Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Suggestion on sylph skills for a knight? (all 6 types)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion on sylph skills for a knight? (all 6 types)

So far I have 1 of each sylph. They will all be 2nd-refined within a few months (need mahra badly). I will NOT merge any of them any time soon (at least not until they reduce the price & allow bb's to be used).

I'm about to add skills to Fire & Wind & redo the skill bars of the rest (I know...it's insane...).

Anyone kind enough to share your skill bars & provide some clues/experience with your sylph?

Other questions I have so far:
    - Is Divine Howling a must-have skill (worth the risk of redoing the skillbar) for my main sylph (the one I use most of the time)?
    - I plan to add the orange resistance passive for each sylph (wind res for electro, power of light/dark for light/dark, etc.), but feel like some types are more common than some others & this might not be the best way around. Any ideas?
    - How important are sylph arena & sylph expedition (in terms of rewards)? If I don't use a sylph every day, is it better to specialize its skills for arena/expedition?
    - I'm a knight. Electro was my main. Now if I want to pick a second main sylph (or simply say, I'm about to make the BIG CHANGE & shift focus), which is best, light, dark, water, or fire? If all have the same amount of seps fed to them, which would work best for me (PvE type, need to give & take more hits than any teammate for most runs)?

Much appreciate any help.

Thanks.

I play with archer, so, maybe I'm a little shifted. Here is my opinion.
    Sylph arena is very important, as now it is the only source of adv sepu. But, there is an info that next patch (2-3 weeks) will remove adv sepu from arena. Expedition is not important at all, rewards are low and it is quite time-consuming.
    PvE usually is a damage race. So, no real point in changing sylph, especially if you are a team player. For solo PvE dark sylph can be better.
    I believe in universality. So, my dark sylph has "Haunt", my water sylph has "Rain Dance" and Ice Armor".

As for orange passives - no opinion here. I believe, this is PvP-only stuff. And in PvP only cash matters.

Comment

Originally posted by R299176373 View Post
      ...Sylph arena is very important, as now it is the only source of adv sepu....
      I'm still thinking if my water & dark should specialize for sylph arena or carry-on. I still need them for MPDs, but they both have very few seps in so not sure if i could strengthen them in time for use BEFORE THE GAME CHANGES AGAIN. any ideas?

...PvE usually is a damage race. So, no real point in changing sylph...
      apparently, i suffered badly in purgatory & NR (& in ef before it became much easier), & kinda did worse than i should for expedition & sky trail, all because 90% of my seps are in 1 sylph & my current secondary is light (not the best IMHO). no strong water/dark sylph really gets me in those places. now looking back, even fire has better skills than electro (at least it can shield & bleed). really not sure what to do. so puzzled :'(

...in PvP only cash matters...
      so true lol

Comment

Might post my sylphs skills later, overall talkin about passive the only must have is power of light/dark, the +5% stackable damage on electro and the stun on water delphic, don't see any other passive being that usefull but can't check right now. About skills, it's all really up to how u play, only a couple skill on each sylph are must have, there's no perfect skill set.

Click image for larger version

Name:	athena.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	1716470

Name:	cerberus.PNG
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	1716471

Name:	hecate.PNG
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	1716472

Name:	hercules.PNG
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	1716473

Name:	medusa.PNG
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	1716474

Name:	triton.PNG
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	1716475

I'm happy with skill and passive i've got on hecate triton and hercules, light will need a rework (heal skill kinda sucks and gotta change passive when i upgrade), cerberus skill are the one i wanted but his passive sucks so i'll wait for evo and probably put both 150 steal/gain and 300 gain awaken, dunno about the 3rd passive yet, medusa i'll probably add as 3rd passive the 150 steal/gain.
        Last edited by SlowPlay; 08-25-2015, 03:58 PM. Reason: added screen

Comment

Is Divine Howling a must-have skill (worth the risk of redoing the skillbar) for my main sylph (the one I use most of the time)?
          No. Wrath was really good until Eud's though.

I plan to add the orange resistance passive for each sylph (wind res for electro, power of light/dark for light/dark, etc.), but feel like some types are more common than some others & this might not be the best way around. Any ideas?
          I wouldnt bother with most of them. Light and Dark are great. Others are mediocre, and i would use anti-lightning on all of them you can find a place, over the natural weakness.

