New player help with camping.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NecroDeath4 View Post
    There was a knight that camped at low 70s for a few months. Now that knight is #1 cross server and won cw. Since s/he is a heavy casher, I don't see any reason why that person bothered to camp at all.
    probably didnt camp, but just a casher who didnt bother to play his toon. once he has free time he bought his way to the top.
    anyway, still no evidence that camping makes a better toon than non campers at end levels.
    and that's if they actually have the guts to get to lvl 80, most of them just simply quits when they know that they cant catch up ever because they spend too much time in lower level.
    Originally posted by Wraithraiser
    Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
      probably didnt camp, but just a casher who didnt bother to play his toon. once he has free time he bought his way to the top.
      anyway, still no evidence that camping makes a better toon than non campers at end levels.
      and that's if they actually have the guts to get to lvl 80, most of them just simply quits when they know that they cant catch up ever because they spend too much time in lower level.
      Tell me a non casher player that started let's say at most 8 month ago and has maxed med (at least the one u can have for free) or that has decent will crystal/rune and that did level straight to 80.
      Last edited by SlowPlay; 06-28-2015, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MsKink View Post
        camping is fun imho just like in Diablo 2 you could make a low level PvP character.

It allows to get off the uber epic end-game stuff to focus on hardcore grinding of low level stuff to build a toon that is very strong for its level.

I think that Wartune could benefit from this aspect of the game if they were not so persistent on forcing people to go to level 80.
        I'm not sure who you think benefits from campers. They contribute essentially nothing to the game, being that their whole existence revolves around BG, and for the most part, they don't cash much, so the game designers have little reason to cater to them.

I'm sure it's fun for some people to get low-level strong for BG, and rack up a lot of wins against a rotating cast of new players, and for those who just don't have the time to dedicate to the huge time sinks this game has set up, it's a viable way to play without spending all day at it. But I see no reason to encourage and enable that behavior.

Originally posted by SlowPlay View Post
        Tell me a non casher player that started let's say at most 8 month ago and has maxed med (at least the one u can have for free) or that has decent will crystal/rune and that did level straight to 80.
        I doubt there are any, but that's not really the point. Are there any campers who have done any of that either? I completely agree that SFT is brutal for players less than a couple of years old, unless they've spent a fair amount. So getting honor can be a very slow process, but it's a rare camper that levels up after maxing honor. I'd be very much in favor of other ways to earn honor, especially since SFT doesn't even give any at the end, unlike regular BG.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, seems to make sense from what I see, just lvl up and get stuff and get stronger, If I am lvl 80 I can simply get more stuff.

If the battlegrounds were more of a thing I could maybe see a small point to camping , but the last 4 BG I attended averaged 2 people each side, with one in each case eith ,y side or the other massively more BR, pretty much deserted and pointless.

As someone said I can do 60 dungeon at 60 with 80k br or at 80 with 80k br so no difference there.

I was looking at the BR gained for the different sets and as one poster mentioned the 60 set is a relatively small BR increase from the 50 set , compared to the amount of effort needed to obtain it

so I will do the 50 set legend it all up left and right and jump to the 70 set, concentrating on astrals, guild skills, sylph, fate etc etc

Comment

i was a very heavy casher so i dont know if what i ddi apllies to normal players but i slowed my level as much as possible and camped at 69 for a few months to get my honor up ans i went 20-30-40-60-80 for my sets i only used 70 for upgrade never wore it saved alot of gold at the time

Comment

tell me a camper who can do the same too.
              Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
                I'm not sure who you think benefits from campers. They contribute essentially nothing to the game, being that their whole existence revolves around BG, and for the most part, they don't cash much, so the game designers have little reason to cater to them.
                First thing, I never said anyone benefits from campers the way things are right now... but it could be a possibility I suppose...

What I said is, if there was specific events for campers or special sets of gears or whatever you can imagine people would pay for, r2 COULD benefit from it. This is called an assumption based on what I believe could happen if the camper crowd was bigger, let alone the overall player crowd... It's not how things are right now but camping used to be a big aspect of the game back then to at least collect honor or level up talents.

I still think that camping is a fun challenge because I love grinding stuff. Nothing like beating Intermediate dimensions with a level 59 toon : ) (I wish my camper could do that lol)

Comment

Camping is usually touted as the "only way for noncashers to compete". If true, why spend for something when their gameplay design is to do "well" by not spending?

