Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Double gems only for critical build??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double gems only for critical build??

Hi guys...whats your thoughts about building EWD char now when we got double gems??
    They are very useful in some sections.. but if u want to start as EWD player not so great huh?
    Alchemist

S-287
    1M+BR Mage

I used to use EWD, but Im not really happy with it, since it pretty much destroys your WB and AB. I consider it good for campers up to lvl 40, as your crits wont be high anyways, and you dont have sylph.
    The main reason I switch to crit at 50 is because you just dish out ridiculous amount of damage with Hercules if you crit Delphic, pretty much guaranteed kill (ofc, after Shock Chain).
    As for mixed gems, I cant say anything because Im still using my lvl 7 gems (yeah, a guy with 110k br at lvl 80 w/o eudy is preaching me...) but I am around for 2 years in this game so I pretty much know the deal

However, the idea is nice since it allows you to focus your gems on certain stats (say, crit+atk and atk gem, if that works). The thing im not sure about is:
    Can you separate gems once theyre "fused"? As you cant do anything with them after theyre fused, cant evolve em.

Comment

You can recycle them back to normal gems in your blacksmith
      ING: Eukkie changed name to â€*Evilâ€*Witchâ€*, changed it back to Eukkie
      Server: S444 Silent Arena
      Char: Knight
      Lvl: 80
      Br: 6m and crowing.
      Main Sylph: Arise
      Guard: Oracle

Comment

As an ewd user, you can either treat the gems as 60% str atk gems, or go something like block+hp, pdef+hp, mdef+hp, plain atk gem...to stack up on the doubles you do get full benefit from

Comment

Originally posted by gruntar View Post
          As an ewd user, you can either treat the gems as 60% str atk gems, or go something like block+hp, pdef+hp, mdef+hp, plain atk gem...to stack up on the doubles you do get full benefit from
          Can you even do that? Thought it was limited to 2 of any type, so only 2 HP gems as a possibility. Or did we not get that aspect

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
            Can you even do that? Thought it was limited to 2 of any type, so only 2 HP gems as a possibility. Or did we not get that aspect
            just tested that, and it works.
            HP+pdef, HP+mdef, and HP+block all counted as different type. heck, even HP + (HP+block) + (HP+pdef) combination works too.
            now i understand why they limit the atk gems combinations to crit only. people could stack a very high atk points with it(imagine PATK + (Patk+crit) + (Patk+block) + (Patk+hp) combination)
            Last edited by Arlad; 06-05-2015, 08:59 AM.
            Originally posted by Wraithraiser
            Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
              just tested that, and it works.
              HP+pdef, HP+mdef, and HP+block all counted as different type. heck, even HP + (HP+block) + (HP+pdef) combination works too.
              now i understand why they limit the atk gems combinations to crit only. people could stack a very high atk points with it(imagine PATK + (Patk+crit) + (Patk+block) + (Patk+hp) combination)
              Yeah that makes sense lol, would've been easier to limit and add in other combos but I guess they don't think that far ahead

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
                Yeah that makes sense lol, would've been easier to limit and add in other combos but I guess they don't think that far ahead
                I think that if they were trying to limit something it would cause so many bugs and there would be a hell of an abuse, judging by how well theyve been doing so far.
                Either way, is it worth it to go mixed gems even if you have 1-2 slots open? Since Im saving rods for 80 set.

Comment

Originally posted by Aids4Life View Post
                  I think that if they were trying to limit something it would cause so many bugs and there would be a hell of an abuse, judging by how well theyve been doing so far.
                  Either way, is it worth it to go mixed gems even if you have 1-2 slots open? Since Im saving rods for 80 set.
                  I'm like 97% sure all they'd have to do is copy over from the chinese version lol, but I guess that's 2 complicated for dem.

It could help you for PvE stuff if you need more atk, even with limited slots can have patk/matk and patk/matk + crit. More gold in wb/higher levels of sky trail/whatever else.

Comment

Working...
                  X