How important are sylph arena & sylph expedition (in terms of rewards)? If I don't use a sylph every day, is it better to specialize its skills for arena/expedition?
          Arena is your main source of Seps, which you're going to need tens if not hundreds of thousands of.
          Expedition is the only reliable free source of Sylph Gems. You get fragments for ranking, 1 gem for level 20 and 2 for level 30.

For skills, you can do both. Sylph Arena skills are going to be the same things youd use in class wars. Expedition are going to be the 3 highest damage (or absolute best utility) skills, and you're going to want to have those anyway,

I'm a knight. Electro was my main. Now if I want to pick a second main sylph (or simply say, I'm about to make the BIG CHANGE & shift focus), which is best, light, dark, water, or fire? If all have the same amount of seps fed to them, which would work best for me (PvE type, need to give & take more hits than any teammate for most runs)?
          Dark is the best, but most resisted against for pvp. Fire is going to work like a better Electro sylph, but all it does is damage. A good Water sylph is almost invaluable in Class War, Sylph Expedition and, possibly, Sylph Arena. Light is less safe than dark, with a slightly higher damage potential.

Since you have one of Dog or Herc, go Hades. Then either Triton or Athena.

The key to skills is wait till patch

But it depends on what you want to use them for.

Whatever you use for DI, WB, Atoll, ect (going to refer to that as WB sylph) should have 2 skills with at least 8sec CD on them, or you end up wasting a small amount of damage with auto-attacks. This is going to be unavoidable for Guild Beast on some sylphs, most likely.

Anything that gets relegated to PvP, Sylph Exp and Sylph Arena needs its 3 best skills for those roles and then 2 of your choice.

For Dark: Devour, Delphic, Awe and Gaze are a good base. For the 5th, you can skip shadow Strike since it wont be your WB sylph and pick up Harvest. Passives are Tainted, Dementia, Malediction until Hecate, and Power of Dark once you get there (can replace either non-Dementia skill. Tainted is less useful than it says it should be, Malediction is a very bad free chaos rune that can work in Sylph Arena).

For Dog: Inflammation, Devouring, Blistering, Delphic, Burning. Burning can be Consuming, but Consuming is less single target damage, only ever going to be used on Atoll Boss, a smaller DoT than it claims, not worth paying for and worse than an auto-attack because it doesnt benefit from the advanced talent, and some things dont get hit by its bleed. Passives on Dog: They are all mediocre. If you want a sylph to play around with the divine skills though, there you go.

For Herc: Its either 'Have Jupiter and Short' or 'Spend time auto-attacking in sylph form'. It has 6 skills that all do roughly similar damage or have very good effects. It also has Static field and Unstable Voltage (the best passive anywhere). Its options for 3rd passive are even not terrible, though Razor maaaay actually cause you an extra autoattack in PvE situations on accident.

For Athena: Delphic, Ray, Divine, Impaling, takeyourpick. Shining is the most single target damage, Beam/Light do more on multiple targets. People skip an attack there and use one of its other skills as well. Master of Light is its best in Apolloform, Redeeming light in Athenaform, Master of Light in Chibiform.

For Bread: Winds Grace, Delphic, Steal, *, *. This sylph skills based on what you plan to do with it. Windcrest can be bonkers in Sylph Arena, and is starting to become less useful anywhere else. Whispering Wind is amazing if you're your worst arena teammate and can live to sylph once. Lament is a high damage execute. Breeze Blade is a possible 5th skill. You get steal because its more single target damage than your single target skills, and its an AE. Winds grace is better than it says it is for some reason. Passives: Again, based on what you want it for. Master of wind will do nothing for you if you run anti crit astrals, and almost nothing in sylph arena/expedition. Same with Spirit of wind. Wind's breath is probably good. Breath shield is probably good enough.

For Triton: Theres a thread about him somewhere. Ice Shield is pretty good. Rain Dance is great. Delphic with the stun passive is good. You then get 2 damage skills (one being an amazing damage execute), another heal skill, an AE and a puri. Pick skills for how you use it, there arent really wrong answers if you do it that way. I havent found a reason not to use Ice Shield, Ice Bolt, Rain Dance, Delphic, Warm Spring, but I dont use mine for anywhere I need another attack skill. Passives: Oceans Mirror, Master of Water and the third one can be whatever. I dont get use from either of them, personally, because I dont use it as a primary sylph (and thus never have awakening points), and Spirit Well needs Warm Spring, which isnt one of the best 3 skills for most situations.

