied
    It appears bots are allowed in the game and the Terms of Service mean nothing. A screenshot of someone admitting they use bots is not enough. This game is a complete fraud.
    Maybe you should just leave then.

Also, maybe they don't take your screenshots seriously after you've submitted forged (photoshopped) screenshots to try and get people's accounts suspended. Ever think of that?

My account was actually shut down for a day because someone (you, I was told, by one of your guild members at the time) submitted a forged world chat record saying I admitted to using Balen Hacks. My account was reinstated with a massive compensation package (at that time) after I went off on support for locking me out without any proof - which I know didn't exist, because I've never used bots or hacks.

Leave a comment:

• JkLoser87
    replied
    Very easy with a google search, or just get any macro program and make your own. Nothing new that r2 doesn't do anything towards bots, just live with that fact and have fun in the game. It's not like the bot users are hiding the fact, which is good, cause then we, who plays the game fair, know who to compete with

Leave a comment:

• Loki314
    replied
    It appears bots are allowed in the game and the Terms of Service mean nothing. A screenshot of someone admitting they use bots is not enough. This game is a complete fraud.

Leave a comment:

• JackFrost1111111
    replied
    I cant find any free bots so W/E lol... all the ones I find have viruses and all that ** really b s is a bad word that is **

Leave a comment:

• Loki314
    replied
    I have recently submitted a screenshot of someone admitting that they have used bots. We will see shortly if the Terms Of Service in this game actually mean anything.

Leave a comment:

• KrishnaWartune
    replied
    They can only catch someone using bots if someone tells on that person. Besides that, they can't detect.

Leave a comment:

• dwmedia
    replied
    I have see people get banned, for alot of **** even with out booting just banned for fun is why many in my server has quit, they log out and login and is banned day after for no resone
    Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 05-16-2015, 03:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X