• Show
Clear All

• AFK Mode for Catacombs Removed?

Click image for larger version

Name:	AFK SS.png
Views:	1
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	1733456

This game has a lot going for it.. so much to do!

Short inlay here: I am home-bound/disabled with sever back injury.. I can't stand for more than five minutes at a time without going into muscle spasms in the back and hip. I have to have physical therapy at least 3 times a week to keep my body from locking up. I can't lay down for more than four hours, without my back locking up.. so I get very little sleep. And on top of that, I can't sit for more than an hour before I need to get up and stretch. I stay on Wartune, even when I am not doing anything or am away from the computer. I don't download, I don't do other games.. you get the picture.

Catacombs' afk was the ultimate tool for me.. I can only make it to the lvl 90 boss, but in saying that.. anyone who can get even to just 70 is more than likely utilizing the AFK mode.
    When I set Catacombs to afk, I start from lvl 1 and let it go until I either take over, or die. I put two spells in my hotbar to ensure that I don't get further than lvl 60, which is where I have to start paying attention in order to get through the rest of what I can. When I do catacombs and I'm awake, I take that time to do my physical therapy the first time and to catch a nap the second. It takes about an hour to get through the first 50 levels.
    I'm sure for others, it's a great opportunity to get homework done, balance their checkbook.. anything that we can think of really. And for those of us who do it twice...

For my bf, he sets it up before he goes to work, so when he gets home, he has the time to do the important stuff the game requires in order to succeed. He gets maybe a good 3 hours playtime on his workdays. I'm sure there's others out there that has this same problem.

There's already a ton of stuff that requires our attention on the game.. and for someone like me, or anyone who has multiple things to do in life, it takes a good solid 8 hours to do it all. That includes event times. I already have to take out arena, because 2nd arena, battlegrounds and 3rd world boss are all together. 2.25 hours in the seat.. without pause.

So with so much activity for the game that already takes out a good chunk of our day, why is afk mode in catacombs being taken away?
    Last edited by Ambrozia; 11-15-2012, 06:15 AM. Reason: typo
    May the sun warm your soul, the moon light your eyes, the fog mystify your mind and the wind carry your spirit

I think you can BLITZ through the catacombs paying 1K gold per lvl.
    Mesh With The Best, Die Like The Rest.
    Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Server: S62
    Class: Archer

:cool::cool:

Comment

i was really excited about new update but until i read the last thread about change in game i was like hell no removed AFK mode for catacombs. i feel like i want to quit it is really a bad idea to remove afk mode for catacombs come one man!!

Comment

@ambrosia.......simple...they wan't us to suffer lol...well they are just following what updates on the original game is offerin. unless they are given rights to alter updates. yes it sux =(
        ....Black Rock Shooter where have you been....hopelessly...aimlessly....wandering to a vast future of uncertainty...

IGN: Teresaâ„¢ - of the faint smile -
        Class: arse kick'in damage suckin knighty!!
        server: 8 the promise land lol

Comment

Firstly, I'm sorry for your injuries, hope you get better soon.

Secondly, the afk mode in Catacombs is not entirely removed, it's just cost something now: Blitz for Catacombs - every level for blitz costs 1000 gold.

Hope this clear up your misunderstanding.
          The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

Originally posted by BestHunter View Post
            i was really excited about new update but until i read the last thread about change in game i was like hell no removed AFK mode for catacombs. i feel like i want to quit it is really a bad idea to remove afk mode for catacombs come one man!!
            +1 om tired to end the catacob afk mode really help alot!
            to much pride will kill u!!
            taste the blade of my sword!!

Comment

Originally posted by DeathRiver View Post

Secondly, the afk mode in Catacombs is not entirely removed, it's just cost something now: Blitz for Catacombs - every level for blitz costs 1000 gold.

i hope its can working like this
              we afk till floor 94 , then floor 95-100 make blitz mode , 5k gold only spend :P
              [S1] Temple Of Ibalize
              NasrulEyo
              Mage
              Havoc

"I'm Moving Forward Bcoz Of Friends , Ty For Supporting Me Friends & Havoc"
              U can submit a here
              My guide

Comment

there is no afk mode in catacombs with new update>_<

Comment

Originally posted by terayaki2 View Post
                  i hope its can working like this
                  we afk till floor 94 , then floor 95-100 make blitz mode , 5k gold only spend :P
                  there is no afk mode in catacombs with new update>_<

Comment

Originally posted by DeathRiver View Post

Aww.. thank you DeathRiver, but it's permanent, but if it helps, the injury was suffered by giving birth to my son.. so for me, it was well worth it he's an awesome kiddo.. 15yrs.

ANYwhom.. well, the whole point of the AFK system was once you got to the point where your attention wasn't needed until certain higher levels, it's just natural to have that AFK system.. you've proven yourself, time and again on the lower levels, it should be a reward to be able to do homework or whatever while doing the lower levels.. if the blitz system is put in where it's 1k gold for every level, why can't we just go ahead and buy the tokens and gems those levels offer, for 5k!! would save heartache -.- it's not like they're increasing our gold as well, are they?

And I do understand that they're just following in the footsteps of the original game, but who says the original is perfect?
                    bah so now, not only do I have to pay actual money to get through the second one.. but gold too if I want to actually keep up with real life AND get the gems & tokens...

Sorry.. not really flaming, just ranting.. still kinda upset that the gear so badly needed isn't being included in this update.. but we're getting double honor scrolls for 195 balens!! gotta count for something, right?
                    May the sun warm your soul, the moon light your eyes, the fog mystify your mind and the wind carry your spirit

Comment

Terrible, terrible "improvement" ... so it will only cost 50k - 100k gold to do in 1 second what previously you could do for free, even if it took an hour or two AFK. Aren't there enough money sinks in this game (Farm, Buildings, Astrals etc) without adding yet another one ?

Some of us play Wartune while doing other things as well ... to constantly have to stay on that game screen to run the catacombs shows a complete lack of understanding of how we play the game.

Big fail guys.
                      Daveyboog - "Voted Mage with Most Disappointing BR 2013 - But Crusader None The Less !!!"
                      NEPHILIM - S5 - Roaring Wetlands
                      Veni, vermini, vomui

Comment

why would u need afk when u can blitz offline??
                        ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Originally posted by onimad View Post
                          Because it will cost 100k to do 100 levels that previously you could do for free ? While the blitz might make sense for some players who will be busy with all the new "cash" features, at least leave the option for those of us who liked AFKing ?
                          Daveyboog - "Voted Mage with Most Disappointing BR 2013 - But Crusader None The Less !!!"
                          NEPHILIM - S5 - Roaring Wetlands
                          Veni, vermini, vomui

Comment

Originally posted by onimad View Post
                            Well, let's examine that a li'l closer.. for one, as Onimad said, it should be an option, you don't give someone something for 3+ months then take it away and say "now you have to pay gold"
                            for another, there's already going to be a blitz for solo dungeons.. which, to me, is awesome.. but with that, is more gold being spent.. so, with all that we already have to keep up with for gold.. guild bonus buffs, farm, astrals, other guild raises, town leveling, enchanting, gem conversion, gem upgrades, luck stones, altar (which you have to do if you want to finish your quests).. we get the picture? Why put in something that's going to take away a good chunk of gold that is already desperately needed?

Comment

Well, though I can whip out 2 million gold per day, I'll agree with you that this is a bad development.

Still, there are changes that can't be made without 7Road's agreement. So, in the mean time, we'll just have to bear with it, or just suck it up if 7Road answered:"NO!"
                              The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

Working...
                              X