Dont re-skill until patch.
          Last edited by Barraind; 08-25-2015, 05:50 PM.

Comment

My first, wind sylph.

Name:	qa.jpg
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	1716479

My 2nd, water with skills for world boss surviving

Name:	qw.jpg
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	1716481

My 3rd, water with skills for pvp fights

Name:	qs.jpg
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	1716480

i choosed 2 water sylphs because very useful in expedition, sylph arena, cw, and many other cases where you need to survive, more than deal damage.
            about never use all other sylphs

Comment

First, some clarification. I play Russian Wartune (called Demon Slayer), we are like 2-3 patches below you. So my opinions may be a little outdated. Main differences are: we have no euds, no EF and NR MPDs (so, no red gear), no dual gems, no legendary talents, no guildboss, no goodies link, no way to improve influence (i. e. no third wheel of fate).

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
              I'm still thinking if my water & dark should specialize for sylph arena or carry-on. I still need them for MPDs, but they both have very few seps in so not sure if i could strengthen them in time for use BEFORE THE GAME CHANGES AGAIN. any ideas?
              Well, basic sepu is not an issue - you have a number of reliable sources (horns, sylph arena (they remove only adv sepu)), CQ (I know, it is a very time-consuming, but, with a goodies link, you have tons of imperial orders (or how they are called), so you can skip sylph quests). So, my idea is max out your herc and go for Triton. Than Hades (Gaia if you can) Than Medusa. Than Cerber. And then Apollo (Athena if you can). The thing is, hades have a very useful dispell skill, but medusa will be stronger (unless you make a Gaia).

apparently, i suffered badly in purgatory & NR (& in ef before it became much easier), & kinda did worse than i should for expedition & sky trail, all because 90% of my seps are in 1 sylph & my current secondary is light (not the best IMHO). no strong water/dark sylph really gets me in those places. now looking back, even fire has better skills than electro (at least it can shield & bleed). really not sure what to do. so puzzled :'(
              You are so wrong. It is not sepu that matters in purg and trail, it is resistance and influence. I know that a 400k (no eudaemon) chars pass purg till 18, 500k till 25. 700k pass it full 30. No influence. Purple or orange herc, full sepu. And lvl 7-8 resistance crystals. Same for trail. Four levels for S assessment - easy as a pie. That is 16 horns per day. And I believe this is just because they are lazy - not want to climb higher.

My skills:

Name:	Apo.jpg
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	1716490Click image for larger version

Name:	Cer.jpg
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	1716491Click image for larger version

Name:	Had.jpg
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	1716492Click image for larger version

Name:	Herc.jpg
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	1716493Click image for larger version

Name:	Med.jpg
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	1716494Click image for larger version

Name:	Trit.jpg
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	1716495

Hercules, Triton and Medusa are as I want them. Hades and Apollo will be reworked after evolution, Cerber is waiting rework too.
              Last edited by R299176373; 08-26-2015, 05:13 AM.

Comment

None of the above will matter. Just w8 untill next months new patch where we do not have to worry about overwriting sylph skill when learning them, and where you can chose what skills u want for specific battles.

Comment

Originally posted by Barraind View Post
                  ...long post...
                  hey thanks so much for the insightful response! *kudos & voted up*

any ideas which should be my second main sylph?

right now, i have a zeus helping to clear up bag space by eating up the adv. seps (i don't have that many of those any ways). he's still my main & still has the best gears on him, but i don't think i'd further upgrade him (not going to join the red sylph owners' club) unless i got too many adv. mahras & need to get rid of them for space.

