Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you know anyone that actually got banned due to account sharing/ gifting ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you know anyone that actually got banned due to account sharing/ gifting ?

Like the title says this thread will be about account sharing and gifts which we all know are rampant in wartune. I started a new thread since old one got closed lol Search function can be handy but it shows mostly from other games and quite few in wartune, really few. Other games seem much strict in their compliance although i'm not entirely sure. So does anyone actually got the axe from these?

The forum had a 'revamp' and 'clean up' a couple of months ago. Those ones going back 1+ years I would imagine were 'hiding' when they did it, but thank you again for using the search function

You're welcome to discuss this topic, however as mentioned before, if you suspect anyone of breaking ToS (sharing/selling/gifting accounts), please send screenshots into tickets with proof, and from there they will make a decision as to what is done with the offenders.
    Retired Moderator.

Comment

i know that maybe im not right person to answer.. but when i think about it , most of ppl i know in wartune, friends, guildmates is sharing , babysitting their accounts.
      its maybe 80% active ppl on server doing that. its common thing and almost everyone logged friend or gave acc info to friend to log him for something..
      if this would be case to ban all these , 4/5 of my server would be banned and there will be left noone to play game soon.
      I know that rules must be followed and we shouldnt break them..
      but from my personal point of view, this sharing/babysit accounts should be more considering as - "thing we not advice u to do that" than actuall state "we will ban you"
      Last edited by dae25; 06-20-2015, 06:03 AM.

Comment

there was 2-3 players in the last year that got banned after they tried to sell their account in this forum. mostly nobodies tho, smart players usually sells their account in specific places.
        Last edited by Whakapono; 06-20-2015, 06:13 AM. Reason: we do not encourage advertising places to sell accounts, but thank you for the places to keep an eye on
        Originally posted by Wraithraiser
        Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

While we're on the subject of sharing, I would like to link >this post< to keep in mind what would likely happen if you had at any time shared your account, and your account is 'hacked'. Yes account sharing is against ToS, but is also in the best interest of each and every player NOT to share information with anyone.
          Retired Moderator.

Comment

Account sharing is in the tos, but doubt they ban for it. It's more to avoid the issue that comes when someone says "I created this account, gave the pw to a few people to help me, and now someone stole the account I created!". Basicly, it saves them time helping people that doesn't deserve help cause they brought it onto themself.

Selling an the other hand, I've seen a few. Was one on our server, that fake quit every now and then, that asked in world chat if anyone wanted "AN" account for a fair price. He got banned like 2-3 hours later, most likly cause someone reported him. So they seem to fairly fast on those things it seems.

Comment

Last edited by Whakapono; Today at 07:13 AM. Reason: we do not encourage advertising places to sell accounts, but thank you for the places to keep an eye on

lol that was funny.... like your eyes looking out will do anything ,r2 don't care and even if you tried to uphold the tos theyd fall on r2s deaf ears.

the only thing that is bad about acct sharing or selling is r2 has ZERO security about it once you do it... you facked your account. So if 80% of the server does it be that other 20% and don't risk it.

Comment

They actually put it here xD lmao ? they are asking for being banned

Mostly nobody... hmm that sucks

Comment

ppl logging other ppl for things seems fairly common. but on my server one semi strong person i know of sold their account new person showed up for a few days and the account was banned..Seems like sharing is either hard to prove or they dont care. But if someone sells a account or str8 up gives it away they might be banned
                  s410

MysterA uhhh 1.3 mil br
                  Slyph orange Hecate 136k br

Comment

Originally posted by ISuk? View Post
                    ppl logging other ppl for things seems fairly common. but on my server one semi strong person i know of sold their account new person showed up for a few days and the account was banned..Seems like sharing is either hard to prove or they dont care. But if someone sells a account or str8 up gives it away they might be banned
                    Just curious, how anyone can tell the difference between these two, sharing and selling an account?
                    THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

Originally posted by daunapu View Post
                      Just curious, how anyone can tell the difference between these two, sharing and selling an account?
                      "Hey there I'm Sir Idiot Noobser the new owner of this acct I bought for $5 from a kid in a back alley"

Comment

well i consider sharing when someone still plays but isent on for something and still manages to do it (ppl logging then in) this does not bother me much what bothers me is when someone has quit but still gets logged in making the server look more active than it is
                        s410

MysterA uhhh 1.3 mil br
                        Slyph orange Hecate 136k br

Comment

Originally posted by ISuk? View Post
                          well i consider sharing when someone still plays but isent on for something and still manages to do it (ppl logging then in) this does not bother me much what bothers me is when someone has quit but still gets logged in making the server look more active than it is
                          This... :/

Comment

I find selling accounts distasteful, but if everyone who passed on an account on my server got banned, it might have killed off the whole server a while ago. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't try too hard to catch people who just turn over the account to another player. It's smart to reserve the right to do it, but it's just bad business to actually hunt down all cases.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
                              "Hey there I'm Sir Idiot Noobser the new owner of this acct I bought for $5 from a kid in a back alley"
                              LMAO nice one wraithraiser, your reply is entertaining xD

But usually you will know when they say they are the new user. Because they will say so if people that the old user knows asks.

Comment

Working...
                              X