suggestion to devs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suggestion to devs

Properly monetizing a free-to-play game, according to Kislyi, takes collaborative planning around a free model from the outset of development on a project. “You cannot first make a cool game, and then monetize it. Why would people pay us money? Who will pay? Who will not pay? If you squeeze too much money from them, they leave and they do bad publicity. On the other hand, if you’re too kind, too soft, they just play the game, they enjoy your game and they don’t pay. So you don’t make money and you go bankrupt. So this really, really fine, tiny line between paying and not paying. There is no one universal formula for any kind of game.

According to Kislyi, establishing a competitive game that is skill-based helps. If you’re knowledgeable about the game, you should be able to have a shot at winning, even against someone who has spent more money. It’s when the “wallet warriors” always win that causes other players to get frustrated and bail out''

seen this today and thought maybe the devs should read it
    Last edited by JackFrost1111111; 05-21-2015, 10:12 PM.

My Experience

I got the MMO experience from a Dev about a decade ago. Most above is basically the norm from the comment I read. From my experience it's not the 7 roads/R2 way of doing things.
    A year with Wartune is ups and down. 1st off players find events they like it becomes a midnight tradition. Folks stay up just to participate. Whip > SC > Gems we all remember this rotation. It was fun hanging with your buddies at midnight getting good rewards and making the toon better. The solution to this fun... ruin it completely. Cannot think of another MMO that damages itself more needlessly.

Then there are factors many may not even realize. There is a Dev responsible for each server. They intern control drop rates for the server and each individual account. Like day one on the old chests drop rate 50% day 1 then 40% there after on the most wanted mass item from drops. That encourages day 1 buying for cashers like myself. Now with these double/triple chests it's basically exchange not open. Now wait for recharge then spender events that's the "value' if you wanna call it that.
    I ask myself why a company would set a paying customers drop rate of virtually zero on things like sylph essence chest to a 7 figure casher. See that's not how well run MMOs operate. You spend they should want you to get "value" and enjoy playing the game. No DD in advance DIM for a month? The list goes on and on. I'm looking at what to play next not buying more balens. Oh and when there is something to buy it's insane. Blessing of GOD 70 USD per 100 is ridiculous. Just think of it this way. 3 man sylph team that's 3 x 6 = 18 equips times 70 USD each 1260 USD for level2 Sylph gear that's insane.

That line between all free and profit isn't that hard I've played several over the years. One thing off the back was server capacity in some. Cashers got constant access without the DC freeloaders got remaining server capacity as an example. Here you use VIP and a Covey that's 21USD a month more than most subscription games they should have more value from VIP as an example alone.

Get a really good concept like DIM then nerf it twice because the team cannot understand "cause and effect"(will resist exp.). When most stuff brought into the game eventually becomes a players complaint there is simply bad management. DIM was roundly unpopular for DIM wars. We had a poll on the forum that ran around 85% to get rid of DIM Wars. They don't listen to the customer this is a perfect example. Another is Demonic Powers in the wilds. Taken a month ago and very popular. Again I ask why get the customer upset?

We could go on this is enough samples. Just understand there is a culture with this game that appears to want cashers to get less value. That's not how a well run MMO does business.

Comment

this game caters to people with lots of cash, so they should not be defeated.
      Level 49 Archer
      BR 150k

Comment

It's so easy to think of simple ways to make the game better for players. In fact, you can spend the next year improving the game by doing everything they did in the last year ... in reverse order. That's because the Wartune providers hate players.

Comment

I wish they would just get rid of all these spending events...tired of looking at them. They need to put blitz in for more stuff...and scale the game to go with the new content so we can keep up with it all.

Comment

Originally posted by R2111470937 View Post
            It's so easy to think of simple ways to make the game better for players. In fact, you can spend the next year improving the game by doing everything they did in the last year ... in reverse order. That's because the Wartune providers hate players.
            for me I think they started going in the wrong direction about 6 months ago... 4 months ago started making every event casher events taking event boxes out of events... things in game players enjoy they remove like the thing that dropped in the wilds and could exchange in hot events etc etc.... now I have spent a fair amount myself but the events want you to spend 1,000+usd a week its just ridiculous idk maybe they want us to quit wartune so they can move on to another game the ceo did say in a video they make they're money from new servers soooo who knows besides the wartune gods(out of touch with reality devs)

Comment

A short term game like this where you shoot straight to the level
              cap and not really much going on during the trip to cap,it is very
              easy to believe they want to kill the game to get the next new
              thing to bring in a quick profit with little effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Arandeath View Post
                A short term game like this where you shoot straight to the level
                cap and not really much going on during the trip to cap,it is very
                easy to believe they want to kill the game to get the next new
                thing to bring in a quick profit with little effort.
                well the way these people run things I wont ever play a game with the name R2, proficient city or 7road associated with it they should really treat the players better if they wish to keep the customers playing the games....eventually they will burn all the bridges and have nobody willing to play the games....you cant treat players like CUPCAKES then expect them to give you money for a game with a different title some people will continue to play the games eventually all will stop 90% of the people I speak to about the game feel the same

Comment

It's not going to be just r2 or 7 road,any game where the emphasis seems to
                  be on speed leveling and end content grind will most likely be a short term
                  "cash in quick while it's hot" type of game.There are a few of these games
                  out right now that are modeled this way.You can expect that any of these
                  will end like this one,they will try to kill it once profits start to drop which
                  I assume is whats going on here with 1000% WP and all the events that
                  players liked getting nerfed.

been playing lotro for a few years now,it is set up for on level content
                  with a "xp" disable scroll for the exact purpose of halting xp gains to
                  slow level if the player wants to take more time.I would think if players
                  are really not happy with a "speed" game they would just go to other
                  games that are obviously made to be long term games with actual
                  quest content for each level.
                  Last edited by Arandeath; 05-23-2015, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arandeath View Post
                    It's not going to be just r2 or 7 road,any game where the emphasis seems to
                    be on speed leveling and end content grind will most likely be a short term
                    "cash in quick while it's hot" type of game.There are a few of these games
                    out right now that are modeled this way.You can expect that any of these
                    will end like this one,they will try to kill it once profits start to drop which
                    I assume is whats going on here with 1000% WP and all the events that
                    players liked getting nerfed.

been playing lotro for a few years now,it is set up for on level content
                    with a "xp" disable scroll for the exact purpose of halting xp gains to
                    slow level if the player wants to take more time.I would think if players
                    are really not happy with a "speed" game they would just go to other
                    games that are obviously made to be long term games with actual
                    quest content for each level.
                    maybe I will go back to playing on a console Call of Duty always fun to play

Comment

Working...
                    X