• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survive WB hit NOW

I think, now only knight class can survive the"big hit"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrVtAGUMCdY
    You have fun!

next maintenance, the WB ulti hit will be optimized again.

actually, any1 can survive it

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
    So just did the 10pm WB (EDT) with my Triton (115k BR) to test out it's usefulness as a pure damage doer...

My average "round" was in the 1.8 to 2.0 Mil Gold & Daru range. My Rotation by "Action Round":

1. Thunderer + Eudaemon Delphic Shield (to Start Speed Cast)
    2. Lightning Bolt + Chaos Rune (& Queue Thunderer)
    3. Thunderer + Ice Bolt
    4. Lightning Bolt + Rain of Fire
    5. Lightning Bolt + Awaken (& Queue Ice Shield)
    6. Ice Shield + Brutality (& Queue Ice Bolt) (Survive Big Hit)
    7. Ice Bolt + Archon Wave
    8. Deluge Strike
    9. Deluge Strike + Deluge Strike
    10. Deluge Strike + Chaos Rune (& Queue Ice Bolt)
    11. Ice Bolt + Deluge Strike
    12. Deluge Strike

I had a +10% MAtk Potion on. That's my standard WB Buff. With my 2nd Evo Hecate (140k BR) I do (on rough average) 700k - 750k Normal Rounds and 1.0 - 1.3 Mil Pet Rounds. This means with the Triton I'm actually doing the same range of damage, but cutting out the 30s delay in- between rounds every other time. I definitely had one of my better WB nights tonight. Thinking this might be my new norm if it stays consistent.

In Theory, a Knight who has Ice Shield, Deluge Strike, Ice Bolt and Archon Wave as skills on their Triton SHOULD be able to go AFK after the Awaken & Shield Survival and do the double-attack exploit getting Ice Bolt x2, Archon Wave x2, Deluge Strike x4, Ice Bolt x2 every time. Would the gaining back of a 30s delay and getting off 4x 300% & 2x 280% attacks balance (or surpass) two Hercules Delphics?

I'd love to see someone test it.
    Last edited by kevs926; 05-24-2015, 05:36 AM.
    Level 49 Archer
    BR 150k

Comment

Nice!

I would like to see more videos if possible.
      You have fun!

Comment

Using Triton for WB is 'cutting off your nose to spite your face'.

Comment

Originally posted by FufuBunnySlayer View Post
          Using Triton for WB is 'cutting off your nose to spite your face'.
          That expression makes no sense here. It's about causing injury to oneself while seeking vengeance or proving a point at one's own expense.

In this case, my Triton gets me MORE Gold & Daru in a WB than I make with my 140k Hecate. It's enabling me to keep pace with the 1.4 Mil BR Knights w/ Max Hercules - which I couldn't do before. Doing this I'm now getting 4 Attack Rounds of both Normal & Sylph sequences instead of alternating 3 Normal and 3 Sylph. So basically, I get 33% more attacks in at roughly the same damage done in each sequence.

Comment

That expression makes no sense here. It's about causing injury to oneself while seeking vengeance or proving a point at one's own expense.

In this case, my Triton gets me MORE Gold & Daru in a WB than I make with my 140k Hecate. It's enabling me to keep pace with the 1.4 Mil BR Knights w/ Max Hercules - which I couldn't do before. Doing this I'm now getting 4 Attack Rounds of both Normal & Sylph sequences instead of alternating 3 Normal and 3 Sylph. So basically, I get 33% more attacks in at roughly the same damage done in each sequence.
            if depend also of you triton ? mine is heal, mass heal, shield, Delphic and normal attack.
            not a lot attack possible
            RETIRED. Too much bugs, too time consuming, too few listening from Wartune
            Wartune : NonoBoulot : S181 : Archer

Comment

Proof it is possible for archers? And not just the mega cashers.

Comment

You're proving that you can survive the ulti once/round, yet you'll end up making less gold because triton is terrible at damage dealing. So I'd say my use of that expression is apt.

In this case, my Triton gets me MORE Gold & Daru in a WB than I make with my 140k Hecate.
                I accidentally left dark on once for wb; it did not perform well. Compare electro/fire and I doubt you'll still earn more with triton.
                Last edited by FufuBunnySlayer; 05-28-2015, 11:24 AM.

