Announcement

Collapse

Official Community Discord Server

Join us on the new R2Games Community Discord Server! https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5
See more
See less

Increase Daily Free Attempts for Forgotten Catacombs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Increase Daily Free Attempts for Forgotten Catacombs

    Hello again, everyone. I'm unsure if this has already been suggested, but I thought it would be helpful to a lot of the players if the daily free attempts for Forgotten Catacombs was raised to 2 per day instead of 1 per day.

    The reason why I suggest this is because a lot of people (especially on the newer servers) can't get past floor 40 for a while, and barely make enough Crypt Tokens as it is. It would take a very long time to work up enough Crypt Tokens for the better rings and jewelry.

    I would hate to turn this into a casher debate, but I would also like to mention: cashers (if using Balens for Crypt Keys) can do two attempts at Forgotten Catacombs each day. If it was raised to two free attempts, then cashers would be able to do three runs of Forgotten Catacombs each day (two free runs and one run using a Crypt Key). They would still be ahead of the non-cash players; and because of that, I see no reason why this implementation would hurt anything.

    I am a non-cash player, and at the moment I can only complete up to floor 39 of the Forgotten Catacombs, and one run a day just isn't enough to efficiently work up enough tokens for the higher level equipment.

    I understand that cash players should have an advantage over non-cash players, but at the same time, working up enough crypt tokens for us non-cash players is just a long, grueling experience that would normally take weeks (or more than a month to two months depending on what we're saving up for) to accomplish at the least. Increasing the daily attempts to 2 would help decrease that amount of time by enough to make the experience fun; however, it would still require a good amount of hard work in order to reach a player's goals in getting the equipment that he or she desires.

    I am afraid that a lot of non-cash players would get too bored to even continue with the game after they learn how long it would take to work up enough tokens to get the equipment that they need. I think this implementation would help rejuvinate the playerbase a little more and give players a little more incentive to keep working as hard as they have been.

    What are your thoughts on this matter?
    Last edited by Medras; 11-13-2012, 06:39 PM.
    In-Game Name: Drayga
    Server: [S86] Mireworth Keep
    Guild: Vicious (Guild Master)
    Class: Knight

    "Get Drayga'ed."

  • #2
    I heard the chinese version has 3 or 5 free tries I was told this 2 months ago so don't remember if it was 3 or 5 but since they have more I'm sure we will get more as well in the future also for now just skip the 40 sets and save for the 50 sets once you hit 50 you should have enough tokens for it thats how I did it I just skipped the 40 set I even skipped the 30 set to make sure I could get the 50 set at lvl50.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by gagm200 View Post
      I heard the chinese version has 3 or 5 free tries I was told this 2 months ago so don't remember if it was 3 or 5 but since they have more I'm sure we will get more as well in the future also for now just skip the 40 sets and save for the 50 sets once you hit 50 you should have enough tokens for it thats how I did it I just skipped the 40 set I even skipped the 30 set to make sure I could get the 50 set at lvl50.
      If only I thought of this as I was starting out, but just like any other Wartune newbie I made quite a few mistakes, and I wasted tokens on the Gloridon set, the level 20 jewelry, and one of the level 30 rings (I was going to get the other level 30 ring but now I realize it's better to just forget it and save up for the higher-level equipment).

      This is, I believe, another good point in why this suggestion should be taken into consideration: a lot of new players have made the mistake of blowing away a lot of crypt tokens on lower level gear, not knowing how much time and effort it would have taken them to get the higher level equipment.
      In-Game Name: Drayga
      Server: [S86] Mireworth Keep
      Guild: Vicious (Guild Master)
      Class: Knight

      "Get Drayga'ed."

      Comment


      • #4
        for now its might not be good idea yet since some of us barely finish 1 run of catacomb >< ...
        but i hope we get 3-5 free trial soon !
        Last edited by terayaki2; 11-13-2012, 09:05 PM.
        [S1] Temple Of Ibalize
        NasrulEyo
        Mage
        Havoc

        "I'm Moving Forward Bcoz Of Friends , Ty For Supporting Me Friends & Havoc"
        U can submit a here
        My guide

        Comment


        • #5
          i got the level 20 trinket and ring set
          i got the level 30 ring and trinket set
          i got the level 40 ring and trinket set and will probably get the 50 set when i hit 50
          it depends on how strong u are not on how to plan what u get
          besides u only need 1600 crypt tokens which is kinda easy to get
          Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

          I am a 100% Noob

          I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

          Become a friend and be kind

          hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties


          MY GUIDES:
          [Guide-How to reduce lag]

          I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Hyorinmaru6 View Post
            i got the level 20 trinket and ring set
            i got the level 30 ring and trinket set
            i got the level 40 ring and trinket set and will probably get the 50 set when i hit 50
            it depends on how strong u are not on how to plan what u get
            besides u only need 1600 crypt tokens which is kinda easy to get
            but .. but ... i want moar free gem
            [S1] Temple Of Ibalize
            NasrulEyo
            Mage
            Havoc

