Group Arena is a Joke/Slaughter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Arena is a Joke/Slaughter

Ok to start with I already know what you (Kabam/Wartunes) will say "We match up groups as the best we can". Well your matchups are a joke. I will give you a good example of what I am talking about. and this has happened many times with in our server for us. We go into a groups arena with level 80 toons, and our sylphs' are all purple two stars. And what is it that we are matched up with but a team with 4 and or 5 star Purple sylph's and or Gold/Orange sylph's. yea fair match up. we die after two hits. Now if this only happened once or twice during the 15 Rounds well then no big deal but when it happens 15/15 rounds, that is ****. There is no way for us to win a match up like that. that is like taking a Jr High Football team and matching them up with the Chicago Bears or the Dallas Cowboys, yea like that's a fair match up. and then by the end of the week when we get our arena rewards, it says "Sorry but you didn't earn enough Points to get a Prize" really now I wonder why that is ???? You all need to work on a new system for Group Arena because what you have now is a joke. I know of many of my server mates who don't even bother to do arena because of this. It is a waste of time. You should have it so that if I go into group arena and my sylph is the highest in my group as a Purple two star, then the group we get should not have a sylph no higher then a three star. now that I would call a fair match up. Give us a fighting chance, and not a slaughter after two hits. I don't mind losing in a fair match up but the way you all have the system now when I do go into it, I don't even bother to try and fight, because after I am hit twice I am dead.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture10.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	1713068Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture11.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	1713069I cant complain about the matches I get in arena because I am the one with a orange sylph the lag is a JOKE though but like these screenshots show from the first bg today the matching system does suck

Comment

"the bigger your spendings, the better your gaming experience."

this is the only thing that needs to be fair for R2Games
      Level 49 Archer
      BR 150k

Comment

I have nothing against you for having a orange sylph Jack, but I also don't think that someone who has a orange sylph should be in a arena match up with ppl that only have say a one or two star purple sylph, instead you should be matched up with others that also have orange sylph's

and obviously Kevs you have more money then common sense, these games are suppose to be fun for everyone, but when you are out matched due to someone spending over 1 K in currency to be top dog and you have no chance of ever attaining a decent position then the fun for the game has vanished. And not all of us have the currency to throw into games such as this, we have mouths to feed and bills to be paid.
        Last edited by Devildog3597; 05-23-2015, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Devildog3597 View Post
          and obviously Kevs you have more money then common sense, these games are suppose to be fun for everyone, but when you are out matched due to someone spending over 1 K in currency to be top dog and you have no chance of ever attaining a decent position then the fun for the game has vanished. And not all of us have the currency to throw into games such as this, we have mouths to feed and bills to be paid.
          no. these games are supposed to make R2 rich. that's its main purpose. if you dont have the money, that's ok. in this game, don't expect to have fun without spending lots of money. Only a few people can feel joy playing this game without spending lots of money. If you are not one of them, there are a thousand other games for you to choose from.
          Last edited by kevs926; 05-23-2015, 09:34 AM.
          Level 49 Archer
          BR 150k

Comment

Originally posted by kevs926 View Post
            no. these games are supposed to make R2 rich. that's it main purpose. if you dont have the money, that's ok. in this game, don't expect to have fun without spending lots of money. Only a few people can feel joy playing this game without spending lots of money. If you are not one of them, there are a thousand other games for you to choose from.
            I rest my Case

Comment

Originally posted by kevs926 View Post
              no. these games are supposed to make R2 rich. that's its main purpose. if you dont have the money, that's ok. in this game, don't expect to have fun without spending lots of money. Only a few people can feel joy playing this game without spending lots of money. If you are not one of them, there are a thousand other games for you to choose from.
              I haven't spent a penny. I can't remember the last time my arena team wasn't gold or diamond. Sorry to hear your luck is so horrible.
              IGN: Swinella
              Class: Mage
              lvl: 80
              BR: 600k-ish+sylph+Useless kid
              Server: Kabam s79
              Completely free player. No VIP.

Comment

you are one of the lucky ones Swinella and thank you, but also I hope you understand where I am coming from in the original post too, even when we get a team that is way below us in BR and slyphs we only consider it a token win and not a real win for there was no fair match up involved.

Comment

I have nothing against you for having a orange sylph Jack, but I also don't think that someone who has a orange sylph should be in a arena match up with ppl that only have say a one or two star purple sylph, instead you should be matched up with others that also have orange sylph's

By that logic, someone with a Red sylph (the maybe 5 to 10 players) shouldn't be matched up with orange or lower sylphs.
                  That just won't work.

