Tanks Battles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KS222 View Post
    I haven't done tanks in a long time due to how much I hate it, so I might be off base here. If there are lots of people who just want to afk tanks, couldn't they all form teams close to the end and afk each other? Not sure if it still happens, but over a year ago when I did tanks, the event ended before a single shot was fired and both teams got victory rewards. If that still works, afk tanks people may well benefit from forming teams and matching vs each other just before the cutoff.
    Yeah theoretically I could do that but it would be hard to organize everyday as many who want quick tank battle have alts and do it with them, but of course this would be the optimal solution for all.

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
    Then make your own room and start the fight solo, get beaten up and lose. Don't spoil it for other people by just sitting there when the battle rages all around you and make your team lose. You despise it, that is fine. It doesn't give you the right to wreck it for others.

What you have said is an extremely selfish outlook. It is all about you, and too bad to those you screwed over. Says more about you than anything else.

Why did I just know you would answer with a personal attack instead of considering what I wrote, I have on occasion started a room alone but that also screws over other players.
    First of the new players who need exp for their tanks will end up in a fight that can be over in minutes if they are on a team with older players that kill me fast a couple of times and gain very little. This has happened several times and to be honest this is a much greater concern for me than some old player once in a while getting a loss because of me coming in the last 5 mins.
    Secondly if someone manages to get into my team before I'm killed they will almost certainly get a loss because of it and I don’t see how that’s any better than joining the last 5 mins, except that it will hit those without regular teams and use quick join every-time and therefore not be your problem anymore.

So yeah I might be a bit selfish but are you really any better? Remember every time you point your finger at someone else 3 fingers is pointing back at you.

Comment

And people like you is why I want that kick button. Go get your shard off your own efforts instead of destroying other people's pleasure.

Comment

Then make your own room and start the fight solo
        That's been changed long ago, starting match solo works same as quickmatch.

Comment

And people like you is why I want that kick button. Go get your shard off your own efforts instead of destroying other people's pleasure.
          So if we dont play by your rules/standards we dont deserve to do tanks and get the rewards we need. As I tried to explain to you earlier going AFK will always "destroy" someones pleasure.

But thanks for confirming that you dont read replies to your post and only want to be confirmed in your opinon.
          Bye dude I'm done wasting my time on you.

Comment

Perhaps something players can do is come to tacit agreements? The serious teams start right when tanks is kicking off; the afkers close to when it ends. Accidentally join a "real" team, ditch and retry to get into an afk team? The person who ditches does not lose attempt, so they'd be free to ditch as often as it takes.

Just seems if the devs won't take action to fix the problem, players might be able to work it out themselves. At least make an effort to allow both kinds of tanks "players" to do it their way without causing each other grief when possible.

Comment

I haven't done tanks in a long time due to how much I hate it, so I might be off base here. If there are lots of people who just want to afk tanks, couldn't they all form teams close to the end and afk each other? Not sure if it still happens, but over a year ago when I did tanks, the event ended before a single shot was fired and both teams got victory rewards. If that still works, afk tanks people may well benefit from forming teams and matching vs each other just before the cutoff.
              that was a bug 2 years ago. if you entered tanks in the last 5 minutes, you automatically win.
              that COULD BE the reason why they "optimized" it by locking people out before the last 5 minutes.
              now it can't happen. you have to enter tanks before the last 5 minutes & get at least 1 point before the 24 minute mark to avoid kick outs.
              unlike BG, where you can't get kicked in the last 5 minutes with no score change, tanks kicks people out EVEN DURING THE LAST 5 MINUTES.
              that's why i had to pray i don't get stunned over & over for 5 minutes straight & then kicked without mercy T_T

Comment

Originally posted by The_comic View Post
                As one these "Idiots" I would like to chime in, and defend my choices.
                First of tanks is a boring monstrosity that really have no place in wartune. I really enjoy most parts of this game but tanks has absolutely no relevance in the game, its just a standalone add-on that feels very much out of sync with everything else in game. But it is still the best place to get a steady supply of runestones which I sorely need, and with the addition of the tank mount the importance has become even greater. So what do you do when you really despise the whole thing and would like it to just disappear from the game entirely and be replaced with some other mean of getting runestones?
                Well you try to get it over with as easy as possible, and I'm sorry but that means going in at the last minute and afk'ing for the duration. I know this can screw over those few who takes tanks seriously but as it been stated numerous times, if you really enjoy this part of the game it or really want to do well it shouldn't be that hard to find a party of 4 to start with. Otherwise you know that you risk running into afk's and risk loosing because of it. But the alternative would be that I just start my own room go afk and lose in less than 1 min then you wouldn't gain much anyway so which is better do you think?
                well, they should just make tanks like steel war, where you got nothing for not contributing to your team.
                i know that this game has lots not-so-interesting places that you hate but still NEED the rewards desperately.
                but what you did is to base your gain on others'. by 'gain' i meant not just rewards but GAME EXPERIENCE.
                you aren't the first or only one who had ruined the game for others & caused many engaged players to quit.
                i know that lots events in this game forces you to base your gain on others, especially bg.
                there's not much we could do, but please don't abuse another feature that wasn't designed for that purpose.

Comment

Perhaps something players can do is come to tacit agreements? The serious teams start right when tanks is kicking off; the afkers close to when it ends. Accidentally join a "real" team, ditch and retry to get into an afk team? The person who ditches does not lose attempt, so they'd be free to ditch as often as it takes.

