subliminal messages in-game?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• subliminal messages in-game?

I haven't seen anyone else ask this so I was curious if any knew of any possible hidden images or text masked in any of the backgrounds. there are obvious reasons for doing this, but then again only the devs might be the only ones who'd know and/or confirm it.

Yes .

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post

Yes .
      dang, i was about to post something about r2 telling us to give all of our money, but your post is much better.
      Originally posted by Wraithraiser
      Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	0MApZOw_700wa_0.gif
Views:	1
Size:	439.7 KB
ID:	1714164
        ooo naww, you didn't. you gotta be trollin' me o_O

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
          dang, i was about to post something about r2 telling us to give all of our money, but your post is much better.
          Couldn't resist, hehe. Seemed like the obvious reaction to the topic

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy(2).gif
Views:	1
Size:	494.1 KB
ID:	1714179

had to imput my pic lol
            Last edited by Xharry005x; 06-14-2015, 08:19 AM.

Comment

redirect to corporate public relations?

was hoping a mod could tell me where I could find out any more information on the possibility of subliminals integrated into any of R2s playable titles. I know a lot of companies here have public/media relations departments, but for overseas business practices I have no idea.
              Last edited by blasp; 08-31-2015, 01:03 PM. Reason: worded wrong

Comment

Originally posted by blasp View Post
                was hoping a mod could tell me where I could find out any more information on the possibility of subliminals integrated into any of R2s playable titles.
                I do not believe there are any.
                "The trolls of the Ramtops call her Aaoograha hoa ("She Who Must Be Avoided")
                and the dwarf name for her, K'ez'rek d'b'duz, translates to "Go Around the Other Side of the Mountain."

On holiday. Please refer any issues to

Comment

Subliminals? Oh totally, they're everywhere in game, but the company will never admit to it. Also, if you play the music/sound effects backwards, you can clearly hear the phrases "mortgage your house", "sell your kidney", and "give us your firstborn".

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
                    Subliminals? Oh totally, they're everywhere in game, but the company will never admit to it. Also, if you play the music/sound effects backwards, you can clearly hear the phrases "mortgage your house", "sell your kidney", and "give us your firstborn".
                    In addition, the Barracks (as in Obama) have a $ symbol on the left flag and a tragedy face mask on the right flag. An easter egg for sure.
                    Kalydia - Level 80 - 1.98k br Archer - Kabam 57 WEST
                    Guild: Paradox
                    Eudaemon: Eddie - Lvl 8 Oracle Mage - 1.3k br
                    Syphs: 80 Herc - Flashpoint- 127k br
                    80 Triton - Undertow 93k br
                    80 Venus - Precision 113k br
                    80 Gaia - Judgenjury
                    80 Medusa - Backdraft

Comment

Subliminal messages are not effective in changing your mind. That was studied as a potential advertising gimmick in the 1950s, and given up on a few years later (for having no results). Anyways, that ignores the psychological hook the game is based on - luck/gambling. The game creates an environment in which you become acclimated to luck and random chance as part of your progress (flipping cards, spinning wheels, etc.), then they can sell you more chances (or better odds), instead of just having direct item sales.

Comment

Actually those studies was a bit inconclusive but did show that while you can't change someones mind altogether you can influence the choices people make. Lets say you're thirsty or in a setting where drinking is the norm e.g. a movie theater then its possible to make you more likely to choose a certain brand of soft drink over another. And the main reason the studies of subliminal messages was given up at first was more because of a bad public perception than for lack of results, but the studies wasn't given up entirely they merely evolved as it was also found that visual subliminal messages was not as effective as using smells. This is still studied and used more and more by the retail industry today, I took part in a study a few years back when I went to the university in how smells could trigger memories/emotions and that way influence consumer choices.
                        But you're absolutely right in your description of the mechanisms use in the game these are more related to the way true gambling works with the whole anticipation vs reward and feeling of accomplishing a goal and giving a endorphin rush when you hit the jackpot, but that's a entirely different discussion.

Comment

what about all the big boobs everywhere in the game ? subliminal much lol

on the other hand, they are using a lot of very fishy marketing tactics. And it seems to work if you look at how ridiculously much some people spend on this buggy / laggy flash game.
                          Last edited by MsKink; 08-31-2015, 08:20 PM.

Comment

They are using a lot of copyrighted stuff.

Some examples:
                            1. The ad for the mobile version of the game, where they have a guy carrying a girl. The guy is Jecht from Final Fantasy 10. Red headband, tattoo, everything.
                            2. When you complete a solo dungeon, the music you hear playing is the first few bars of the theme song from the movie Exodus.

There are major lawsuits available for people if they wish to take it up. Of course, R2 would hide behind the shield of "This is China. Copyright? What's that?" But those people who work for them from other places, which includes the forum mods, well, there are ethics questions to be asked.

Comment

Working...
                            X