Announcement

Collapse

R2 LOGIN ISSUES

For recent R2 login issues, please log in through the website starting with "https": https://www.r2games.com. In addition, the bookmark of the saved URL may still contain the word "http", please change it to "https". If this does not work for you, please clear the cache and cookies to complete the most recent update, or try again with another browser. Thank you.
See more
See less

Please, remove the atoll boss

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Please, remove the atoll boss

    Atoll boss is the most annoying part of the game for me. No, I am not joining a team to fight it, and I wouldn't care about it or even notice it. Because it takes a hell lot of time and awards are meager, also only 1 max 2 teams if any go to atoll on our almost dead server, so even the last hit thrill is lacking.

    But I really hate atoll boss - for appearing all of a sudden and mainly for the lag. I can feel it is coming by an abrupt slowdown in game like 3-4 minutes before the first announcement appears. When I am in the battleground, Demon Invasion, ToK, Spire or any other fighting activity, gameplay turns to slide show watching, each move taking 3-4 seconds to occur. If by bad chance I am entering somewhere - farm, or town, or Cloud City - I just get frozen between the two and can sit and watch the icon with the dragon for many hours unless I reolad game.

    Lag lasts all the time the atoll boss is on, and it stays really long, because almost nobody on server is interested in fighting it. So recently, I just go out of game during atoll boss. It is useless and senseless to try to do whatever in game but blitz while it is on. And if not removed from game soon, atoll boss may become the decisive reason for me to quit Wartune.

    I believe that I am not the only Atoll Boss Hater in Wartune. I believe also that it is not only me dreaming about it removed. I am just sharing here my fret, hoping some admin ot other authority would react.

    Mage Ignis @ S8

  • #2
    So you want to quit for an event that is easy to ignore?

    You make no sense to me at all.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by R23593157 View Post
      Atoll boss is the most annoying part of the game for me. No, I am not joining a team to fight it, and I wouldn't care about it or even notice it. Because it takes a hell lot of time and awards are meager, also only 1 max 2 teams if any go to atoll on our almost dead server, so even the last hit thrill is lacking.

      But I really hate atoll boss - for appearing all of a sudden and mainly for the lag. I can feel it is coming by an abrupt slowdown in game like 3-4 minutes before the first announcement appears. When I am in the battleground, Demon Invasion, ToK, Spire or any other fighting activity, gameplay turns to slide show watching, each move taking 3-4 seconds to occur. If by bad chance I am entering somewhere - farm, or town, or Cloud City - I just get frozen between the two and can sit and watch the icon with the dragon for many hours unless I reolad game.

      Lag lasts all the time the atoll boss is on, and it stays really long, because almost nobody on server is interested in fighting it. So recently, I just go out of game during atoll boss. It is useless and senseless to try to do whatever in game but blitz while it is on. And if not removed from game soon, atoll boss may become the decisive reason for me to quit Wartune.

      I believe that I am not the only Atoll Boss Hater in Wartune. I believe also that it is not only me dreaming about it removed. I am just sharing here my fret, hoping some admin ot other authority would react.

      Mage Ignis @ S8
      The only thing that i can personally agree with you is the rewards - other than that - What is the issue - if you get lag when you dont even do AB, then summit is wrong sumwhere with whateva u play this game on, considering that u aint even taking part.

      At most there is only 4 AB per day, sumtimes 3 (depending on how long they take to kill) - no 1 is forcing you to do this, just ignore it - if you cant just hide the icon (u aint playing 24 hours a day)

      As for other Mpd's you do while while AB appears there is definitely an issue you have, as there is more is more going on in them than AB/Atol - so all in all, if you wanna quit just do it, no need to announce that fact

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by pietjeprecies View Post
        So you want to quit for an event that is easy to ignore?

        You make no sense to me at all.
        Ignoring the atoll boss does not remove the lag. Atoll bosses appearing chaotically keep me out of game for 6-8 hours daily. And work on my nerves if I stay in game with the lag. That is what is forcing me to quit Wartune.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by R23593157 View Post
          Ignoring the atoll boss does not remove the lag. Atoll bosses appearing chaotically keep me out of game for 6-8 hours daily. And work on my nerves if I stay in game with the lag. That is what is forcing me to quit Wartune.
          I fail to see how a boss no one is attacking causes you lag.

          Comment


          • #6
            "I fail to see how a boss no one is attacking causes you lag."

            As I pointed out in my initial post, lag appears even before the first announcement about the atoll boss coming. Not just lag, it is a jerk down in speed of whatever is going on in game at the moment.

