Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you know anyone that actually got banned due to account sharing/ gifting ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think i've seen some players who actually seem to make it sort of like a living to acquire and sell toons. There was once this player that once looks for people quitting and sells the account. And would use that income to use on the toon on other servers. That was a long time ago and i haven't seen this player anymore.
    But usually i see people resorting to shared account usually led to quitting thus selling / gifting the toon away.

Comment

Sharing/gifting accounts is against ToS, but I've never seen anyone banned specifically for sharing the account or gifting it to another. Generally what gets a player banned is trying to sell the account or exploiting certain bugs that R2 actually does go after people for (like the astral glitch a couple years ago). On Kongregate, certain flags for fraud can get an account banned (an issue for shared accounts where both players spend money on it), but that is specific to kong and has nothing to do with R2.

I've noticed a lot of "retired" OPs linger for a few months after the owner quits. The toon gets gifted to the people they run with and generally is used until its obsolete or until the server gets a merge and running a dead toon is no longer needed to get runs. Its frustrating to lose to "dead" toons that are still being used in PvP, but thus far, R2 is disinclined to do anything about it, even with the screenshots where they those running it admit the player quit and gifted account to them.

Comment

I have been told in a ticket that account sharing is NOT illegal but is discouraged.

So don't worry, you won't get banned ^^

More info can be found here : http://r2games.desk.com/customer/por...ayer-reporting

Here's what it says :

''Someone is piloting another player's account.

Piloting is definitely not encouraged and is against our Terms of Service. Piloting can be dangerous because an account has its purchase history under the "My R2" tab and many players decide to link their financial information, leaving their credit card open to unauthorized purchases.

Piloting can also result in unwanted deletion or changing of a character, per the "piloter". Personal quarrels can arise, which may result in them deleting the entire inventory, or completing an event that the owner is unaware of are common problems. This could mean that the "piloted" account isn't being handled in the manner the owner wishes.

As we don't actively seek account sharers, it is up to you to keep your information confidential. We may temporarily or permanently ban an account if we find conclusive evidence of sharing, but generally account piloters are not sought out. This will mean, however, that assistance will be minimal should the safety of an account be breached by sharing sensitive information.''

I hope that clarifies the matter as to how they really don't care about this lol
        Last edited by MsKink; 06-22-2015, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MsKink View Post

I hope that clarifies the matter as to how they really don't care about this lol
          they don't care.. yay.. not :P I do all my things alone =/ someone give me an idea for a great interesting witty remark

Comment

Just an FYI - It's not even against the TOS if you really read it and understand the legalese

At the time your account is opened, you must set a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and are responsible for any harm resulting from your disclosure, or authorization of the disclosure of your password or from any person's use of your password to gain access to your account or account name. At no time should you respond to an online request for a password other than in connection with the log-on process to the Services. Should it be determined that you did reveal your password to any third parties, R2Games reserves the right to disable the account.
            Nowhere does it state sharing a password / account is illegal, but in highlighting the quoted section, it does state that R2Games reserves the right to disable the account if it's found to be shared with 3rd parties.

This is just them protecting themselves. Nothing more. So stop reporting account sharing. In late 2014 they even updated their ToS to get rid of the section that "discouraged" having multiple accounts. They don't care. In fact, they probably like account sharing among top-end accounts as it keeps them from dropping off if someone takes a break and forces others at the same level to keep spending.

Comment

Things I have done without getting banned, or even warned ...

I created extra accounts and used the balens for guild upgrades, and used their free purple maps (as well as using wines/balens for gold maps). Sometimes i brought an alt and ran maps with a guy who brought his alt - and he literally numbered his alts (Name2, Name3, Name4). For my alt names, I tried to make names that would get me a warning and a rename card (including disrespecting the game, the reps, and the top spender), but never got any response. I used bullhorns to make very negative comments about the game, and only once was one removed (and no warning). NOTE: you can make an alt on every server which has merged with your original server, all under the same e-mail, but you will not be able to log on to it separately for things like running maps. When I quit, I gave my two separate logins to two different players (each login has 4 servers), which they use for extra maps and for plundering (they get about 2-3mil gold each day). Also at one point, I made a guild with an offensive name, put my 8 characters in the guild, and the offensive name was in the top 8 for guild battles.

Comment

I imagine conversations about account sharing are like trying to deal with hulu during my busy season.

"You seem to be logging in from Ireland"
                Yes, my company built a building here, and I got to take a vacation to meet the mayor.

"You seem to be logging in from The Netherlands".
                Yes. Yes I am. Do i need to start vpn'ing myself to always appear like I'm at home? You aren't netflix, I don't suddenly gain access to 3848393 new things.

"You seem to be back in America"
                YES I AM A SORCERER WHO CAN TELEPORT. Wait, no, airplanes. I always confuse those two.

Comment

Originally posted by R2111470937 View Post
                  Things I have done without getting banned, or even warned ...

I created extra accounts and used the balens for guild upgrades, and used their free purple maps (as well as using wines/balens for gold maps). Sometimes i brought an alt and ran maps with a guy who brought his alt - and he literally numbered his alts (Name2, Name3, Name4). For my alt names, I tried to make names that would get me a warning and a rename card (including disrespecting the game, the reps, and the top spender), but never got any response. I used bullhorns to make very negative comments about the game, and only once was one removed (and no warning). NOTE: you can make an alt on every server which has merged with your original server, all under the same e-mail, but you will not be able to log on to it separately for things like running maps. When I quit, I gave my two separate logins to two different players (each login has 4 servers), which they use for extra maps and for plundering (they get about 2-3mil gold each day). Also at one point, I made a guild with an offensive name, put my 8 characters in the guild, and the offensive name was in the top 8 for guild battles.
                  Yup - some people get bent out of shape when it comes to multi-chars who are high BR / in top-end guilds, but they don't care about the guild on our server called "Farmers" with a total of 20 shared characters in it named "FarmOne," "FarmTwo," ... "FarmTwenty"

I joke not. But they'll report the 1.6 Mil BR Knight for going on vacation and having a friend log him when he's away .

It's all just sour grapes and trying to move up by means of getting better characters banned. Some characters in the past have been banned, and deservedly so - but to try and get people kicked for things that don't even violate the ToS needs to stop.

Comment

Strange, someone on another game here got banned for it O_O poor guy...

But here basically it says suck it up people, money moves... the end.

Comment

Working...
                    X