            "I'm Moving Forward Bcoz Of Friends , Ty For Supporting Me Friends & Havoc"
            U can submit a here
            My guide

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by terayaki2 View Post
              but .. but ... i want moar free gem
              hoarder!!! LMAO! )

              Wartune Retired
              IGN: Senjuu
              Server: S1 Temple of Ibalize
              Guild: Immortals


              Yitien
              IGN: Senju
              Server: S5 Buddha's Dome, S7 The Golden Summit
              Clan: S5 Moon, S7 EXODUS

              I'm a non casher player

              My Guide/s:


              File a support ticket here:

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by terayaki2 View Post
                but .. but ... i want moar free gem
                hahaha gems are easy get true its hard for non cash players but its not impossible like socketing rods
                Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

                I am a 100% Noob

                I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

                Become a friend and be kind

                hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties


                MY GUIDES:
                [Guide-How to reduce lag]

                I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

                Comment


                • #9
                  Well, I wouldn't mind 2 free ones. Looking at that 3-5 runs for free @_@ *drools*
                  The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

                  {OuO**

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    its seem they make we get double reward when use crypt keys ... soooo , FREE CRYPT KEY PWEASE ! xD
                    [S1] Temple Of Ibalize
                    NasrulEyo
                    Mage
                    Havoc

                    "I'm Moving Forward Bcoz Of Friends , Ty For Supporting Me Friends & Havoc"
                    U can submit a here
                    My guide

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Yeah, so far there are two things i'm disappointed about in the 1.45 patch:

                      Still only one run for Forgotten Catacombs. You can use Crypt Keys to get more rewards, but I don't think a lot of non-cash players have Crypt Keys... Oh, that's right, they don't because they can't get them.

                      Other one is irrelivent since it has nothing to do with this subject.

                      Now I sort of feel bad for the cash players because they're only going to be able to do one run of Forgotten Catacombs each day. Sure, they can use Crypt Keys to increase the amount of rewards they get, but is the increase really so significant that it will be greater than doing two runs a day for them? I guess the only good thing that I can see about this is that the amount of EXP (assuming EXP isn't affected by using the Crypt Keys) will be lowered for them since they can only do one run a day instead of two, meaning leveling overall will be a little more balanced out and non-cash players could potentially catch up to cash players a little more (level-wise).

                      I'm still not digging the update for Forgotten Catacombs though. They take it down to one attempt a day, but then give the reward increase to the cash players only. Why couldn't R2Games simply just increase the amount of rewards overall (for both non-cash and cash players) but increase them a little more if Crypt Keys are used? That way it's kind of win-win for both parties.

                      I guess I shouldn't expect much though...
                      In-Game Name: Drayga
                      Server: [S86] Mireworth Keep
                      Guild: Vicious (Guild Master)
                      Class: Knight

                      "Get Drayga'ed."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Medras View Post
                        Yeah, so far there are two things i'm disappointed about in the 1.45 patch:

                        Still only one run for Forgotten Catacombs. You can use Crypt Keys to get more rewards, but I don't think a lot of non-cash players have Crypt Keys... Oh, that's right, they don't because they can't get them.

                        Other one is irrelivent since it has nothing to do with this subject.

                        Now I sort of feel bad for the cash players because they're only going to be able to do one run of Forgotten Catacombs each day. Sure, they can use Crypt Keys to increase the amount of rewards they get, but is the increase really so significant that it will be greater than doing two runs a day for them? I guess the only good thing that I can see about this is that the amount of EXP (assuming EXP isn't affected by using the Crypt Keys) will be lowered for them since they can only do one run a day instead of two, meaning leveling overall will be a little more balanced out and non-cash players could potentially catch up to cash players a little more (level-wise).

                        I'm still not digging the update for Forgotten Catacombs though. They take it down to one attempt a day, but then give the reward increase to the cash players only. Why couldn't R2Games simply just increase the amount of rewards overall (for both non-cash and cash players) but increase them a little more if Crypt Keys are used? That way it's kind of win-win for both parties.

                        I guess I shouldn't expect much though...
                        actually what r2 did was nothing

                        what r2 did was give 1 free run to both cash players and non cash players
                        but the 1 more turn was merged with the first one

                        cash player can use a crypt key to get the second run reward on the first run and use blitz to do it more faster
                        non cash players have no changes except blitz

                        r2 saved time for cash players thats it
                        Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

                        I am a 100% Noob

                        I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

                        Become a friend and be kind

                        hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties


                        MY GUIDES:
                        [Guide-How to reduce lag]

                        I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          hope there will be a mistery box or silver tresure ches for crip keys in a dungeon like multi player dungeeons so we can get crp token... for non balen users like us

                          of it will be a rward in a arena match or a daily devo or daily log in reward
                          to much pride will kill u!!
                          taste the blade of my sword!!

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X