End BR tanking before registration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End BR tanking before registration

Guilds are tanking their br before registration to get better draws. The way to fix it is simple; only current guild members are eligible to participate and to receive rewards when registration occurs. When a top guild drops 30m exp, it's bordering on cheating, isn't it? Or maybe my guild should have tanked too. Still, they need to close this loophole fast. Or bring on the guild tanking!

Originally posted by Loverboy6545 View Post
    Guilds are tanking their br before registration to get better draws. The way to fix it is simple; only current guild members are eligible to participate and to receive rewards when registration occurs. When a top guild drops 30m exp, it's bordering on cheating, isn't it? Or maybe my guild should have tanked too. Still, they need to close this loophole fast. Or bring on the guild tanking!
    What most guilds do is to have their members undress before registration, so what you sugest won't work.

JBird
    Boas Tetas, S60 Leaves Fort
    Mage lvl.80 ~8M BR, 5xCW Sorceror EU zone
    One Swallow doensn't make a summer but a Bird crafts a victory

Comment

Originally posted by JBirdie View Post
      What most guilds do is to have their members undress before registration, so what you sugest won't work.
      Thanks for this suggestion. Now I know how to have my guild cheat that before the next CSGB.

Comment

One of the guilds on my server had to fight a guild that obviously stripped before registration. They raged about it on the forums, probably some submitted tickets to R2. End result? Much noise, no change. BR manipulation happened last CSGB too, it was just less common since not as many had figured it out.

The general consensus I've seen from other discussions on the matter is this:

1) Playing fair and having to fight a guild that obviously manipulated their BR for easier fights sucks.

2) Most of the guilds that are cheating this way are doing so because the system is broken: they are getting what should be finals round fights in round 1 of prelims

3) Guilds feel this broken system is cheating them out of the rewards they deserve, so they in turn cheat the system

4) Blocking one exploit when its the whole system that is broken won't fix the problem; it'll just change who gets screwed by it.

Comment

Issue is, whether or not it's cheating doesn't matter. The average wartune player think it's ok to do whatever it takes, and if you don't agree with it, they will just call you stupid, cause having morals is the same as stupidity in wartune.

If this was basicly any other game, I would most likly call it cheating, but this is wartune, where botting, exploiting glitch, exploiting the system is just a everyday thing, it's just part of the "strategy".

So yet again I will say this, if you feel it's cheating, don't use it,. Even if most other does, atleast you can hold your head high. Everyone will have different views on stuff, but most important is your own, and that you can hold your head high if you find yourself above it.

Comment

A properly seeded tournament would match weaker guilds against stronger ones in the preliminaries. It's only because of the badly broken matching that weaker guilds would even expect to face guilds near their own strength before the finals. So I don't really see a problem with players doing whatever they can to make the game not suck.

You may call it cheating, I call it a workaround to a bug.

Comment

Originally posted by JkLoser87 View Post
              If this was basicly any other game, I would most likly call it cheating, but this is wartune, where botting, exploiting glitch, exploiting the system is just a everyday thing, it's just part of the "strategy".
              Nah, that happen in every game, the difference is that wartune is full of bugs that people can exploit and some of the major event have a broken system that force people to find workaround to have a chance to get what they deserve. For instance, top 8 br should never meet in preliminar of csgb, it's the dumbest thing ever seen. And i'm one of those guild that didn't lowered br and got sent into top 8 due to that.

Comment

Sounds great, be sure to do it as soon as you fix the prelim matching.

Comment

Originally posted by Astroglide View Post
                  Thanks for this suggestion. Now I know how to have my guild cheat that before the next CSGB.
                  It only took you 2 whole csgb events and 3rd one starting now to realise simple things with help from the forum. With this pace youll learn the basics of Wartune right before you get your 5th red bar. Keep trying, ill help!
                  THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

But cause ur guild will have low br, it wont cualify for diamond or maybe even gold group, even if u win all 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubi0s View Post
                      But cause ur guild will have low br, it wont cualify for diamond or maybe even gold group, even if u win all 4.
                      thats why u watch guild br's fora week leading up to it and work out how low to drop ur guild br to get into the right spot

Comment

If anyone even can miss out on diamond with 4 wins, I'm surprised. Considering that's only possible if there are more than 128 teams competing, and with the subdivisions of server groups, ours is barely more than half that.

There are still enough teams that losing one match is a serious handicap, though, so cutting BR is nearly as important as before.

Comment

Very unlikely to miss gold. Last CSGB season there were too many participating guilds so had 2 with 4-0 prelim records miss on diamond, I think. You'd need 256+ guilds participating to miss gold, and that just ain't gonna happen. However, 4-0 will place higher than 3-1, so the point is moot.

Comment

Originally posted by JkLoser87 View Post
                            Issue is, whether or not it's cheating doesn't matter. The average wartune player think it's ok to do whatever it takes, and if you don't agree with it, they will just call you stupid, cause having morals is the same as stupidity in wartune.

So yet again I will say this, if you feel it's cheating, don't use it,. Even if most other does, atleast you can hold your head high. Everyone will have different views on stuff, but most important is your own, and that you can hold your head high if you find yourself above it.
                            That's because R2's enforcement of the rules is a joke. About the only time you'll see them take action is when it is something that causes them to lose money. Many game mechanics, like being able to sacrifice only 10 sylphs a day, limit the gain you can get from many forms of bug exploitation.

In this particular instance, there is no stated rule saying guilds can't manipulate their BRs. With the tournament being set up in such a boneheaded manner, its no surprise those getting screwed by it decide to cheat to get what they deserve. It sucks for those stuck fighting people who have manipulated their BR this way. The tournament is a sort of zero sum game; when one guild games the system for better rewards, it takes those rewards away from a guild that would otherwise have earned it. Which guild is more deserving of those rewards is hard to say. Most systems in Wartune shower the most rewards on the strong. This particular broken matching is doing the opposite; its punishing some of the strong and giving far more reward to some lucky smaller guilds. Is it any surprise the strong ones getting screwed are gaming the system to get what they see as their due?

The matching would probably be much better if they based it off of CW preliminaries matching, but eliminated fighting the same guild over and over (fighting same player 2+ times in class wars is quite common). The first round would be totally random and subsequent rounds would random match vs guild with same number of wins.

There is probably no completely fair matching system, but that setup would at least make it less bad than the current system and more likely to give more rewards to the stronger guilds.

Comment

Working...
                            X