Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

The time slot for Guild Wars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The time slot for Guild Wars

I think Five A M is a bit early for Guild Wars. Most people are either not up yet, going to school or going to work at that time.

This server is for East Coast North America, not East Coast on either side of the world where five AM here is actually around five PM there. It doesn't make any sense to make the guild war that early.

Guild Wars should be in the evening when most people get on after class/work, not in the morning.
    Wartune: Ukiah Sands
    Archer: Laliat
    Guild: Darkness

+105 to this one

Comment

I'm bumping this because we are very much not impressed with the Guild War time slot.

None in my guild will be able to participate in GW and I'm certain not many in others will be able to either. I'd say after the day's first Group Arena and before the second Group Arena is a good time to have GW.

Comment

check the time zone thread to your server. you'll probably find you chose to not play within your own. when playing on servers all across the world.. you can't please everyone.. and this is why they base the events to the time zone in which the server is called.. now, i may be wrong... but.. wouldn't it be reasonable for someone to say.. play these games on servers closer to thier own? you can't please everyone.. they fix it for u.. and then the people in that time zone who chose it for that reason are out of luck..

Comment

S23 is East Coast North America, and the time for Guild Wars is FIVE (5) A. M in that time zone. That's what it says in our guild's GW window as seen in this screenshot.

So no, the event is NOT based on East Coast time zone. It's set to happen at five a m East Coast time.

Most of this server's regular players are on in the evening.

Comment

okay. i'm wrong. but at 5am not many are working or in school yet :P eh. as said before though.. can't please everyone can they.

Comment

Wifalot, wrong like most trolls. At 5 AM 95% of the population on the east coast is sleeping and the 5% that are up are not playing Wartune. I't's s really stupid time to have it for an East Coast Server.

Comment

+1 and BG needs to go back to original time cause just now we got used to the daylight saving time and now we must switch again is kinda unfair

also i think guild wars should be placed in place of group arena and group arena should be after 3rd WB that way it would balance things out (in a way)
                Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
                [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Comment

Originally posted by R24365771 View Post
                  Wifalot, wrong like most trolls. At 5 AM 95% of the population on the east coast is sleeping and the 5% that are up are not playing Wartune. I't's s really stupid time to have it for an East Coast Server.
                  To say 95% are still sleeping is a gross exaggeration. A lot are actually getting up for work or getting ready to get to class, and by class I'm not referring exclusively to highschool.

Originally posted by Hyorinmaru6 View Post
                  +1 and BG needs to go back to original time cause just now we got used to the daylight saving time and now we must switch again is kinda unfair

also i think guild wars should be placed in place of group arena and group arena should be after 3rd WB that way it would balance things out (in a way)
                  Agreed. They should rethink the time slots for the events. Seems like the 5 am GW is more for those on the other side of the world where 5 am East Coast N.A. is approximately later afternoon/evening. Sure, people on the other side of the world will be able to comfortably be on for Guild War/Battle at that hour, but this isn't a server for that time zone. This is a North American East Coast server, and the time zone is set for that general area.

I think BG is later because they've added an hour to each Group Arena so that everyone can get in their 30/30. Though I think since we can only do 30 attempts per day rather than per Group Arena, an hour per Group Arena is still plenty of time. If they can't get in their 30 attempts on the first GA, there's always the second. This would return the events to their original time slots and perhaps make it possible for Guild Wars to take up a spot somewhere between.

Comment

Originally posted by Laliat View Post
                    To say 95% are still sleeping is a gross exaggeration. A lot are actually getting up for work or getting ready to get to class, and by class I'm not referring exclusively to highschool.

Agreed. They should rethink the time slots for the events. Seems like the 5 am GW is more for those on the other side of the world where 5 am East Coast N.A. is approximately later afternoon/evening. Sure, people on the other side of the world will be able to comfortably be on for Guild War/Battle at that hour, but this isn't a server for that time zone. This is a North American East Coast server, and the time zone is set for that general area.

I think BG is later because they've added an hour to each Group Arena so that everyone can get in their 30/30. Though I think since we can only do 30 attempts per day rather than per Group Arena, an hour per Group Arena is still plenty of time. If they can't get in their 30 attempts on the first GA, there's always the second. This would return the events to their original time slots and perhaps make it possible for Guild Wars to take up a spot somewhere between.
                    i think if BG gets back by 1 hour and redoga drake next and GA next people will spend some time for GA

like usually after WB people either do MPD or go plunder the guy who got last hit (if they can)
                    but if the GA comes after WB then it will really make a twist so in a way saving the person who got the last hit pfrom gettingounded by the super power players (well its a chance and its not 100% freedom since some might finish their 30 turns)
                    also it giving people some time to do a little PVP that will increase their insignia rate and then do MPD

get my point
                    BG go back to the first time 20:00 PM to 21:00 PM
                    Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
                    [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Comment

Are you guys trolling or do you actually believe that the guild battles are at 5 am? You only get matched up against another top 16 guild at that time, you don't have to do a thing. The actual guild battles wont start until 20 00 on Monday. Come on people, common sense here. Why do you think theres a gaping hole at that time slot in the daily events?

Comment

at 5 AM its only reset batlleguild = in saturday at that time its select the 16 guilds who can partecipate in base at ranking strenght at that time and after guildbattle will be at 20.00^^

Comment

Originally posted by R24923603 View Post
                          Are you guys trolling or do you actually believe that the guild battles are at 5 am? You only get matched up against another top 16 guild at that time, you don't have to do a thing. The actual guild battles wont start until 20 00 on Monday. Come on people, common sense here. Why do you think theres a gaping hole at that time slot in the daily events?
                          Calm down. If that's the case then it's just a misunderstanding of their phrasing in the guild battle window. I've played games where their events were at ridiculously odd times like 3 am.

Comment

Working...
                          X