I think the camping crowd is finally dead; R2 finally managed to kill most of them. Unfortunately, it was too late in the game's lifespan. I don't think very many newer players are coming through the game anymore. At least ones who stick with it for more than a month.

Comment

Well I am on the new server there are about 350 ish people playing , about 100 of them semi-serious, one fairly serious casher, about 90ish with wings and vip, for a game with the server turnover this seems to have that's actually not bad, given what the game is.
                    This game could run another 10 years easy, as long as it make a profit they will run it. Want to see a game with issues look at Crystal Saga I used to play that a few years ago, now that is an almost deserted game.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                      tell me a camper who can do the same too.
                      There's 1 on my guild, 6 month old char free player sky dragon honor thingy, lvl 4x3 will crystal, 9xlvl 8 res crystal (only 4 slot unlocked) and going to 80 now because free necro daily is huge once u can clear it, 680k br. He sure played a lot every day and being on the strongest guild of eu server probably did help him a lot but still it's a decent built char.

My point is, camping too much is stupid (our server has also what i think it's the strongest lvl 39 of every server of wartune, noncasher afaik with 140k br, lvl 9 gems maxed astral lvl 9 clothes, even wings which i don't have), going straight to 80 is also stupid because there's no way u can get any honor in months neither league insigna, a good balance is needed to build a decent char.

Comment

there is this kind of player in wartune.
                        interested only in pvp aspect, doesn't care about other features (can't find it interesting playing EF, wb, tok. spire, bi, di is out of question. he felt asleep doing those 3).
                        doing wb & bi once or twice a week but he wants to dominate arena & bg.
                        login only few hours at arena time, sometimes bg and gb.
                        is it just me or there are someone else like this?
                        IGN: Kill Me
                        S-385 (West Coast) - Crimson Lair

Comment

There's 1 on my guild, 6 month old char free player sky dragon honor thingy, lvl 4x3 will crystal, 9xlvl 8 res crystal (only 4 slot unlocked) and going to 80 now because free necro daily is huge once u can clear it, 680k br. He sure played a lot every day and being on the strongest guild of eu server probably did help him a lot but still it's a decent built char.
                          pics or it didnt happen.

Comment

My point is, camping too much is stupid (our server has also what i think it's the strongest lvl 39 of every server of wartune, noncasher afaik with 140k br, lvl 9 gems maxed astral lvl 9 clothes, even wings which i don't have), going straight to 80 is also stupid because there's no way u can get any honor in months neither league insigna, a good balance is needed to build a decent char.
                            I smell Cupcakes on this one.
                            A 680k BR camper would have over 1.2m BR when he have a lvl 8 eudaemon. 6 month old player would have a very limited mounts, also since they are a camper they would have a hard time getting mount hoofs since DI is only for advanced class.

There was a topic here where people cant believe that a 1 year old account having 1m BR since he claimed he's only buying VIP, and you expect us to believe this outlandish claim where a 6 months old camper free player can have this BR?
                            Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 06-30-2015, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Linobanfi View Post

as to your utility for other players, campers are useless to the community, they cannot help anyone. ok, if you have some trouble in doing nirvana because you are still weak i dont see the problem in asking some help,
                              wont take much time if you do things well, before you dont need anymore help, once the day comes you will be useful to others (i already explained that doing mpds is not that hard nowadays).
                              more you are stronger (and you are over campers) , more you are useful for the community in general, to do daily runs (spire tok or whatever), for guild events (gb, all cross-server stuff), to help killing whatever someone needs (and faster).
                              I help 80s daily to kill wilds boss(even elites in some cases), in TOK and in spire.
                              IGN : ARKANTOS
                              CLASS : ARCHER
                              SERVER : KABAM S1 (US WEST)

Comment

Originally posted by FufuBunnySlayer View Post
                                I think the camping crowd is finally dead; R2 finally managed to kill most of them. Unfortunately, it was too late in the game's lifespan.
                                The steps R2 took to take down campers was too late. By the time the gave 1000% world prosperity most campers i know were lvl 70 + with maxed SE, stables and with 70 set. R2 also made it too easy to get all transposers after 9. Already established campers have now no reason to lvl, if they think of avoiding exp.
                                IGN : ARKANTOS
                                CLASS : ARCHER
                                SERVER : KABAM S1 (US WEST)

Comment

Working...
                                X