Tanks Battles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tanks Battles

Can we please have a kick button for the leader so that he can kick idiots who turn up in the middle of a fight and just sit there? We have a guild in my server who does that for the lulz and there is nothing we can do to stop them from ruining the match for whatever team they end up in..

If you make a party you can invite/kick whoever you want before matching, those that sit on middle just want to get loser chest while afk, many on my server do that as well and can't blame them, tanks only worth for the mount shard right now for most old players.

Comment

to me, tanks now really is just worth the daily devotion (don't care about a 30 day mount or some nearly invisible br change).
      on my servers almost nobody does it & those who still do it often use alts to get it done fast.
      but i agree it's annoying when you start without a full team & fight for like 19 minutes & then some lazy bone(s) just snipe in & make 1 shot, & then sleep there idle for 5 minutes to pick up your rewards. they really shouldn't let anyone in after battle has started for so long.
      the other annoying thing is that no matter for how long you've been in a battle & how many points you have, if you disconnect/idle/stunned & couldn't get points for 5 minutes, all your points are gone. if you happen to get kicked from tanks after the 19 minute mark, your attempt is also gone. so i always prayed i didn't disconnect or lag out near the end, & nobody from the other side repeatedly stuns me for over 5 minutes (which happens quite often).
      my main started almost a year late on her server so wouldn't expect to win tanks unless the older players slack out for a year

Comment

Tanks seems to be a major cause of drama. The stun, especially if the other team gangs up on you, renders it unplayable (I've been afk booted due to being non stop stunned). I opt out because it really is such a hassle. The problem comes when there are players who enjoy tanks and like to battle running into or getting saddled with players doing the bare minimum for rewards.

A feature that I think would help would be for the devs to make it so that fast join fight only other fast join players and set team fight only other set team. That would reduce a lot of the issues people have. It seems like so much drama comes from some cupcake joining and sabotaging the team through their action (or afking) or from some cupcake being solo on the other side and just ditching, leaving the team with minimal rewards.

Comment

If the room leader locks out spots before starting, that should permanently lock out those spots. That would solve the problem easily, without making life difficult for regular quick-start players who just want whatever chest at the end.

The endless stuns is another issue entirely, and a big part of the reason so many people hate tanks so, so much.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
            If the room leader locks out spots before starting, that should permanently lock out those spots. That would solve the problem easily, without making life difficult for regular quick-start players who just want whatever chest at the end.

The endless stuns is another issue entirely, and a big part of the reason so many people hate tanks so, so much.
            i always locked all 3 spots but people still kept coming in after battle had started T_T that was over 6 months ago so not sure about now. been semi active since february.

Comment

It still happens. Once the game starts, people can come in, and we get ♥♥♥♥ who come in and just AFK, or worse, keep running around in circles so that they won't get kicked, but refuse to shoot.

And then we have that particular guild, who just love to sabotage others by whatever means they can, whether it is in MPD, DI, tanks, whatever. Ever seen someone deliberately kill the EF boss 1 prematurely 5 times in a row just so that it will get revived and spoil your timing for the simultaneous kill? I have.

At least in other things like MPD, you can kick the pukes when they warp in or once the MPD starts, they can no longer join. Not so in tanks. Once the game starts, they can do whatever they like and you can't do a thing.
              Last edited by MemoryLane; 08-28-2015, 02:33 AM. Reason: please mind the language

Comment

Yes, I should have been clearer - it should lock out those spots if you lock them in the waiting room. It does not, I've confirmed that over and over.

Comment

Ada james once again, do tanks with a team and you won't have problem with random players joining, if you go in alone it's your fault if u get in same team with noobs/people that don't wanna bother fighting.

Comment

Slowplay, somethings you have to go in with 3 people because no one else is interested. And then these tools warp in halfway. I would love to be able to lock them out, but that is not supported by the game as it stands. Hence, why I asked for the ability to kick them during the fight.

If you cannot grasp that concept, please refrain from replying further because you are adding nothing to the conversation.

Comment

As one these "Idiots" I would like to chime in, and defend my choices.
                      First of tanks is a boring monstrosity that really have no place in wartune. I really enjoy most parts of this game but tanks has absolutely no relevance in the game, its just a standalone add-on that feels very much out of sync with everything else in game. But it is still the best place to get a steady supply of runestones which I sorely need, and with the addition of the tank mount the importance has become even greater. So what do you do when you really despise the whole thing and would like it to just disappear from the game entirely and be replaced with some other mean of getting runestones?
                      Well you try to get it over with as easy as possible, and I'm sorry but that means going in at the last minute and afk'ing for the duration. I know this can screw over those few who takes tanks seriously but as it been stated numerous times, if you really enjoy this part of the game it or really want to do well it shouldn't be that hard to find a party of 4 to start with. Otherwise you know that you risk running into afk's and risk loosing because of it. But the alternative would be that I just start my own room go afk and lose in less than 1 min then you wouldn't gain much anyway so which is better do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by The_comic View Post
                        First of tanks is a boring monstrosity that really have no place in wartune. I really enjoy most parts of this game but tanks has absolutely no relevance in the game, its just a standalone add-on that feels very much out of sync with everything else in game. But it is still the best place to get a steady supply of runestones which I sorely need, and with the addition of the tank mount the importance has become even greater. So what do you do when you really despise the whole thing and would like it to just disappear from the game entirely and be replaced with some other mean of getting runestones?
                        Well you try to get it over with as easy as possible, and I'm sorry but that means going in at the last minute and afk'ing for the duration. I know this can screw over those few who takes tanks seriously but as it been stated numerous times, if you really enjoy this part of the game it or really want to do well it shouldn't be that hard to find a party of 4 to start with. Otherwise you know that you risk running into afk's and risk loosing because of it. But the alternative would be that I just start my own room go afk and lose in less than 1 min then you wouldn't gain much anyway so which is better do you think?
                        I haven't done tanks in a long time due to how much I hate it, so I might be off base here. If there are lots of people who just want to afk tanks, couldn't they all form teams close to the end and afk each other? Not sure if it still happens, but over a year ago when I did tanks, the event ended before a single shot was fired and both teams got victory rewards. If that still works, afk tanks people may well benefit from forming teams and matching vs each other just before the cutoff.

Comment

Originally posted by The_comic View Post
                          Then make your own room and start the fight solo, get beaten up and lose. Don't spoil it for other people by just sitting there when the battle rages all around you and make your team lose. You despise it, that is fine. It doesn't give you the right to wreck it for others.

What you have said is an extremely selfish outlook. It is all about you, and too bad to those you screwed over. Says more about you than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
                            Then make your own room and start the fight solo, get beaten up and lose. Don't spoil it for other people by just sitting there when the battle rages all around you and make your team lose. You despise it, that is fine. It doesn't give you the right to wreck it for others.

What you have said is an extremely selfish outlook. It is all about you, and too bad to those you screwed over. Says more about you than anything else.
                            Lock your room and all is fine. We use the quick battle option for a reason.

For me personally getting 20 more runestones aint worth the 20-30 mins of my time.
                            THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

For the last time, locking the room doesn't work when people quick join when you are already in the fight.

Comment

Working...
                              X