Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

could u plz fix the Lovely match system in multi arena?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• could u plz fix the Lovely match system in multi arena?

I just cant belive that they didn't fix arena match making yet.
    Why dont the make so it based of the average br and when its mathing maby make the average br +/- 20k br so u get different people insted of getting
    hammered? Even our strongest player in our server is having a hard time in arena and most of em have 1.2mil+ br so if they are having a hard time somthing
    is very wrong.

Enyone agree or disagree?

fix left right complains
    fix right left complains
    fix right and left
    middle complains

Can I direct to a tale which is applicable to what u are asking
    5 Blind men and an elephant

Comment

Match by avarage br = 1 strong person carrying 3 low ppl = roflstomp = more whine...are you sure this is what you want?

Comment

Originally posted by gruntar View Post
        Match by avarage br = 1 strong person carrying 3 low ppl = roflstomp = more whine...are you sure this is what you want?
        Another example would be 4 strong players without kids VS 4 weak players with kids lol, oh that would be fun let's go BR matching!

Comment

Level matching is fine, but it would have to work... Arena is about to have low level and high BR if you want to win most of rounds. It should also match you according the highest level of your members. But now it matches to anyone it wants.
          I am doing arena usually with people of level around 50 and less than 60 and many times we got people level 70+ or 80 and also less than 40. It is no fun in both cases. It is ok if we meet someone of similar level and loose, but other extremes are not good.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealDidi View Post
            I just cant belive that they didn't fix arena match making yet.
            Why dont the make so it based of the average br and when its mathing maby make the average br +/- 20k br so u get different people insted of getting
            hammered? Even our strongest player in our server is having a hard time in arena and most of em have 1.2mil+ br so if they are having a hard time somthing
            is very wrong.

Enyone agree or disagree?
            Disagree. If you make arena matching based on BR, then there would literally be zero advantage for getting a higher BR in arena. At ~1.2m br per person, there are less teams stronger than us, and more teams weaker. Our average score of 12-3 in arena reflects that.

Comment

The problem is that new players are levelling up way too fast, i've seen quite a few 80 adv with lower br then i had when sylph br didn't count for total br. Don't listen those that tell you not to camp, camp as much as u can, get higher honor and decent astral then lvl up.

Comment

ppl be nice. she said 'plz'
                ooo naww, you didn't. you gotta be trollin' me o_O

Comment

I think the real problem is that arena is just so unappealing that not that many players do it any more, so you don't have a lot of options to match against. Matching times are definitely longer now than they used to be for me, and I tend to see the same opponents a lot more often too.

BR based matching would be completely irrelevant when there are so few teams matching at the same time. Quite aside from being a terrible idea for all the reasons already given.

Comment

For me, arena used to be good until the last patch broke it completely. Now I only do 5 per day. Just more time freed up.

Comment

make eudamon dissable in arena is more than enough to "fix" arena issues.
                      BR matching is just stupid, it punish someone strong and rewards weakling -_-

Comment

I would do the matching based on how much lag you can create. For example a 4 person archer party with 4 archer kids all using lunatic fire at the same time = INSTAKILL= Diamond Group
                        IGN: AncientEvil
                        Server: EU-271+merged
                        Class: Archer
                        Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

BR matching would be easy for strong to manipulate: take off all euds and instantly cut team BR almost in half. Swap some red astrals for orange % astrals to drop it a few thousand more. Or just have one strong player carrying 3 low BRs. All it takes is one monster to 1 vs 4 the other team.

I do agree that the current matching is exceptionally bad. I thought it was supposed to be based on arena ranking (iron, silver, gold, diamond) and level, but recently, we've fought everything from teams consisting entirely of top 16 players (people you see in ToK) to teams that are so weak we 1 shot them. Its fairly rare to have good fights; usually its either an easy stomp for my team or no chance in heck that we'd win. I'm not sure if its the matching that has gotten worse or if its the addition of eudaemon making more people opt out. We have been having longer matching, generally 30-60 sec when it used to be 5-10 sec. There are times when its easy to tell we're not even fighting other 80s. I caught a screenshot of it when we were pitted against a group of level 30s from our server and submitted that in a ticket along with screenshots of the info on each and every one of us to show them that we were, in fact, pitted against level 30s, not just very weak 80s who had no sylph and no fate aura. The answer: "its with the devs".

Comment

Originally posted by ancev View Post
                            I would do the matching based on how much lag you can create. For example a 4 person archer party with 4 archer kids all using lunatic fire at the same time = INSTAKILL= Diamond Group
                            This is so funny and sad, because it's true.
                            THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

I'm perfectly happy with it as it stands. My team's win:loss ratio is more than satisfactory. The crit clouds on the other hand...
                              IGN: Swinella
                              Class: Mage
                              lvl: 80
                              BR: 600k-ish+sylph+Useless kid
                              Server: Kabam s79
                              Completely free player. No VIP.

Comment

Working...
                              X