Comment

You're proving that you can survive the ulti once/round, yet you'll end up making less gold because triton is terrible at damage dealing. So I'd say my use of that expression is apt.

I accidentally left dark on once for wb; it did not perform well. Compare electro/fire and I doubt you'll still earn more with triton.
                  I have neither Electro nor Fire pets above 40k BR. When I have tried using them at that strength (and I have), I have gotten FAR less payout than I do with either Hecate or Triton. So again, I'm not doing anything at my own expense. Not everyone (especially Mage-Types) went Electro or Fire. Most went Dark primary, and a lot are also focusing on Athena (for Group / AoE use) as well as Medusa and Triton for the support and SE use.

Comment

Someone on my server just traded a 130k+ zeus for a 110k triton and does more at WB. So there you go. If you normally have 8-10 rounds in a WB, that's 4-5 minutes of revive time saved, which adds up to a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
                      Someone on my server just traded a 130k+ zeus for a 110k triton and does more at WB. So there you go. If you normally have 8-10 rounds in a WB, that's 4-5 minutes of revive time saved, which adds up to a lot.
                      That is an interesting point. Assuming the reliability of the information as well as the comparison with the wide variety of variables, I wonder if it's better with longer wbs or all wbs. I can't be assed to test myself (moreover I doubt I could; my triton has ice bolt, delphic, resto, bl, and shield). I afk wb if I'm there; however, my wbs last 6-12 minutes, with the median being around 10, I'd say. That's 5-6 rounds.

Re: Zorich

Forums are getting wonky so it won't let me quote you. My experience is the opposite. Most people I know went electro or fire to start and then picked up either light or dark, because dps is king in pve...and pve determines your prowess in pvp. Color me very surprised that you don't have a maxed out electro/fire. I personally went electro, dark, wind, and then water (almost maxed). Light will be next, but I will likely never use it. It only exists to fuse into the dark/light combo, if I'm even around when that gets implemented.
                      Last edited by FufuBunnySlayer; 05-29-2015, 05:18 PM.

Comment

That is an interesting point. Assuming the reliability of the information as well as the comparison with the wide variety of variables, I wonder if it's better with longer wbs or all wbs. I can't be assed to test myself (moreover I doubt I could; my triton has ice bolt, delphic, resto, bl, and shield). I afk wb if I'm there; however, my wbs last 6-12 minutes, with the median being around 10, I'd say. That's 5-6 rounds.
                        I found out I was a bit off on the strength estimate, forgot about gear swapping, so the triton is almost as strong as the zeus. But you're probably right that it will favor longer WB, since it's unreliable for your first round (i.e. you may not get shield off in time). With only 5-6 rounds, it could be a toss-up which would be better.

Comment

Re: Zorich

Forums are getting wonky so it won't let me quote you. My experience is the opposite. Most people I know went electro or fire to start and then picked up either light or dark, because dps is king in pve...and pve determines your prowess in pvp. Color me very surprised that you don't have a maxed out electro/fire. I personally went electro, dark, wind, and then water (almost maxed). Light will be next, but I will likely never use it. It only exists to fuse into the dark/light combo, if I'm even around when that gets implemented.
                          I focused Pan initially, then pulled an Apollo seal so worked on that in tandem. Then did some Cerberus intending that to be my PvE pet, but also pulled a Hades from like the 3rd free box I opened in the event that had it. I learned quickly that Devour Soul was a far better PvE tool in everything but WB.

As a Mage I really wanted the diversity of a PAtk pet - especially in those early CW times when it mattered most.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
                            I found out I was a bit off on the strength estimate, forgot about gear swapping, so the triton is almost as strong as the zeus. But you're probably right that it will favor longer WB, since it's unreliable for your first round (i.e. you may not get shield off in time). With only 5-6 rounds, it could be a toss-up which would be better.
                            First rounds are about timing and being lag-free. I can always get the shield up in time from a 0 Awakening Pt start now, because I have a quick-cast routine that stretches just enough time for me to always be able to do it. When I'm really going lag-free I can actually re-cast it at the tail-end and cycle into the sequence again - but that's really just for fun and not practicality.

Comment

Working...
                            X