Dying servers and cross server competitions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dying servers and cross server competitions

Lack of server merges is getting to be more and more of an issue as new server vs server competitions are coming out. Titan Wars, CSGB, and Chaos Wars are all events where being on a dying server with few actives is a major handicap. If anything, these events are acting to even further kill off what is left of our server as people rage over the unfairness of having to fight people from servers with a much bigger pool of actives to draw from. Increasing numbers of players are quitting or still log but don't try to play; they just log to hang out and do a couple dailies.

To be honest, I don't know the costs of merging servers, nor do I know why the devs are so reluctant to do it. All I know is its getting harder and harder to play the game due to inability to get a group for just about anything. I'm strong enough to solo and strong enough to carry, and still have a hard time filling a room. There are days I can't even get arena because I can't get a team, not even when saying anyone is welcome, regardless of BR or level, just come to room and get runs. Arena is the biggest problem since you absolutely have to have 4 players to even do it. I can solo most events if I need to, but where is the fun in that? Generally if I run out of bullhorns trying for runs and get nothing, I just stop trying for the day. I'm not willing to pay real money or bb for more bullhorns just because the devs don't deem us worthy of a merge.

When I look at the forum, I can see that my server isn't the only one with this trouble. Other kongregate servers are begging for merges. R2 main site servers are begging for merges. Kabam servers are begging for merges. So far, R2 says its up to the devs. We can contact the devs only through R2, so we have to take their word for it that our request is even being relayed to them. I've been submitting what proof I can for well over 6 months. Screenshots of poorly attended world bosses. Recordings of how quiet the server is during what should be prime time. So far, no merge, no promise of merge, R2 just claims they forward it to the devs and its up to them to decide. Being as I'm from a kong server, I also tried contacting kongregate on the matter. Naturally, all they had to say is its up to R2. Must be nice to have zero responsibility for the games you host, just everyone point the finger at someone else until the chain of blame ends with someone beyond our reach.

My main point is that the game as a whole and especially cross server competitions would be much more fun if all servers had a viable population of active players. Being on a dead server is killing the fun and is driving paying customers away.

Originally posted by KS222 View Post
    Lack of server merges is getting to be more and more of an issue as new server vs server competitions are coming out. Titan Wars, CSGB, and Chaos Wars are all events where being on a dying server with few actives is a major handicap. If anything, these events are acting to even further kill off what is left of our server as people rage over the unfairness of having to fight people from servers with a much bigger pool of actives to draw from. Increasing numbers of players are quitting or still log but don't try to play; they just log to hang out and do a couple dailies.

To be honest, I don't know the costs of merging servers, nor do I know why the devs are so reluctant to do it. All I know is its getting harder and harder to play the game due to inability to get a group for just about anything. I'm strong enough to solo and strong enough to carry, and still have a hard time filling a room. There are days I can't even get arena because I can't get a team, not even when saying anyone is welcome, regardless of BR or level, just come to room and get runs. Arena is the biggest problem since you absolutely have to have 4 players to even do it. I can solo most events if I need to, but where is the fun in that? Generally if I run out of bullhorns trying for runs and get nothing, I just stop trying for the day. I'm not willing to pay real money or bb for more bullhorns just because the devs don't deem us worthy of a merge.

When I look at the forum, I can see that my server isn't the only one with this trouble. Other kongregate servers are begging for merges. R2 main site servers are begging for merges. Kabam servers are begging for merges. So far, R2 says its up to the devs. We can contact the devs only through R2, so we have to take their word for it that our request is even being relayed to them. I've been submitting what proof I can for well over 6 months. Screenshots of poorly attended world bosses. Recordings of how quiet the server is during what should be prime time. So far, no merge, no promise of merge, R2 just claims they forward it to the devs and its up to them to decide. Being as I'm from a kong server, I also tried contacting kongregate on the matter. Naturally, all they had to say is its up to R2. Must be nice to have zero responsibility for the games you host, just everyone point the finger at someone else until the chain of blame ends with someone beyond our reach.

My main point is that the game as a whole and especially cross server competitions would be much more fun if all servers had a viable population of active players. Being on a dead server is killing the fun and is driving paying customers away.
    You should try talking to who runs our server. Ours has had 4 and possibly 5 merges so far(cant remember that far back) and now a part of the largest merge in wartune history on a server that was already more active than most servers on R2 before the merge. Now that we are separate from almost every bit of top competition, our 1 server now makes up roughly 1/3rd of all of class wars top 100 participants.
    However, be careful what you ask for KS222. We now have huge merged server but 90% of all the relevant players on server are in 1 guild.
    Archer hoarder

Comment

Originally posted by HumbleSlayer View Post
      You should try talking to who runs our server. Ours has had 4 and possibly 5 merges so far(cant remember that far back) and now a part of the largest merge in wartune history on a server that was already more active than most servers on R2 before the merge. Now that we are separate from almost every bit of top competition, our 1 server now makes up roughly 1/3rd of all of class wars top 100 participants.
      However, be careful what you ask for KS222. We now have huge merged server but 90% of all the relevant players on server are in 1 guild.
      That's not really all that different than it is now. Most of the tops are in top 2 guilds. Our server has always had 2 rival guilds fighting over top spot. Often there are enough grudges and drama between the guilds that there is very strong resistance to the idea of a guild merge between the two (the idea has come up every CSGB and never comes to pass). If it gives us more people for runs, does it really matter if they are all in same guild? The biggest issues I see is we're used to our nice, long world bosses and we're spoiled by having very few players who bother to plunder. Some of our guilds might get bumped from top 8, but we have a couple guilds in the top 8 that can't even field 2 players most guild battle nights.

Comment

i find that not asking for merge, you will get merged. I've always kept asking for no merge and got merged 3 times already >_<

Comment

That's not really all that different than it is now. Most of the tops are in top 2 guilds. .
          That would be nice. We have 23/25 top players in 1 guild
          Archer hoarder

Comment

whatever happened to the server merge thread anyway? It was set to be at top of discussions but now it's nowhere to be seen.

Comment

i think server dies because of the support given by wartune like server 461 merged with full lagging servers since r2 dont try to fix adding more things to lag better ... seroiusly even spenders cant buy what they want as to tally useless you get only 2 hits from evolve slyphs from arena 2 hits when slphed in di so whats the point building so servers even merged will just continue to die
              S461 Unearthly Grave
              Lvl 65 Archer
              88K BR

Comment

Working...
              X