Comment

Ok to start with I already know what you (Kabam/Wartunes) will say "We match up groups as the best we can". Well your matchups are a joke. I will give you a good example of what I am talking about. and this has happened many times with in our server for us. We go into a groups arena with level 80 toons, and our sylphs' are all purple two stars. And what is it that we are matched up with but a team with 4 and or 5 star Purple sylph's and or Gold/Orange sylph's. yea fair match up. we die after two hits. Now if this only happened once or twice during the 15 Rounds well then no big deal but when it happens 15/15 rounds, that is ****. There is no way for us to win a match up like that. that is like taking a Jr High Football team and matching them up with the Chicago Bears or the Dallas Cowboys, yea like that's a fair match up. and then by the end of the week when we get our arena rewards, it says "Sorry but you didn't earn enough Points to get a Prize" really now I wonder why that is ???? You all need to work on a new system for Group Arena because what you have now is a joke. I know of many of my server mates who don't even bother to do arena because of this. It is a waste of time. You should have it so that if I go into group arena and my sylph is the highest in my group as a Purple two star, then the group we get should not have a sylph no higher then a three star. now that I would call a fair match up. Give us a fighting chance, and not a slaughter after two hits. I don't mind losing in a fair match up but the way you all have the system now when I do go into it, I don't even bother to try and fight, because after I am hit twice I am dead.

1) I agree matching is far from desirable.
                    2) Just because the sylph is orange or higher star does not mean it or the player under it is strong (although it could be an indicator).
                    3) Are you saying you lose all 15 matches everyday and never make gold group at the end of the week? Or is this a one day or fairly frequent occurrence?
                    4) As someone stated Wartune, while fun and competitive, isn't your typical "Let's-try-this-and-see-how -we-do game" where you end up playing for years. If you're only playing for fun with no cash investment, then you may have to change your definition of fun to exclude successful. Can it be done? Sure. Lack of investment = excess of time and event management IF you want to be competitive.

Idea for matching: One key issue with matching is all servers in the time zone are bunched into the pool. It would work a little better if they could have servers younger than 6 months (or whatever) have their own pool and transition them into the full group as they age. my 2cents.
                    Kalydia - Level 80 - 1.98k br Archer - Kabam 57 WEST
                    Guild: Paradox
                    Eudaemon: Eddie - Lvl 8 Oracle Mage - 1.3k br
                    Syphs: 80 Herc - Flashpoint- 127k br
                    80 Triton - Undertow 93k br
                    80 Venus - Precision 113k br
                    80 Gaia - Judgenjury
                    80 Medusa - Backdraft

Comment

Kalyrific just to let you know no never make gold group, and yes we are lucky if we win one out of the 15 match ups in a day, and I do spend a little bit of money on here, but I shouldn't have to be one of the top spenders to enjoy this game also

Comment

And that's the point myself and others made. You can enjoy the game, the people who play it and the challenge to grow your toon. It's just comes at the cost of either $$ or lots of time. I've played for over 2 years and i've seen the lopsided times be for AND against me. We have a solid arena team that has run together for well over a year, we use a voice chat and have gotten to know one another well. Any good mmo game is much more fun when the players can socialize without typing their every thought. I'm a huge advocate of success being tied to communication as a team and use of voice chat. I do use vip and recharge a small $5-15/month. Due to life circumstances my game currency is minutes/hours/days/years of playtime. Not being mean, just saying this is the way the game is.
                        Kalydia - Level 80 - 1.98k br Archer - Kabam 57 WEST
                        Guild: Paradox
                        Eudaemon: Eddie - Lvl 8 Oracle Mage - 1.3k br
                        Syphs: 80 Herc - Flashpoint- 127k br
                        80 Triton - Undertow 93k br
                        80 Venus - Precision 113k br
                        80 Gaia - Judgenjury
                        80 Medusa - Backdraft

Comment

four days ago a team of lvl 36, 46, 46 and 47 in group arena had 15 fights with teams made entirely of lvl 70+ players so don't please don't tell me about unfair matching system when u compare purple sylph stars

Comment

Sylph doesnt mean anything if your Hero is pumped with good stats and great ressistance

i fought with some guy , he was wearing orange Hercules... his highest damage on me was like 10k
                            i killed him with single hit... that was in battleground lvl 80.
                            i gues his own BR was prety weak. :/
                            Alchemist

S-287
                            1M+BR Mage

Comment

you are one of the lucky ones Swinella and thank you, but also I hope you understand where I am coming from in the original post too, even when we get a team that is way below us in BR and slyphs we only consider it a token win and not a real win for there was no fair match up involved.
                              Absolutely. Most of our matches are slaughters instead of battles. We've met a couple of stronger teams that have been good fights this week. We lost several of those, but it's telling when we were more excited to have a great fight than a win.
                              IGN: Swinella
                              Class: Mage
                              lvl: 80
                              BR: 600k-ish+sylph+Useless kid
                              Server: Kabam s79
                              Completely free player. No VIP.

Comment

Working...
                              X