Suggestions on next sylph to work on?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R227590034 View Post
    My Triton is mostly support - mages were few and far between - so it's not much for attacking. Suppose I should go down the Gaia rabbit hole.
    So just did the 10pm WB (EDT) with my Triton (115k BR) to test out it's usefulness as a pure damage doer...

My average "round" was in the 1.8 to 2.0 Mil Gold & Daru range. My Rotation by "Action Round":

1. Thunderer + Eudaemon Delphic Shield (to Start Speed Cast)
    2. Lightning Bolt + Chaos Rune (& Queue Thunderer)
    3. Thunderer + Ice Bolt
    4. Lightning Bolt + Rain of Fire
    5. Lightning Bolt + Awaken (& Queue Ice Shield)
    6. Ice Shield + Brutality (& Queue Ice Bolt) (Survive Big Hit)
    7. Ice Bolt + Archon Wave
    8. Deluge Strike
    9. Deluge Strike + Deluge Strike
    10. Deluge Strike + Chaos Rune (& Queue Ice Bolt)
    11. Ice Bolt + Deluge Strike
    12. Deluge Strike

I had a +10% MAtk Potion on. That's my standard WB Buff. With my 2nd Evo Hecate (140k BR) I do (on rough average) 700k - 750k Normal Rounds and 1.0 - 1.3 Mil Pet Rounds. This means with the Triton I'm actually doing the same range of damage, but cutting out the 30s delay in- between rounds every other time. I definitely had one of my better WB nights tonight. Thinking this might be my new norm if it stays consistent.

In Theory, a Knight who has Ice Shield, Deluge Strike, Ice Bolt and Archon Wave as skills on their Triton SHOULD be able to go AFK after the Awaken & Shield Survival and do the double-attack exploit getting Ice Bolt x2, Archon Wave x2, Deluge Strike x4, Ice Bolt x2 every time. Would the gaining back of a 30s delay and getting off 4x 300% & 2x 280% attacks balance (or surpass) two Hercules Delphics?

I'd love to see someone test it.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
      I

Triton is great, but choosing only 5 skills is not a trivial decision. I find that I would like to have each of the skills (except Neptune's Blessing) at various times. If you could freely swap skills, I'd say triton, hands down, since it could be so versatile.
      i reallly wishes it to happen. T_T
      Originally posted by Wraithraiser
      Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

how can u survive big hits with a shield ?

need maths
        Level 49 Archer
        BR 150k

Comment

Originally posted by kevs926 View Post
          how can u survive big hits with a shield ?

need maths
          Ice Shield absorbs 30% of your Max HP in Damage. The Big Hit does 100% Of you Max HP and is immune to Damage Reduction through Guardian, Apollo, Incendiary, Illusion, Block, etc.. However, it doesn't increase damage if you've got an additional HP pool. So things like the Agoran Shield (Bubble) and the Triton's Ice Shield that absorb damage can save you.

I have about 650k HP w/ Triton on, and I live consistently with about 120k - 150k HP left after the Big Hit so long as the Ice Shield is up. You just need to make sure that whatever HP pool you have is enough to accommodate the two other shots along with the big hit. My defense is enough that they only do about 30k - 40k damage each. So as long as I have more than 150k (in case of Max Damage & Crits) on that "Bubble" of HP, I'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
            My defense is enough that they only do about 30k - 40k damage each.
            Defence doesn't matter much, it's resistance that reduce the damage on wb ulti.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowPlay View Post
              Defence doesn't matter much, it's resistance that reduce the damage on wb ulti.
              Resistance is part of one's overall Defense . Just as Goddess Blessing is as well and my 20% Apollo from my kid. All that together bring down the paired "ultimate" hits to 30k - 40k each. The real "ultimate" of the trio can't be reduced. It always hits for max HP, so again, it's a matter of getting those two shots doing less than you're additional HP pool.

Comment

i misunderstood the "HP based damage" and "strong hits damage" order

some1 said that strong hits comes first b4 hp based. So now it is reversed? then it makes sense for shields to survive hits.
                Level 49 Archer
                BR 150k

Comment

Originally posted by kevs926 View Post
                  i misunderstood the "HP based damage" and "strong hits damage" order

some1 said that strong hits comes first b4 hp based. So now it is reversed? then it makes sense for shields to survive hits.
                  The order doesn't actually matter, the ulti hit always does your current hp, and since you have a shield on, the regular attacks don't reduce HP at all. If the regular damage is less than the HP of your shield, you survive, if it's not, you don't. If the deathblow comes first, you are left with whatever % of hp your shield gives, so that has to be enough to survive the rest. If it comes last and the shield is gone, you die. The total damage only goes down if you don't survive. As an example:
                  starting HP: 600k
                  agoran shield @ 20%: 120k (triton shield is 180k)
                  auto-kill hit: ~600K
                  4 regular hits: 27k(blocked)/36k(unblocked) each

So, here's what happens when blocking or not:
                  600K + 120K - 600k - (4 x 27k) = 12k
                  600K + 120K - 600k - (4 x 36k) = -24k

Notice that we can eliminate the 600k numbers because they cancel out, so all that matters is the shield HP and the regular damage. And shields are based on your max hp, so it doesn't even matter if you have a full hp bar to start.

Comment

Sadly my Triton has Ice Armor, would love to swap it out for Shield or Ice Bolt if I could. Not about to spend thousands of BBs just to TRY and replace one move though. lol

I'm almost tempted to be an idiot and work on Triton and Gaia simultaneously. At least for now since every day I seem to go back and forth on the two.
                    Last edited by R227123782; 05-24-2015, 09:28 PM.

Comment

I have the same problem. I really wish sylphs had more skill slots. My Triton currently has Warm Spring, Rain Dance, Ice Shield and Acheron Wave with a free last slot.
                      I am trying to decide whether to relearn Deluge Strike or get Ice Bolt instead.

Comment

Working...
                      X