question about the dimensions takeovers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about the dimensions takeovers

hi guys, I just opened a intermediate fire dimension and befor I could close my bag someone had plundered it and cleared two levels in less than a sec. so I go and kill all the towers of that other player and when iam done only levels left of MY dimension is level 7 thru 10 *** was up less than a sec and I lose all my levels ? so what I get stuck with what he has already completed in his dimension ? why when it's mine atleast give me back the levels he didn't complete. why would you switch our dimensions ?
    Mage: level 80
    Battle rating:guess
    Server 26 Europe Kabam merged with servers 16, 49

" My software never has bugs. It just develops random features."

-R2games

If you open a dimension and levels are already done, you are the invader. As for levels and such leftover after one person gets kicked out, I have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by FufuBunnySlayer View Post
      If you open a dimension and levels are already done, you are the invader. As for levels and such leftover after one person gets kicked out, I have no idea.
      They revert to NPCs, so you have to go to every single level and kill every single tower again.

Comment

Originally posted by FufuBunnySlayer View Post
        how am I an invader in my own dimension I opened it as in it was from my inventory than 2 sec later I get a message saying someone is plundering my dimension. wasn't till after I took back the towers he stole I noticed my brand new dimension only had three levels left that wasn't already done.

-R2games

Comment

Originally posted by michael509 View Post
          how am I an invader in my own dimension I opened it as in it was from my inventory than 2 sec later I get a message saying someone is plundering my dimension. wasn't till after I took back the towers he stole I noticed my brand new dimension only had three levels left that wasn't already done.
          Welcome to Dimension PvP. You opened and went into someone else's dimension.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
            They revert to NPCs, so you have to go to every single level and kill every single tower again.
            yes I did that than after I was done my brand new dimension only had 3 level to complete the rest had already been finished

-R2games

Comment

Seems there is a bit of confusion about what indeed happened. Please let me try to explain:

From what I can tell has happened:

- You opened a 'new intermediate dimension' which placed you in someone else's dimension (this is completely random)
              - The person had a notification, and entered to defend their dimension
              - You went in and took the other person out so they don't attack you anymore
              (then possibly)
              - Someone else also opens a 'new intermediate dimension' and gets landed in the same dimension you were placed
              OR
              - Someone else opens a 'new dimension' and gets placed in one of your others

The last point made was a bit unclear, however they are all part of Dimension PVP introduced with patch 4.0

If you would like to read through other players opinions, and perhaps add your own, feel free to look at this thread.
              Retired Moderator.

Comment

well the intermediate dimensions have ten levels after I took back the levels he stole out of those ten levels I only had lvs 8 thru 10 that were not touched rest had been completely plundered.

-R2games

Comment

you arent very bright, are you?
                  from your explanation in the first post, the one who steal the dimension is you, not the other guy.
                  Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                  Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                    you arent very bright, are you?
                    from your explanation in the first post, the one who steal the dimension is you, not the other guy.
                    well if R2 would of said your invading someone else dim. i might have know but instead they said i was being invaded so kinda gives mix signals. not to hard to understand why i or any one else would think that :/

-R2games

Comment

well if R2 would of said your invading someone else dim. i might have know but instead they said i was being invaded so kinda gives mix signals. not to hard to understand why i or any one else would think that :/
                      coomon sense yet again wpuld have solved your issue. hmm its been 2 mins and somehow they have manged to clear 8 levels thats entirely possible

Comment

8 levels in 2 mins, i took longer than that to get the whole 2 levels done lmao

Comment

If you've never seen it before, it can be a bit confusing. When you open a dimension, there is a random chance of ending up in someone else's dimension. All it tells you is there are invaders in your dimension; it doesn't tell you you're the trespasser. Common sense would indicate that if you just opened it and its mostly completed, that you're the intruder. I may be able to do intermediate dimensions fast, but even I can't do 7-8 levels in 2 minutes.

The good news is when you open a dimension that belongs to someone else, you get a new one of the same quality and element in your mail. I don't know if the invaded person gets a replacement also or not. I'm strong enough to steal a dimension if I wanted to, but since I already got my comp in the mail, I just delete the coords and open the replacement. Some elements/qualities are very popular; I opened an expert dark 5 times before finally having it all to myself. Its a good thing they added compensation; I wouldn't be willing to give up an expert dimension if they didn't give me a new one (they just don't drop often enough; 100 dimension chests and I'm lucky to get 4 advanced...).

Comment

Originally posted by Castway136 View Post
                            coomon sense yet again wpuld have solved your issue. hmm its been 2 mins and somehow they have manged to clear 8 levels thats entirely possible
                            That's nothing; I opened an expert dark dimension and some invader managed to do 24 floors in 30 seconds! Whether you are invader or invaded, the game always tells you that you have invaders in your dimension. For those who've never seen it before, it can be quite confusing. Common sense does apply though. If its already partly explored the instant you open the dimension, you're the intruder.

Comment

Originally posted by KS222 View Post
                              If you've never seen it before, it can be a bit confusing. When you open a dimension, there is a random chance of ending up in someone else's dimension. All it tells you is there are invaders in your dimension; it doesn't tell you you're the trespasser. Common sense would indicate that if you just opened it and its mostly completed, that you're the intruder. I may be able to do intermediate dimensions fast, but even I can't do 7-8 levels in 2 minutes.

The good news is when you open a dimension that belongs to someone else, you get a new one of the same quality and element in your mail. I don't know if the invaded person gets a replacement also or not. I'm strong enough to steal a dimension if I wanted to, but since I already got my comp in the mail, I just delete the coords and open the replacement. Some elements/qualities are very popular; I opened an expert dark 5 times before finally having it all to myself. Its a good thing they added compensation; I wouldn't be willing to give up an expert dimension if they didn't give me a new one (they just don't drop often enough; 100 dimension chests and I'm lucky to get 4 advanced...).
                              it's good to know the comp. is exactly same coord. maybe it's time to enforce the retreat rule (invader always leave & kicking someone from a dimension is punishable). but my server hardly has any players on any more so now i can't even find someone who opens same coord as me. guess we'd need the cross server mpd very soon or we get stuck with nobody qualifies for the tougher mpds T_T

Comment

Working...
                              X