New player help with camping.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New player help with camping.

I have been playing Wartune 2 week, and have a 45k br knight at lvl 54 currently, the biggest cause for argument in our guild and something I can not get a grasp of is camping, like WHY?

The only place that your level seems to affect anything is in the twice daily BG, typically this is now one or two newbs like me and a 250k br guy the other side murdering us, I have been told camp and build br , like to 250k, that would mean basically not playing most of the game for 6 months (so as not to level) for an outside chance to get a kill in a mostly empty BG I do not enjoy...

I was told level counts in the cross server arena, but since I am matched against lvl 80's that's not true, you need a certain honor level to get the 60 and 70 equip components, but that honor level can be got through guild wars a lot faster than camping for 6 months.

I feel like camping was something people did once, or people who love BG and want to kill lots in there camp for weeks months or years to do so.

Am I missing something? , is there any reason whatsoever to camp? or just get to 80 lvl and gear up from there?, if I am trying to get through dungeons it has to be better if I have max astral slots, fate buff, edumon etc etc etc... or not?

you are absolutely right, camping has no reasons.

camping is used only for 1 thing:

1. for people who cry if they got killed in bg. stop.

it was pointless years ago, it is even less pointless now.

(saying that camping means forcing you to stop leveling aside the normal and regular progress of your toon)
    sure nowadays the normal progress (leveling and get stuff with an adeguate balance which could be easily duable in the past time) is harder due to xp buff and lot of more xp you can get,
    said that, exactly cause of this "problem" the only smart way to play now is rush to lvl 80, and start to farm everything you need.
    at lvl 80 you can do every events and collect every rewards, wont take much before you reach a decent br.

Comment

The reason people camp is quite simple really. Say you ramp up to level 80 without a care in the world, only to find that you cant survive the level 80 mpd, and start complaining. Camping is just an extreme version of the slow leveling method of playing the game. Slow leveling is basically taking time to not rush in level ups, but to build your toon to where you can actually hold your own without others having to drag your body through multiplayer dungeons.

As for battle ground though, people camp so that they can be able to get the battle ground titles, which will benefit a player because titles evntually give you stat points as well. Also the higher you go the harder it is to give such titles as the grim reaper title.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeak42 View Post
        The reason people camp is quite simple really. Say you ramp up to level 80 without a care in the world, only to find that you cant survive the level 80 mpd, and start complaining. Camping is just an extreme version of the slow leveling method of playing the game. Slow leveling is basically taking time to not rush in level ups, but to build your toon to where you can actually hold your own without others having to drag your body through multiplayer dungeons.

As for battle ground though, people camp so that they can be able to get the battle ground titles, which will benefit a player because titles evntually give you stat points as well. Also the higher you go the harder it is to give such titles as the grim reaper title.
        I thought a lvl 80 can choose which dungeon can do/can finish/need loot, a lvl 80 needs more other stuff before jumping into a 80 mp
        THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

Originally posted by Linobanfi View Post
          you are absolutely right, camping has no reasons.

camping is used only for 1 thing:

1. for people who cry if they got killed in bg. stop.

it was pointless years ago, it is even less pointless now.

(saying that camping means forcing you to stop leveling aside the normal and regular progress of your toon)
          sure nowadays the normal progress (leveling and get stuff with an adeguate balance which could be easily duable in the past time) is harder due to xp buff and lot of more xp you can get,
          said that, exactly cause of this "problem" the only smart way to play now is rush to lvl 80, and start to farm everything you need.
          at lvl 80 you can do every events and collect every rewards, wont take much before you reach a decent br.
          And get no honor from bg because u can't kill **** due to low br even with 100% dryad, don't get anything from arena because u die 1hit in 80 arena (if u team with 80 ofc u match against 80), not being able to find a di party unless someone that desperate to get a 4th for di, having to farm a lower lvl set unless someone is kind enough to farm for you nirv nm, being lucky if u can clear tok easy. Did i miss anything?

OP camping is a good thing if u do it properly, skip those stuff u can afford to skip (exit mpd before last boss, skip spire, don't complete daily quest etc), going straight to 80 will make u progress way slower, camp too much will slow u down as well. I was 45k br at lvl 55 2 years ago when i started playin and we had far less br boost then we have now so your far too weak for your level, 250k br is too much camping, find the good balance.

Comment

Originally posted by daunapu View Post
            I thought a lvl 80 can choose which dungeon can do/can finish/need loot, a lvl 80 needs more other stuff before jumping into a 80 mp
            It's like an adult that needs everything from baby, childhood, teens yet carry out responsibilities that an adult should be expected to be capable of.
            I'd rather suggest that when new players start out, either they cancel the levelling system and make everything available without the need for hero to level,
            OR make use of the levelling system to help players grow stronger gradually with maturity on the gameplay.
            With astronomical world prosperity, it defeats the purpose of levelling to grow stronger when everything is thrown to them AS they start to learn the game.
            Camping is just a means to avoid this from happening.
            "Why so glum? As if you ate a sour plum,
            Why so grim? I think you need some pimple cream,
            Why so serious? :-o "

"Game disappointment? If the game won't change, then just change your game! (you play)"

Comment

exactly, people will never learn, and campers will always try to find excuses or find good reasons when they clearly fail in all their efforts.

