About weird stuff i don't understand.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About weird stuff i don't understand.

Hi all, i have played the game over two years and one of the first things i learned is BR means ****** cuz some is useless (patk on mages i.e.) and there are things like % astros that can turn the outcome of a battle. Now we have the noghtmare of the resistances and sylphs but still there are some situations hard to understand for me.
    I was on arena facing a guy with a 3 stars purple hercules, he wasn't even scratching me with attacks in hero mode just the suntoria from eudaemon was enought to keep my hp full and then... he onseshot me with a herc delphic, 750k damage to be precise. Since i have 5x lv8 electro resistance crystals plus one intermediate dimension how in the hell this guy increase him damage from 10k with a crit LB to 750k? that's 7500% increase in damage.

As i said, in hero mode him damage was not even bothering me so things like astro and medallion has nothing to do here, the only things that changed from hero to sylph was the 50% increase from time, maybe brutality rune (i lag, maybe didn't see use it) and the new cards could have played a role too, but still a 7500% increase in damage is a lot just from those 3 things. Not happend just once, already 3 times and one of those times with advanced guardian rune i ate 330k damage from a non-delphic skill from hercules.

I'm using Dark sylph, about 70k mdef and can't remember the exactly amount right now but a little over 600 resistance. I know enemy has red-resistance crystals and since i don't understand 100% how resistances works yet i'm asking here for a explanation. Hope someone can help me out with this since is really annoying and fustrating work that hard in a toon to just get all you got and throw it from the window cuz all that matters now is sylphs.

might be ur enemy has high reduce resist crystals plus higher medal

Comment

Originally posted by Cacuga View Post
      Hi all, i have played the game over two years and one of the first things i learned is BR means ****** cuz some is useless (patk on mages i.e.) and there are things like % astros that can turn the outcome of a battle. Now we have the noghtmare of the resistances and sylphs but still there are some situations hard to understand for me.
      I was on arena facing a guy with a 3 stars purple hercules, he wasn't even scratching me with attacks in hero mode just the suntoria from eudaemon was enought to keep my hp full and then... he onseshot me with a herc delphic, 750k damage to be precise. Since i have 5x lv8 electro resistance crystals plus one intermediate dimension how in the hell this guy increase him damage from 10k with a crit LB to 750k? that's 7500% increase in damage.

As i said, in hero mode him damage was not even bothering me so things like astro and medallion has nothing to do here, the only things that changed from hero to sylph was the 50% increase from time, maybe brutality rune (i lag, maybe didn't see use it) and the new cards could have played a role too, but still a 7500% increase in damage is a lot just from those 3 things. Not happend just once, already 3 times and one of those times with advanced guardian rune i ate 330k damage from a non-delphic skill from hercules.

I'm using Dark sylph, about 70k mdef and can't remember the exactly amount right now but a little over 600 resistance. I know enemy has red-resistance crystals and since i don't understand 100% how resistances works yet i'm asking here for a explanation. Hope someone can help me out with this since is really annoying and fustrating work that hard in a toon to just get all you got and throw it from the window cuz all that matters now is sylphs.
      I assume he was not mage (no MATK boost) - y/n?
      Also the medallion is important intensity/tenacity - your tenacity and his intensity values?
      Did he used Shock Chain skill before the Delphic - y/n? It reduce 30% of your MDEF.
      Did he crit in normal mode or only in Sylph Delphic - y/n? If only in Sylph Delphic - value of his determination astral is important, can you provide?
      And finally value of his electro RES is important too, do you have it?
      Finally his penetration and your block value?
      Last edited by P-J-J; 08-21-2015, 11:37 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Sounds like you have a very high res in an element other than electro. Pre-slyph mode, highest res value is used to reduce damage, irrespective of element opponent is using. So you had big damage reduction until slyph, when game uses your electro res since he's using herc, and then he kills you.

Comment

I said he did 10k with a "CRIT LB" so it reply question 1 and 4 and if it can have more than one meaning its a "critical lighning bolt", the delphic was crit also.

And maybe i'm a dumbass but what the hell have to do here the medallion and the astral? I'm asking how damage increase from 10k to 750k when sylph awake, he can equip determination and medallion mid fight? no right? so the medallion and the astro were here from the begining so the damage increased 7500% with just awake the sylph. The matter is not if the damage is right or not, i'm not saying he cheats or something like that, the matter is how in the hell it increased by 7500% from hero to sylph, so it must be something that changes when the sylph awake and medallion, astro, block and penetration are the same all battle. It must be something with resistances and i want to know where to work to avoid this.