athena & gaia are waiting on seps to max before 2nd refinement (athena 70% full gaia half full). not that i like them much (they look gorgeous, but skill wise i still like triton much better), but it seems like sometimes things becomes so much harder without them, and i need the sylph arena & expedition rewards. their main issue is skill cds. that was THE reason why i gave up on apollo as soon as electro was available (even tho he ate all the green balls at that time). my hero has terrible skill cds; i can't use a main sylph with the same issue. that was why hades/gaia never had seps to eat until zeus' disappointment (and my lack of motivation to spend). i don't need the short cd skills (bleed, debuff) much so my gaia basically has all long cd skills except bloodsucker. based on your info above, i don't need to redo gaia's skillbar coz i have the same skills you mentioned above.
                  frankly speaking, i like triton skills much better than the 3 i already put seps in; even dog has better skills than thunder beast (at least dog can shield & bleed). but triton really can't hit & my hp is too low with him on (base hp only 503k without sylph). dog wasn't chosen because he's PATK & i felt like my sylph needs to be the opposite ATK type for better flexibility (but now equal-power dog/fireman owners all kill me before i could electrify them...). snake is a support sylph but i'm the stronger player on team (and her skill cds are also long) so she wasn't chosen, but now after i dropped activity i'd prolly become the support role some day.
                  now is the time when i don't want to further enhance zeus but don't want to fall too far behind (and got too much space clutter ) for stop working on any sylphs. i'm not much of a casher so can't really have 6 (or 9? ) strong sylphs (all my $1k+ recharges were unplanned, non-strategic spending purely for my failure to resist the visual temptation of new clothes/mounts/sylphs). so which should be my second main? light, dark, water or fire?

Comment

...You are so wrong. It is not sepu that matters in purg and trail, it is resistance and influence. I know that a 400k (no eudaemon) chars pass purg till 18, 500k till 25. 700k pass it full 30. No influence. Purple or orange herc, full sepu. And lvl 7-8 resistance crystals. Same for trail. Four levels for S assessment - easy as a pie. That is 16 horns per day. And I believe this is just because they are lazy - not want to climb higher....
                    thanks so much for the info & nice pics!

i have all lvl9 res crystals & lvl6 will crystals. no active dimensions (quit dimensions completely). got owned by 2nd NR boss (either one owns me). apparently, i'm on a weak 2+2 team. i'm barely above the 2M mark (played for less than 70 hours in the past 3 months) & my hubby is 2.6M. the other 2 are free players 1.1M mage & 1.3M archer, with lvl8 res crystals; they are basically dead all the way after the first minute in this mpd. hubby & i have to enter first & die once to ensure we are on separate teams so the little ones can be carried. all 4 are zeus users so kind of half useless for 1st boss.

and yeah i messed up res for purgatory coz i thought they were non-elemental (didn't turn on skill effects to find out they weren't). was still wondering why they could hit me for 200k+ until i found out the purple shield wasn't on when they hit me. changed res & beat it on afk mode.

i still did much worse than i should for expedition & trail. helped by the top sylph on server & still stuck at 30 (one bad thing about living on a weak dead server). i only got 20 horns a day (plz don't laugh ). my mage friend with almost same BR (well...53k more br) & a much WEAKER gaia (29k less br than my zeus) beat IX-7. he has crazy matk (40k more than my patk) & slightly higher defense (both ways) than me, but other than that our stats aren't at all different. he always has 5 dimensions active while i have none; he plays 6+ hours a day while i just did blitzing & events & everything else is once a week. not sure if that's the difference.

Comment

thanks so much for the info & nice pics!

i still did much worse than i should for expedition & trail. helped by the top sylph on server & still stuck at 30 (one bad thing about living on a weak dead server). i only got 20 horns a day (plz don't laugh ). my mage friend with almost same BR (well...53k more br) & a much WEAKER gaia (29k less br than my zeus) beat IX-7. he has crazy matk (40k more than my patk) & slightly higher defense (both ways) than me, but other than that our stats aren't at all different. he always has 5 dimensions active while i have none; he plays 6+ hours a day while i just did blitzing & events & everything else is once a week. not sure if that's the difference.
                      Well, You are so ahead of me, so my opinion really don't be much of a use to you.
                      I'm 400k (no eud). 90k PATK, 43k PDEF, 40k MDEF. 6 lvl 8 crystals, 5 lvl7 crystals. Yesterday I passed sky trail 5-5 and call it a night. S assessment till 5-4. Not that I really need shards or tears, just for the sake of perfectionism.
                      I'm lvl 80, no advancement. Still pumping runes (atoll boss) before going advanced. So, no purg for me. But I saw ratings on purg and read other people thoughts, so I know about it.
                      I have purple 1-star herc, full sepu, 1 purple max enchant gear, other gear it blue, max enchant (75k), 1-star purple hades, full sepu, atk gear only (43k, waiting for some way to obtain divinity shards without buying), 1-star purple Triton, full sepu, no gear (60k), 1-star purple medusa 50k (still pumping it with sepu), 1-star Cerber, zero sepu (19k) and 5-star blue Appolo, zero sepu (16k).

