Wartune's Farmer's Blues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wartune's Farmer's Blues

The change in the farm system has caused many difficulties for players.

First and foremost is the sheer volume of work needed to tend to your friends farms. What used to take you minutes, can now consume most of your play time. The original farm system that was in place when I started playing had 9 plots per farm. The new farms have up to 18 plots in use.
    For a player such as myself, who is at maximum with 200 friends, this can mean up to 3600 plots to assist on. With up to 3, clicks, remove infestation, weed and harvest, to clear each plot, this could total 10,800 clicks to completely work your way through the friends list. I don't know about other players, but I have managed to tend to all my friends farms 2 or 3 times since the change.

And that is just for the crops. With the animals added in, it approaches ludicrous. An animal can take up to four clicks, medicate, comfort, harvest
    and feed; you are in a zero sum equation. A completely stocked farm with 16 animals can take up to 64 clicks to clear. With 200 friends, that is
    12,800 clicks.

And I almost forgot, energizing the trees. Which can add Another 200 clicks if you are maxed for friends.

We are looking at a total possible number of clicks of Twenty Three Thousand Eight Hundred. Which if we finish our entire friends list, consumes
    up to several hours.

You have changed the amount of effort involved, Without changing the rewards. Retaining the same number of rewards for tending your friends
    farms, has made it a useless endeavor. Limiting the number of times you can feed a friends animals has meant that I run out of feed attempts
    by the end of the second page. This leaves the rest of your friends animals swinging in the breeze. Maintaining the harvests at 200 means it is
    not worth your while continuing past the friend when you reach the harvest limit.

This is patently unfair to All parties involved. Something to correct this inequity must be done. Add to the number of feeding's allowed. Add to
    the rewards for tending your friend's animals. Increase the number of collections when harvesting. Make it easier to determine who is actually
    working on your farm. The current method for tracking who has done what is inadequate.

Consider modifying the program so that a "take care of all" button allows 1 click to do everything needed. Allow us to set up groups based on
    which friends are online all the time and tend to your farm; which friends are on occasionally and work your farm; those friends which are online infrequently but do tend your farm. This would make it easier to "cull" those friends which are not providing any assistance at all.

I agree a take care of all button would be good.

It takes too much time to revive crops, animals and energize trees. I used to go through my friends list 1 or 2 times a day to energize and revive crops but now that it takes 3 seconds to load each friends farm and longer to revive crops because you have to move around their farm I only energize and revive crops if I'm invited to a campfire or someone asks for a revive.

Comment

It used to be that harvesting REPLACES the weeding and worming functions. R2, being the complete Cupcakes that they are, changed it so that you have to do those IN ADDITION to harvesting. That immediately TRIPLED the number of clicks. And since they also DOUBLED the number of plots, you suddenly have SIX TIMES the number of clicks required.

And then you add in the click lag, which used to be non-existent and now can take up to 2 seconds per click, and you have a disaster on your hands, one that should have been spotted IMMEDIATELY on playtesting. But of course, R2 doesn't do play testing. They only do "did you file a ticket?"
      Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 06-03-2015, 03:31 AM.

Comment

this sums every AdaJames' post:

person A: the game is lagging.
        AdaJames: Damn R2.
        person B: my computer's broken.
        AdaJames: DAMN R2.
        Person C: my dog is dead.
        AdaJames: RAAAWWR DAMN R2.
        Originally posted by Wraithraiser
        Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

reminds me to some old people where they always blame Obama for everything lol.
          Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

I don't think we're intended to try to do everything for everyone on our friends list. They put caps on how much farm experience you can get, how much you can steal (stealing from "friends" seems like a lame thing to do, but then, if they're cool with it, then feel free), how much you can feed, etc. Those caps are there for a reason: to keep players from gaining too much for free and also to keep us from driving ourselves insane trying to get as much free stuff as possible from the game.

I agree that at the least, feed attempts should match steal attempts on animals. I'm one of those vindictive people who doesn't care if you steal from me, but if you don't feed the critters afterwards, I'll give you the boot (after proper warning and if it is repeated behavior).

I also hate the change that makes us have to click 3x to collect our crops. Weeding and catching bugs has such poor rewards that maxed players have no incentive to do it, so I usually have to do both and then harvest. It isn't a huge issue, but in a game where lag and time hogging increases with every patch, all these extra time thieves add up. I submitted a ticket to R2. The response is they want a video. As soon as I can get decent freeware that does not try to install malware and adware on my computer, I'll get right on that.

