Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We need a forget sylph skill option, this random stuff is nonsense.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need a forget sylph skill option, this random stuff is nonsense.

We need a way to forget sylph moves without hoping and praying it will remove the one we hope for. I'd gladly spend 500-1,000 bound/balens to remove a sylph skill.

I'd rather they let us keep all the skills we've learned and swap them out as needed (lock the skills when we enter the instance/bg, if they're worried that would be OP), even if it meant the cost of each skill went up a bit to compensate.

Of course the real answer is itll never change, because a few crazies/whales dumping thousands of balens or more into the skill slot machine suits their bottom line just fine.
    Crushing mice is good for the soul...

Comment

They would make more if they let people choose a slot, as more people would spend balens to buy skills.
      Plus people would not hate the game so much, so more would keep playing.

Comment

Originally posted by xrycek View Post
        I'd rather they let us keep all the skills we've learned and swap them out as needed (lock the skills when we enter the instance/bg, if they're worried that would be OP), even if it meant the cost of each skill went up a bit to compensate.

Of course the real answer is itll never change, because a few crazies/whales dumping thousands of balens or more into the skill slot machine suits their bottom line just fine.
        That would be ideal but who are we kidding? They are after $$$ first of all.
        OPs proposal is the ideal secondary solution that will make them $$$ and is actually fair to the players. This "Lose a random skill" stuff is just lame and not fair to those of us that can't spend a lot.
        Last edited by R227123782; 06-01-2015, 01:51 AM.

Comment

I would love to see this system changed but sadly, it will never change. Many players have complained about this since it came out, however long ago that was and still nothing has been done about it.

Comment

asked many time, but Wartune never listened to it
            RETIRED. Too much bugs, too time consuming, too few listening from Wartune
            Wartune : NonoBoulot : S181 : Archer

Comment

For every one person that avoids buying new skills due to gambling ten people buy 50 skills. Why would they change then

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
                For every one person that avoids buying new skills due to gambling ten people buy 50 skills. Why would they change then
                Interesting word that gambling, there does seem to be rather a lot of it in wartune.
                Some countries have gambling commissions that would take a dim view of how this company operates, something wartune might want to bear in mind (although
                I think they probably do, skating on the thin edge of the law by offering a way to get stuff free in time etc)

Comment

It is illegal according to European law. It has been brought up many times, and not only with WT. There are many MMO flash games that operate on the same principle, with some offering up to 3 types of chests (although with a far larger list of probably drops) every day, and up to 5 or 6 on "special" events.

Not one has been brought to court. It's the Internet.

Comment

In order for it to be gambling, you would have to receive money back.

Comment

There are a lot of things in this game, such as buying inventory space, sylph slots, refining, etc. that reach a level of greediness that is really just silly and insulting at the same time.

Out of all of these, forcing you to gamble on sylph skill replacement is the most obnoxious.

And that's saying a lot.
                      I am the Caveman.

s308 Fellspire

Comment

China is even worse, apparently.
                        They can synth Sylphs together and when you do your Sylph gets random skills, and it's like 2k+ balens (No bound) to get the skills you want back. No idea if it's random or not though. How crazy is that?

Originally posted by CavemanLawyer View Post
                        There are a lot of things in this game, such as buying inventory space, sylph slots, refining, etc. that reach a level of greediness that is really just silly and insulting at the same time.

Out of all of these, forcing you to gamble on sylph skill replacement is the most obnoxious.

And that's saying a lot.
                        Those are not that bad though. With CA and Dims it's doable in time, but sylph skills has this massive random element that just flat out makes it unfair. You can get stuck swapping the same skills in and out trying to replace one. Ridiculous.

Comment

It is nice that we can use bound balen for sylph skills, but the gambling aspect makes it highly unfair to the majority of players. You can get lucky and lose the skill you were hoping to lose or you could get trolled and lose the most expensive skills over and over 10 times in a row. I've had both extremes happen to me. I'm not one of those crazy cashers who can afford to throw hundreds of dollars into getting the perfect skill setup. Instead I stockpile bound balen for months until I have enough to deal with some epic trolling and try my luck until I get a layout that is good enough.

I like the idea of a sylph skillbook, just like we have player skillbook and eudaemon skillbook. It seems sylph is the only critter in the game where you have to gamble for your skill layout and then can't change per situation, but instead must guess, with deceptive and flat out fraudulent skill descriptions, what skill layout will serve you best in most situations where you plan to use the sylph.

Comment

Cause of the random skill thing, I'm really hesistant to skill up my sylphs completely - unless I'm 100% sure of what I want.

When I was 70 I had to buy RainDance and Ice Armor for my Iris, I dont use Ice Armor anymore and now I'm a little annoyed cause Triton's Ice Shield is really useful.
                            My Gaia I bought Death's Harvest, and I'm not even sure if that was the smart way to go. Gaia has three skills I want.
                            Herc is really the only sylph that has a clear path to the "best" skillset for almost any situation

I'm not about to get into the skill swap game, I'd rather save up BBs and buy Charms instead. At least then I'll eventually get something out of it instead of pissing them all into the wind.
                            Last edited by R227590034; 06-03-2015, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X