Suggestions on next sylph to work on?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions on next sylph to work on?

Me, nor my friend, can make up our minds on what Sylph to work on next.
    We both have an orange, Sep maxed, Hercules and can't decide on what our secondary sylphs should be.

I'm an archer and I'm thinking of working on my Gaia or Triton,
    while my friend is a Knight and is thinking about working on her Athena or Triton.

Any suggestions on what we should work on next? We both have all the second evolutions.

my main sylph is a maxed gaia I am currently working on maxxing sepulcrum on herc but after that I was thinking of doing triton.. would be great for sylph expedition and cw currently my triton has only 26kbr and dies fairly quick lol.....and don't forget light and dark sylph can get exspensive

Comment

My Triton is about 40k (I mained it for awhile out of lack of mages), and my Gaia is 30k. They both die fairly quickly.

Just can't decide which one to focus on (Triton has a bit of Sep in it, Gaia has no Sep - both are purple). They are both useful in Sylph Exp, and I imagine the same can be said for CW. Athena would be good for CW and the newest MPDs first boss.

Not enough Sep and Mahra to go around.. lol

Comment

Gaia and athena are good choices for things that require aoe badassiness, like sylph arena, and group arena, tok, in some part some mps, etc

I'd prob go gaia/athena 2nd, then triton 3rd for both of you

Comment

Triton is the most under-rated Sylph. Not only is it a great PvP Sylph, but it's a must-have in the new Sylph Expedition.

My Triton is a 105k Max Orange w/ Basic Attack, Ice Bolt, Ice Shield, Rain Dance and Delphic. I have the Stun Passive and the Reduced Awakening Passive.

Ice Bolt is a 300% 25s CD Attack that's just brutal. I can use it 3x in a single awakening if I lead with it. I've been using it for about 2 weeks now exclusively in PvP and I've only taken 1 loss against any opponent that's been within +/- 10% of my BR. And until people start carrying Water Resist, I'll keep doing 300k+ Ice Bolts @ 50% Boost .

In Sylph Expedition I have two max Tritons (I use a friends as well) and cycle Ice bolt, Delphic, Rain Dance on mine and Delphic, Rain Dance and Warm Spring on my friends (He Doesn't have Ice Bolt on his). The Delph Stuns work like 50%+ in there, even on bosses.

You do need a PAtk Compliment though in the Expedition if you do the Double-Triton method. A Max Gaia is ideal, though a Max Cerberus is also very good with the rotating heals of two Triton. The Cerberus does more damage, but doesn't reduce the damage done to it as well, nor does it have the self-heal of "Devour Soul" - which comes in handy on the L23 Elite and L25 Boss.

So what I'm saying is, go Triton .

Comment

i agree with Triton, it has good use both in PvP and PvE. also you will need good water res in EF NM, so having a good triton is very helpful

Gaia is great, but when people starting to equip dark resistance crystal so its becoming less useful for PvP. still good for PvE tho.

Cerberus and Medusa is also good enough, but if you can only afford 1 more sylph it's better to go with Triton.
            Originally posted by Wraithraiser
            Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

triton and medusa

gaia/athena out of the question, too cash dependent when upgrading
              Level 49 Archer
              BR 150k

Comment

Originally posted by R227590034 View Post
                Me, nor my friend, can make up our minds on what Sylph to work on next.
                We both have an orange, Sep maxed, Hercules and can't decide on what our secondary sylphs should be.

I'm an archer and I'm thinking of working on my Gaia or Triton,
                while my friend is a Knight and is thinking about working on her Athena or Triton.

Any suggestions on what we should work on next? We both have all the second evolutions.
                since you both have Hercules and are both physical attack only thing you have to think about is what type of element you want to attack with Dark, light and water. other than that its really up to you guys and what you think you use more triton or the others gaia and Athena.
                Mage: level 80
                Battle rating:guess
                Server 26 Europe Kabam merged with servers 16, 49

" My software never has bugs. It just develops random features."

-R2games

Comment

Triton is better for multi player arena, sylph expedition and forest but sucks on pvp, aegis is a better choice for pvp and is decent for multi arena and sylph expedition.

Comment

Aegis or Athena as second. Medusa and Triton as third and fourth, order doesn't matter for them.

Comment

Obviously he should work on Cerberus to get ready for Sylph fusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Tranc3motion View Post
                        Obviously he should work on Cerberus to get ready for Sylph fusion.
                        Because everyone wants to throw 20k on fusing their sylphs, lol

Cerberus is good, but fusion is not for everyone.

Comment

I think Gaia is incredibly useful, once you get it even reasonably strong. Devour soul is one of the best skills, period. Athena isn't that great until you really build it up though. The skills are relatively weak, so you're relying on the elemental advantage to really get good use out of it.

Triton is great, but choosing only 5 skills is not a trivial decision. I find that I would like to have each of the skills (except Neptune's Blessing) at various times. If you could freely swap skills, I'd say triton, hands down, since it could be so versatile. But as others said, a strong triton is a very powerful pet in sylph expedition. Gaia probably a better complement to a Hercules though. Athena a distant third, unless you plan to cash it to max in a short time, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
                            I think Gaia is incredibly useful, once you get it even reasonably strong. Devour soul is one of the best skills, period. Athena isn't that great until you really build it up though. The skills are relatively weak, so you're relying on the elemental advantage to really get good use out of it.

Triton is great, but choosing only 5 skills is not a trivial decision. I find that I would like to have each of the skills (except Neptune's Blessing) at various times. If you could freely swap skills, I'd say triton, hands down, since it could be so versatile. But as others said, a strong triton is a very powerful pet in sylph expedition. Gaia probably a better complement to a Hercules though. Athena a distant third, unless you plan to cash it to max in a short time, I guess.
                            Well said. As someone who used a 140k 2nd Evo Gaia, 125k Athena and 105k Triton just yesterday - I found the Athena so lacking that I swapped out the better equipment and stones on it and put em on the Triton - who's now about even with the Athena at 115k each. The Triton is SO much better everywhere except for ToK NM .

As to you point with the Triton Skills, you are SO right. I would love to be able to carry 8 skills on it. As it is, in Expedition I cycle Ice Bolt, Delphic and Rain Dance. I also have Ice Shield and Deluge Strike (Basic Attack). In PvP I can lead Ice Bolt, Ice Shield + Deluge, Delphic + Deluge, Rain Dance + Ice Bolt, Deluge x5, Ice Bolt. I wish I had Warm Spring, Tsunami and Ice Armor - but that's just being greedy .

But that PvP awakening rotation, people undervalue the damage done quite a bit. The Triton has the 2nd best Base Attack at 165% (along with Cerb and Herc). Better than Athena or Medusa by quite a bit. It also has a 300% attack that's reusable. That sequence is 300%, 165%, 280%, 165%, 300%, 165% x5, 300% = 2,335% Damage. Plus (in my case) 230k HP Damage Shielding and an 800k HP AoE Crit-Heal, not to mention Rune usage. It's actually right there with the Gaia.

Comment

My Triton is mostly support - mages were few and far between - so it's not much for attacking. Suppose I should go down the Gaia rabbit hole.

Does Sylph Expidition ever hand out moon rocks, ect. like it does in China?

(Sylph Fusion isn't in the cards for me, assuming they keep the balen requirements for the fusion and skills. They thankfully changed it for the fuse gems.. so who knows.)
                              Last edited by R227590034; 05-22-2015, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X