No idea about how much electro res or res reduction he has, only can tell i had like 600 electro and my high was around 700 dark, he casted shock chain before delphic but didn't hit me but my partner, lazy to check now but i think doesn't matter to get the debuff anyway.

Again, and sorry for be annoying with this, stop asking for useless info like medallion or astros, and if you insist i had no med and let's said he has lv10 determination with full upgrades and dragon earl med, 4k penetration and me 0 block (i have 2k so not much of a difference) he still was hitting me for 10k crit in hero and becomes 750k in sylph, the matter is how to avoid this ridiculous damage otherwise there is no point in play a game when all that matters is who awake the sylph first.

@FufuBunnySlayer
          That makes sense, i have heard about that issue of the game taking your high resistance instead the one agains the oponent damage in hero mode, but 100 resistance difference can make such a big change in damage? even if it's the case any idea about how much resistance could be ok? i could made lv9 crystals, just saving lv8 ones to don't have to convert in EF and waiting a little just in case they add lv9 rewards in crystal events.

Thank you all for reply

Comment

Could be using a ruthless astral. Personally have used it and one shot top players with one herc delphic even if before sylph was barely surviving.

Comment

As far I can see what you said, seems normal to me. You said he used Shock Chain, even it hitting your partner all on your side gets -30% Mdef, so your Mdef dropped from 70k to 49k. You said you had 600 electro resis, but if your enemy has 600 reduction your resistance drops to 0. Another question were you on sylph mode as well or normal mode? If you were at normal mode, the dmg from enemy Sylph mode higher than if you were in sylph as well. We don't know also what kind of dime your enemy has, so the real resistance and reduction still unknown.
              I know resistance can be frustrating, but actually only 6 lv8 resis don't stop too much, considering your enemy may have a high reduction.
              Another few things as mentioned ruthless astral is a big and awesome astro that can help on that, also we have the new arena cards which can trigger a +% on the dmg.
              Sum all of that + Hercules high dmg Delphic and nothing strange happening.
              As a tip to avoid that, working on resistance is the only way, raise it to 1k or more, you will see the difference.
              By the way, inter dime do not add too much it is only 10% per gem so your 112 gem will give only 124 resis.
              Name: Clay
              Class: Mage
              Server: S162

Comment

@Wraithraise
                Yes i though in this astro too but it alone can't varies the damage that much so it have to be the astro plus something else. You not the first telling me about this atro and i start to think in give it a try but if i understand the astro descripcion correctly it can increase damage a lot but also decrease it right?

@CLaytony
                Right now i don't remember, but last night i was checking people in rankings and notice already a lot of them with lv6 and avobe crystals that reduces my resistance to 0.
                I already have into the account the astro and the cards, but even in the best scenario possible (medallion, astro, cards, damage buff, def debbuf, etc...) if LB that does 106% damage hits for 10k the delphic should do about 250-300k if i did the maths correctly (what is already an awesome increase). But if we add the bonus from resistances then all start to have sense.

I knew resistance are important to mitigate sylph damage but never expected they can be so crucial, thank you everyone for the help.

Btw i just notice my last post could sound a little rude to PJJ, my apologies it wasn't my intention. For my side this thread is done, thanks all again.

Comment

Claytonny mentioned this at the end, but a new, big variable is the new cards, a random +150% to attack ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	wartune card.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	1716331

Comment

I understand what you're talking about. There are some players where in non-sylph mode, I do like 5k damage to them every hit, but when I go sylph mode, I do 300k+ shots.
                    And no, it's not the cards because this has happened in Chaos War as well. So I'm guessing it has something to do with resistances.

I can provide an example from Chaos War as well

Comment

Since you didn't have much higher resistance in an element other than electro, I think the explanation isn't primarily resistance, but the suddenly huge difference between his matk and your mdef. First, he awakens, adding potentially 20k to matk, then he hits you with shock chain, which drops your mdef by 30%. Assuming you didn't have a ton of resistance before, his matk was only a little higher than your mdef, but now it's much higher. So he's just gained 41k matk over you. That could be up to a 8x multiplier in the differential between atk and def, and factor in the 470% of the delphic, the likely 50% damage multiplier for time, the 10% damage bonus for sylphs over level 55, and a 100-point difference in resistance (about 12%), and I get 705k. The resistance is hard to account for, though, since the lower his res reduction, the bigger difference 100 points makes - if it was 400, the multiplier is 18%, at 300, 23%, but the rest becomes less likely the lower it goes.

About the cards, this was arena, so the only random variable would be the blue card, chance of 80% damage reduction. Only the BG purple card gives the atk bonus.

Comment

Working...
                      X