1. as daunapu said, nothing force you not to do previous dungeons when you are already lvl 80, it's not like you need or its mandatory to follow a path lvl 50 set then 60 then 70... according to your level.
              actually lvl 60 set has always been a complete waste of time and resources to farm for example, the most useless and supid set (its not even so much better than set 50)
              even back in the days you could easily get a lvl 50 leg set and then go direct to 70 set.
              i remember even before we had sylph or euda or all the stuff we have now to help raise br or killing monsters a party of four 80k br was queit enough to do LL NM.
              as for myself i remember at lvl 70 i was still doing god nm to complete lvl 50 set legendary.
              as for today everybody is able to solo mpds without too much effort if they know how to play (excluding ef).
              the path which should be follow today is: get lvl 50 normal set (skip to make it legendary you dont need), start doing LL NM, once you have lvl 70 leg, start doing nirvana you will be more than enough to do it.
              you tell me you need help, more you level, more you are stronger, more faster you get stronger, less help you need.

2.grim reaper title? there are players who play from a very long time who still not have that title, and are you telling me that staying years camping to get a stupid title worth something? be serious pls.

3.and as i said, you are more than free to start farming everything you need when you are lvl 80, nobody force you to get stuff or title before you are lvl 80.

4.really, stop with all the no-sense, camping has NO advantages. point. they will only try to find excuses with pointless dabate only because they are the type of players who cry if they got killed in bg,
              and think that being the stronger in bg at lvl 50 makes them smarter or better players. as i said once:

"if a player has 300k br at lvl 39, he is not strong, he is just useless, to himslef, to his guild, to his server"

Comment

Originally posted by Imonseph View Post
                It's like an adult that needs everything from baby, childhood, teens yet carry out responsibilities that an adult should be expected to be capable of.
                I'd rather suggest that when new players start out, either they cancel the levelling system and make everything available without the need for hero to level,
                OR make use of the levelling system to help players grow stronger gradually with maturity on the gameplay.
                With astronomical world prosperity, it defeats the purpose of levelling to grow stronger when everything is thrown to them AS they start to learn the game.
                China already did it, in a sense. Make new toon = instant lv40 w/ 40 set (minus 40 weapon as it's in the "first recharge" pack). Camping is obsolete, and with every patch more and more difficult to keep up with. Might as well not even log to avoid all the EXP.

Comment

if you want real life examples, here is one. A 23y old person, didnt graduate, just went 1-23 in a blink. Wants to be "strong" in life. Realises he needs gear (education). Will he go straight to college (ef nm)? Or finish elementary school first (Lych lair for the 70 set), then highschool (Nirvana for 80 set), then college (ef). So you tell me how this person should proceed? Does age matter for his choice? How life works?
                  THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

so far i havent see any people who camped in same level for 6+ month that ends up in top 10 of any server, while there are many noncashers who didnt camp at all got in the high tier players.
                    Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                    Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

everybody try to be serious for a moment, here the discussion is if there are advantages in camping.
                      first of all, i am, and i talk as and for free players (i would include very light cashers), all the discussion become no-sense if cashing is involved, because with cash you are just in another world, and things can be seen totally different.

we are not discussing the personal style of play, or which are your aims in the game, or what you like to do in this game.
                      everybody is free to camp for years if they want, get a grim preaper title, and like their ego to be seen in lower bg killing everyone with 1 hit.

the matter of facts are:

1. slowing to level, aka camping, makes your toon to slow progress and get stronger. whoever says the opposite is "stupid" (no offence to anyone, its just in the constest of the discussion).
                      its not a matter of lvl brackets, or what you can do in bg/arena, strenght of player is a measurement of how much your toon is just strong, your possibility in getting better rewards from events and do stuff more faster and easely.
                      camping clearly force you to skip all rewards, you cannot do all events, etc. etc.
                      higher your level , more things you can claim in events, more stuff you can do, more things you can farm daily, whatever are your possibility atm.
                      so more faster and easely you get stronger.

2. nobody said you have to rush to lvl 80 without sense, clearly you have to progress your toon with some sort of balance, once could be easely duable.
                      today with so much xp to get and xp buff, is simply pointless to avoid all the xp, so or you decide to camp (bacause you want and not because you think it has advantages),
                      or you just level.

3. there are only 2 events in which counts the relation between your level and your br.
                      bg and arena. now, clearly if you camp you have chances to get better rewards and farm more daily stuff from these 2 events.
                      are these 2 events worth the entire world of wartune in a gaming and progress matter of your toon? i would say no (you can say yes, but just as for personal feelings not with reasons).