Comment

Originally posted by KS222 View Post
              I don't think we're intended to try to do everything for everyone on our friends list. They put caps on how much farm experience you can get, how much you can steal (stealing from "friends" seems like a lame thing to do, but then, if they're cool with it, then feel free), how much you can feed, etc. Those caps are there for a reason: to keep players from gaining too much for free and also to keep us from driving ourselves insane trying to get as much free stuff as possible from the game.

I agree that at the least, feed attempts should match steal attempts on animals. I'm one of those vindictive people who doesn't care if you steal from me, but if you don't feed the critters afterwards, I'll give you the boot (after proper warning and if it is repeated behavior).

I also hate the change that makes us have to click 3x to collect our crops. Weeding and catching bugs has such poor rewards that maxed players have no incentive to do it, so I usually have to do both and then harvest. It isn't a huge issue, but in a game where lag and time hogging increases with every patch, all these extra time thieves add up. I submitted a ticket to R2. The response is they want a video. As soon as I can get decent freeware that does not try to install malware and adware on my computer, I'll get right on that.
              Uh you can't steal from animals, you get like 1 milk or 8-9 from a cow an that's it? Big deal. When a friend collects your animals they go to your inventory if online or mail if offline, now if I'm asleep/at work/gone for hours an hours, maybe it's just me but I sure would hope someone on my "friend" list would click on the stupid animals to start the cd timer.

Comment

Another thing to add is the box that used to pop up to let you know your crops were ready for harvest would be nice to have back. There is nothing like seeing your crops being taken while you are doing some thing and all just because that lil box is no longer there. Still haven't figured out why that was taken out. I have seen it come up when the milk is ready to be harvested though. Funny...I do agree there needs to be more attempts for feeding of the animals than we have now. We can take a lot more than we can feed and the 2 should match up. Let's face it..that lil goat is going to kick u right where it counts if you keep milking it and not feeding it.

Comment

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
                  It used to be that harvesting REPLACES the weeding and worming functions. R2, being the complete Cupcakes that they are, changed it so that you have to do those IN ADDITION to harvesting. That immediately TRIPLED the number of clicks. And since they also DOUBLED the number of plots, you suddenly have SIX TIMES the number of clicks required.

And then you add in the click lag, which used to be non-existent and now can take up to 2 seconds per click, and you have a disaster on your hands, one that should have been spotted IMMEDIATELY on playtesting. But of course, R2 doesn't do play testing. They only do "did you file a ticket?"
                  Perfetctly summed up there, its just clicking.
                  if its to much for you then dont do it.

Comment

I for one would be really happy if they removed the weeding/exterminating/medicating/comforting steps from harvestable plants/animals. If I haven't refreshed recently, it can take 5 or 6 clicks to get the stupid things completely collected. I almost prefer waiting for crops to die and get revived than click over and over on each plot.

Comment

I'll hit everyone's tree and will revive farms if asked, but I have better things to do than click on everyone's farm. It's inconsequential and not worth my time.

It makes me sad that people feel like they have to play every facet of the game every day, sometimes multiple times per day. Real life is happening all around you. I know it's scary at first, but it gets better, and there are more pleasurable things to do there than, well, click on a pixelated cow's udders.
                      IGN: Swinella
                      Class: Mage
                      lvl: 80
                      BR: 600k-ish+sylph+Useless kid
                      Server: Kabam s79
                      Completely free player. No VIP.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
                        Uh you can't steal from animals, you get like 1 milk or 8-9 from a cow an that's it? Big deal. When a friend collects your animals they go to your inventory if online or mail if offline, now if I'm asleep/at work/gone for hours an hours, maybe it's just me but I sure would hope someone on my "friend" list would click on the stupid animals to start the cd timer.
                        Timer doesn't start if they don't feed them.

Comment

Originally posted by KS222 View Post
                          Timer doesn't start if they don't feed them.
                          The worse thing is that timer is reset each time they are fed, & at times it's glitched & resets all timers instead of just the starving one, making people lose hours on the well fed animals. Also, I noticed now bugs & weeds on crops seem to reduce the production rate by 10% (I didn't notice any harvest reduction before this new farm design). I created an alt with NO FRIENDS (except for me, because I needed to revive dead plants) just to test this. I didn't get the full harvest amount from bugged and/or weeded plants even though there's literally no one to steal from the farm & the farm log didn't show anyone stealing. It could be a temporary glitch, so I'll observe it for a few more days to see if that's a repeatable experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                            reminds me to some old people where they always blame Obama for everything lol.
                            And we can sum up Arlad's posts like this: "OMG! Someone bagging the people who pays me! Must. Retaliate and show my politics!"

Comment

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
                              And we can sum up Arlad's posts like this: "OMG! Someone bagging the people who pays me! Must. Retaliate and show my politics!"
                              you're not even trying.

Comment

Working...
                              X