I stuck at expedition lvl 15. No friend with a good PATK sylph. So, I pump my Medusa little by little and eventually I'll crack it. Top people on our server pass like 18 or 20. Top platform people boasted to pass 26 or 28.

So, About trail. Believe me, ATK and resist matters a lot. Once I removed my sylph for a reason and forgot to put it back. Changed res and go for a trail. I believe, it was 3-3. I beat it, without a sylph. It was a long fight, but still. Also, yesterday I tried 5-3 with my herc. No success. Changed it to Medusa and passed it on S, first try. If you get 20 horns per day, maybe you stuck at 6-1? Nasty lizard... There is a topic here about it. If not - try dimensions. They are pretty fast now (avoid mobs and search in circles or S-pattern)

Comment

...But I saw ratings on purg and read other people thoughts, so I know about it.
                        hmm...how can u see ratings on purg without class advancement? i do have an alt lvl80 without advancement & can't go into the purgatory tab.

I have purple 1-star herc, full sepu, 1 purple max enchant gear, other gear it blue, max enchant (75k), 1-star purple hades, full sepu, atk gear only (43k, waiting for some way to obtain divinity shards without buying), 1-star purple Triton, full sepu, no gear (60k), 1-star purple medusa 50k (still pumping it with sepu), 1-star Cerber, zero sepu (19k) and 5-star blue Appolo, zero sepu (16k).
                        wow...u have 3 maxed sylphs!!! i don't even have one maxed yet *blushes*

If you get 20 horns per day, maybe you stuck at 6-1? Nasty lizard... There is a topic here about it. If not - try dimensions. They are pretty fast now (avoid mobs and search in circles or S-pattern)
                        servers are down now so can't check. it's the very scary-looking grim reaper boss. i see his scary look every day when i go into sky trail & just want to kill him fast so he could get away from my sight, but i couldn't. he kills me before i could awaken. feeling so weak lol

Comment

hmm...how can u see ratings on purg without class advancement? i do have an alt lvl80 without advancement & can't go into the purgatory tab.
                          I have a second char. It is not prohibited in our platform to make twins or how they are called. I use it for kyanite and gold income. And also i carry him to 80 NM for refinement crystals (we have auction). It was a real pain to make a class advancement on him, but I managed...

wow...u have 3 maxed sylphs!!! i don't even have one maxed yet *blushes*
                          Well, not 3. Not even 1.. I see "maxed" as orange-maxed. So, there is still a long road. But, with farm, I can see the end now. Actually, only 2 are close to maxed - Herc and Trit. My Gaia will need a decent amount of 5.5k sepu once I evolve her from Hades...

servers are down now so can't check. it's the very scary-looking grim reaper boss. i see his scary look every day when i go into sky trail & just want to kill him fast so he could get away from my sight, but i couldn't. he kills me before i could awaken. feeling so weak lol
                          "Grim reaper" seems like a dark one. So, it should be 6-5. If you cant't awaken, you are either a weakling or have wrong resist crystals. The first - I do not believe it, otherwise you can't climb that high. So, it should be wrong resist. Our platform big guys say, that after floor 5 bosses grows gradually, not like 5 and 10 are much tougher than other. So, make all your resist crystal dark and equip dark sylph. Then see if you can stand a beating.

Comment

..."Grim reaper" seems like a dark one. So, it should be 6-5. If you cant't awaken, you are either a weakling or have wrong resist crystals. The first - I do not believe it, otherwise you can't climb that high. So, it should be wrong resist. Our platform big guys say, that after floor 5 bosses grows gradually, not like 5 and 10 are much tougher than other. So, make all your resist crystal dark and equip dark sylph. Then see if you can stand a beating...
                            i dunno...to me, dark was always a nightmare & hits too fast & too hard while light always moved too slow & they always lets me the weakling slip by on the 1st try
                            i just checked & found out my dark res is only 800 with no active dimensions (it was 1k+ before i went on vacation). guess this long vacation has seriously weakened me lol

Comment

Working...
                            X