            Not being a proffessional programmer or game developer, I for myself can imagine how this lag is generated. It is maybe unsufficient resources of the server, not enough band width for example, or some machine problems, or some other issue.

            And believe me, I am not the only one 'feeling' the atoll boss lag on our server.

            So, if this event is quite useless with nobody caring about it, why not removing it - and by that, saving server resources and players' nerves?

            Comment


            • #7
              Ignore the boss. The lag is your problem. I have no lag caused from atoll boss. The only possible lag you might get caused by boss spawning would be in the actual atoll level of it spawning. And even then you would get less lag than the usual level filled with sylphs. So your point is moot. Your lag is from something else
              Mage lvl 64
              BR 84k
              Server R2-590

              Comment


              • #8
                Please don't remove this boss. I kill it at least once a day for the free soul seals and mystery runestones.

                Some people need this stuff, just because OP doesn't like it doesn't mean it's an invalid event.
                Name: Phoenixia
                Server: R2 S-319
                Class: Mage
                BR: 911k
                Last CW Ranking: Didn't participate
                Cupcakes? R2 can keep them, I want rumcakes.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I have noticed that things that pop up a reminder in the lower right of the screen do seem to cause extra lag for me some of the time. So maybe that's what the OP is seeing with the atoll boss slowing things down. I can't imagine what else would actually impact anyone not even in the atoll itself. Not playing during atoll boss would be completely impractical on my server, so I hope it never gets that bad for me.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Speak for yourself. If no one does it on your server, that doesn't mean it should be removed from all servers. I know it's not as active as used to, but my server still gets a good 2-5 teams participating in it.

                    Also, it starts lagging even before the first announcement? Are you sure AB is the cause? That's like saying I start lagging before battleground icon even pops up.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by R23593157 View Post
                      Atoll boss is the most annoying part of the game for me. No, I am not joining a team to fight it, and I wouldn't care about it or even notice it. Because it takes a hell lot of time and awards are meager, also only 1 max 2 teams if any go to atoll on our almost dead server, so even the last hit thrill is lacking.
                      I hate this event as well...MANY, ok, MOST people on my server hate it and avoid it. Only reason to join in on it is for those that don't have the mount yet. Otherwise, it's the same few people that always get the #1 reward, so no one cares to do it. I ignore it, it's one of the worst events in the game.

                      Instead of completely removing it, maybe we should be asking for better rewards for more teams instead of the minuscule junk it gives for the enormous amount of time we put into it. We "pay" for this game, (sending the gm's a large paycheck), in turn the GM's should fix their creation for us to want to keep playing it....and the cycle continues.

                      But I fully agree that this event should be shaped up or shipped out. Give us something we actually look forward to doing each day and that is worth putting effort into, please.
                      ~Weak people revenge, Strong people forgive, Intelligent people ignore~

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I like events, designed so bad, that i dont feel the need to do at all, frees so much time. Altar, guild tree, circuit quests, spire, atoll boss, bounty quests and more....
                        THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by UesugiAnkit View Post
                          Speak for yourself. If no one does it on your server, that doesn't mean it should be removed from all servers. I know it's not as active as used to, but my server still gets a good 2-5 teams participating in it.

                          Also, it starts lagging even before the first announcement? Are you sure AB is the cause? That's like saying I start lagging before battleground icon even pops up.
                          LMAO.. 2-5 Teams? the rewards are only decent for the 1st place team, and some of these AB Turds have 320million health.. noone, even the stronger players are willing to sacrifice the time to kill such an aberration, for such a pittance of reward... that is why the event is usually a non-starter, on the MAJORITY of servers.. if you have that many stupid players, i guess congrats on that... no such cluster of mental deficients exist on any of the 5 servers i play.....

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by WhoSeis View Post
                            LMAO.. 2-5 Teams? the rewards are only decent for the 1st place team, and some of these AB Turds have 320million health.. noone, even the stronger players are willing to sacrifice the time to kill such an aberration, for such a pittance of reward... that is why the event is usually a non-starter, on the MAJORITY of servers.. if you have that many stupid players, i guess congrats on that... no such cluster of mental deficients exist on any of the 5 servers i play.....
                            If you're weak, maybe. 320mil HP for my team is 15-20 mins for 10mil gold when no one else is around. Beats a crowded WB any day.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
                              If you're weak, maybe. 320mil HP for my team is 15-20 mins for 10mil gold when no one else is around. Beats a crowded WB any day.
                              Trust in this dork-raiser... you are the exception, not the rule... and most likely paid your way to end-game... way to buy the challenge...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X