Unfair Guardian Rune

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barraind View Post
    Why in the world would you ever bet on knight over mage of equal br, given that the mage should never die, as the knight will have no possible way to burst them down faster than sun/regen heals?

The Guardian rune issue will only really be an issue though with subclass class wars, where being a knight base class means you're boned.
    because when the 1/2/3 mins mark comes, heals mean almost nothing
    THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

Originally posted by Barraind View Post
      Why in the world would you ever bet on knight over mage of equal br, given that the mage should never die, as the knight will have no possible way to burst them down faster than sun/regen heals?

The Guardian rune issue will only really be an issue though with subclass class wars, where being a knight base class means you're boned.
      Maybe because with guardian rune i'd be able to go tank all the way with shield, apollo and intercept and wait the 100% to do the real damage, try to outheal a oneshot.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowPlay View Post
        Maybe because with guardian rune i'd be able to go tank all the way with shield, apollo and intercept and wait the 100% to do the real damage, try to outheal a oneshot.
        Hmm, maybe that's exactly why you don't get guardian rune.

Comment

Originally posted by FufuBunnySlayer View Post
          bwahahahahahahahahaha
          IGN: princestewii
          Class: Archer
          Server: Kabam 86

Comment

So your answer is "I'd win by praying they didn't guardian rune my only real source of damage"? There's a reason mage fights of equal br go to time or depend entirely on support sylphs.

Comment

Originally posted by FufuBunnySlayer View Post
              That why i don't want guardian rune, it's far to cheap win using it, i'd like a nerf but w/e, this game is gonna die soonish anyway.

Comment

Because mages have the option to become heal sissies! We can mash you to within an inch of your lives and you have three healing options. Why on earth would we want you to have a good shield also?

Comment

Originally posted by WvilThor View Post
                  Because mages have the option to become heal sissies! We can mash you to within an inch of your lives and you have three healing options. Why on earth would we want you to have a good shield also?
                  Knight with Triton has 3 Heals, 2 Bubbles and a 30% 5 Round Shield - and should also have a 300% Attack (25s CD - multi-use) and a 280% AoE Delphic.

Personally, now that high-end Knights are using Heal Runes for 500k+ and get their free-cast Sunto from their Eudaemon and can use a Chaos to hijack an opponent Mage's Resto / Sunto / BL, I find the Guardian Rune arguments fairly lame. That's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
                    Knight with Triton has 3 Heals, 2 Bubbles and a 30% 5 Round Shield - and should also have a 300% Attack (25s CD - multi-use) and a 280% AoE Delphic.

Personally, now that high-end Knights are using Heal Runes for 500k+ and get their free-cast Sunto from their Eudaemon and can use a Chaos to hijack an opponent Mage's Resto / Sunto / BL, I find the Guardian Rune arguments fairly lame. That's just me.
                    Mage with wind pet have a -40% damage for 3 turn, so what? We can remove guardian rune?

Comment

wait, people still whine about the guardian rune LOL

some things never change
                      IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
                      Class: Archer
                      Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
                      Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
                      Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                      but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

I really don't care that mages have guardian rune. I've never had a problem with them using it even if they use it to take % of damage away and heal I just out damage their heals with slyph or delphic or critical hits so I can kill them.
                        I'm knight class btw

Comment

Originally posted by SlowPlay View Post
                          Mage with wind pet have a -40% damage for 3 turn, so what? We can remove guardian rune?
                          Wind has too many good skills. Aquilon's Blessing, at a 500 Awaken Pts cost, isn't top 5. It also kills the % Apollo Buff from Knight Eudaemon, so it only gives another 10%. Meh.

Funny thing is, I know you're being sarcastic in suggesting Wind as a pet for a Mage to use - but Wind is actually a really good Sylph in PvP. Especially group PvP or CW-format PvP.

Comment

life is unfair, deal with it or get over it

Comment

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
                              Wind has too many good skills. Aquilon's Blessing, at a 500 Awaken Pts cost, isn't top 5. It also kills the % Apollo Buff from Knight Eudaemon, so it only gives another 10%. Meh.

Funny thing is, I know you're being sarcastic in suggesting Wind as a pet for a Mage to use - but Wind is actually a really good Sylph in PvP. Especially group PvP or CW-format PvP.
                              For cw or group pvp yeah, it's as op as triton, for 1vs1 i find it weak compared to other sylph (killed mage with 200k more br then me using medusa evo and nearly killed archer with 350k br more then me, both time i was using an hercules).

Comment

I agree about the shield not being able to be stolen. If one class has a skill that can't be thieved then they all should have one skill that can't be stolen. Talk about lopsided....all the extras in this game are about doing damage, kill it before it goes crit, so archers have the advantage across the board. Knights and mages are made to outlast the enemy but when the enemy is a boss that goes crit in X number of turns, how are you supposed to compete with an archer?

Comment

Working...
                                X