4. some people says: you cannot get honor, you will die in an instant in bg, you cannot farm much insignia in arena.
                      seriously, there are others event in which you can farm those stuff, you can get all these resources even avoiding those 2 events.
                      ok, you get more and faster if you can do good there, but here is the point: is there some sort of advantage if a player get a higher honor lvl easely, or more insignia,
                      but have to skip all other events, all other rewars because you have to avoid xp to level?
                      eventually you can get max medallon even doing only gb, nowaydays we have even items that gives honor just by click.
                      all honor in excess after you get max medallion is completely useless for no cashers, maybe you can raise by 1 lvl for free, now,
                      but you have all the time to do it, the question is:
                      A. better to be able to do all events, claim all rewars, have fun in all the events you like, maybe with slowing you to farm honor (that is all to see btw, all depends on how you plays and how smart you do things)
                      B. or get max medallion faster , kick-***** in bg, but you have to skip 90 % of the rest of the game you can do?

5. arena party is so messed up that half of the matchings are broken, plus even getting less honor you still get honor even if you can have 2 wins per day, not like you cannot do.
                      and that event is so boring-laggy-unplayable that many players dont even play it anymore.

6.funny that some people says that rushing to lvl 80, force you to ask help to do everything because you will be so low br.....
                      well, first of all nobody said that you have to complete 10 bosses in DI to get decent stuff to farm, everything you can farm daily at your actual strength, even lower rewards, is an advantages for the daily progress or your toon strengh,
                      more you farm more you get stronger, day by day, its esponential. (and funny that campers ask help because they want to kill stuff in wilds and they are weak for them, just saying).

7. as to your utility for other players, campers are useless to the community, they cannot help anyone. ok, if you have some trouble in doing nirvana because you are still weak i dont see the problem in asking some help,
                      wont take much time if you do things well, before you dont need anymore help, once the day comes you will be useful to others (i already explained that doing mpds is not that hard nowadays).
                      more you are stronger (and you are over campers) , more you are useful for the community in general, to do daily runs (spire tok or whatever), for guild events (gb, all cross-server stuff), to help killing whatever someone needs (and faster).

PS. know was a long post, nobody forced you to read lol, and sorry for my poor english,
                      obiviously not my first language, and beside the fact is a long post, i wrote it faster and wont go check grammar or eventual errors.

Comment

camping is fun imho just like in Diablo 2 you could make a low level PvP character.

It allows to get off the uber epic end-game stuff to focus on hardcore grinding of low level stuff to build a toon that is very strong for its level.

I think that Wartune could benefit from this aspect of the game if they were not so persistent on forcing people to go to level 80.

They could design some events that would please these campers, probably make them spend as well even if slightly (we all know they are not the biggest cash cow hehe).

Something like low level Class Wars maybe.

Anyway, camping low levels is slowly disappearing lately and it's just sad imho. The % of campers has always been low compared to the end game crowd but now that the overall player pool is diminishing every day, the camper crowd is getting thinner and thinner every day too...

If you want to camp low levels, you should just go to the oldest server you can find and start from scratch there. Probability is they have the biggest pool of low level campers but just get ready to get owned for a long time ^^

Comment

back at Linobanfi:

if let's say I have only 3-4hrs a day to spend on wartune, I can't possibly do everything in order to farm everything just to enjoy the game.
                          Now being relevant, eudaemons has been the focus of all the recent ongoing events. If it's anything worth, I can actually get lvl 2 hp diamonds from event boxes pretty easy
                          with sylph events. Also farm alot of blood of zeus from animals. I can buy those green and blue flame from shop with balens. Eudaemon resistance, skills and all still from the same event boxes.

Ask any player that start out wartune, I can guarantee you that they will have a longer time still learning how to play the game then to hit lvl 80.
                          To those who camp, I can only suggest this: they'll lose out on some aspects of the game (e.g. eudaemons).

To those who cash, idk how they like to gamble with their money...
                          Honestly, I camp bcuz I don't have the luxury of time to do everything that the game has to offer.

IMO, the most significant level to reach are: lvl 50 when sylphs are made available, and lvl 55 fate and resistance crystals, dimensions.
                          Anything lower than that is just ain't worth camping hero level. Honor from guild battle if it's suited to their timzone. Honestly, battleground
                          chest is the best source of gems and socketing rods that many players overlook, and only esteem honor with upmost importance.

And who loves the lag when eudaemons come into play? ^^
                          Takes 10 secs to cast a skill.. lol
                          "Why so glum? As if you ate a sour plum,
                          Why so grim? I think you need some pimple cream,
                          Why so serious? :-o "

"Game disappointment? If the game won't change, then just change your game! (you play)"

Comment

Honestly, battleground chest is the best source of gems and socketing rods that many players overlook, and only esteem honor with upmost importance.
                            i wanted to laugh at this, but it's so sad it's not even funny.
                            1 month of gems BG chest is less or equal worth of 1 day run of catacomb. and there's necro too.
                            Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                            Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                              so far i havent see any people who camped in same level for 6+ month that ends up in top 10 of any server, while there are many noncashers who didnt camp at all got in the high tier players.
                              There was a knight that camped at low 70s for a few months. Now that knight is #1 cross server and won cw. Since s/he is a heavy casher, I don't see any reason why that person bothered to camp at all.
                              Non casher Psuedo-non casher Light Casher Medium Casher Heavy Casher God Casher
                              _______________^

Comment

Working...
                              X