Just seems if the devs won't take action to fix the problem, players might be able to work it out themselves. At least make an effort to allow both kinds of tanks "players" to do it their way without causing each other grief when possible.
                  on most of my servers there's basically no good way to get a tanks battle started.
                  matching often takes 10+ minutes & at times just keep matching past the 19 minute mark & couldn't start at all.
                  there's big risk to leave & expect to get into another room if one ever exists at all.
                  that's why most who do tanks have to rely on alts to get it done. sometimes if their alt joins another fuller room, they would exit & search for the room ID to join it.
                  the bad part is that most people just leave & don't bother to give you a kill if their alt matches against someone other than their main.
                  i don't blame them as the matching still takes time between their main & alt (for an unknown reason but it still takes over a minute even if both are waiting to join).

Comment

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
                    well, they should just make tanks like steel war, where you got nothing for not contributing to your team.
                    i know that this game has lots not-so-interesting places that you hate but still NEED the rewards desperately.
                    but what you did is to base your gain on others'. by 'gain' i meant not just rewards but GAME EXPERIENCE.
                    you aren't the first or only one who had ruined the game for others & caused many engaged players to quit.
                    i know that lots events in this game forces you to base your gain on others, especially bg.
                    there's not much we could do, but please don't abuse another feature that wasn't designed for that purpose.

I dont think making tanks work like steel war would solve anything, first of there is always loopholes and it would again penalize new and weak players. In steel war it was to hard to get to the required points and as a result the all weak players fought hearts out in the event and got nothing from their hard work. So if a point minimum was to be implemented in tanks it would have to be set so low that older players (that are more likely to be the ones who AFK) wouldn't need more than a few token attacks to reach it, otherwise it would cause many engaged new players to quit as they would feel screwed over.

But this is exactly the point I've been trying to make all along. Tanks has no place in wartune it has no relevance to the rest of the game and it takes too long, being forced to spend up 30 minutes on it daily when there is so many other things you need to do in your limited time will invariably lead to many people trying to find short-cuts and loopholes in the system. I hope you realize by now there will always be someone that will be unhappy with it and end up rage-quitting over it as making a perfect system is an impossibility.

Besides blaming players for trying to maximize their outcome in a broken system is really not very constructive. Your statements about basing gain on others is kinda weak as the whole idea in wartune is in some way about basing your gains no others, every MPD and PVP event in the game revolves around that concept and wouldn't be possible without other players either helping out or losing something.

I think a possible solution would be to remove runes as a reward for tanks and make them drop from somewhere else while still keeping the tank mount. That would remove a lot of the incentive for doing it for those that find it boring and still reward those that like with a little extra power. Other than that I don't see any way to satisfy everyone, granted there will still be those that go in and AFK to get the tank mount but I think the vast majority will abandon tanks and spend their precious gaming-time on other things.

Comment

Tanks is not like Steel Wars in that your stats and BR does not factor into it. In fact, it was created so that weak players are NOT screwed over by stronger players. It is the one place in the game where this does not happen. You either do not know how the game operates or you don't bother reading people's posts at all and just put your own spin on things.

Therefore, a Steel War TYPE of system where there is a minimum threshold of points before you get anything is actually workable.

I fail to see why we even need it. Just give the leader the option to kick players would solve all of the angst.

However, I do know why you are totally against it. It would mean you will never get any tank shards and runes. People like you are probably already infamous within your server. They know you are there to AFK and drag their team down. The second you appear, you will be booted, probably before you even complete loading. And that will keep happening in whichever room you join until the no-join timer kicks in.

There is nothing more pathetic than seeing a leech trying to defend its "right" to leech.
                      Last edited by AdaJames; 08-29-2015, 11:48 AM.

Comment

However, I do know why you are totally against it. It would mean you will never get any tank shards and runes. People like you are probably already infamous within your server. They know you are there to AFK and drag their team down. The second you appear, you will be booted, probably before you even complete loading. And that will keep happening in whichever room you join until the no-join timer kicks in.

There is nothing more pathetic than seeing a leech trying to defend its "right" to leech.
                        On my server there's plenty of people that afk tanks and noone complain about them, they actually help those that do tanks in a team to get it done quicker. Also pretty much everyone has an alt somewhere so if someone is stuck on matching someone else can log the alt and match against him (i actually do that quite often, log alt and match against everyone so everyone get winner chest). From your posts it seem to me that you're the one that get all the hate on your server tbh, else i don't understand how u can't get a team of 4 for tanks and have to ask for a kick option totally unnecessary.

Comment

Tanks is not like Steel Wars in that your stats and BR does not factor into it. In fact, it was created so that weak players are NOT screwed over by stronger players. It is the one place in the game where this does not happen. You either do not know how the game operates or you don't bother reading people's posts at all and just put your own spin on things.

Therefore, a Steel War TYPE of system where there is a minimum threshold of points before you get anything is actually workable.

I fail to see why we even need it. Just give the leader the option to kick players would solve all of the angst.

And as per usual you ignore every argument and fact that doesn't fit your own agenda, as I already told you earlier you would do well to remember every time you point your finger at someone else you have 3 fingers pointing back at yourself.

So there is no difference between a old player with a lvl 30 Predator and new player with a lvl 3 turbo turret? And where have I ever said that I'm against a kick button???

For once do try and read what other people instead of just going on with your whiny self righteous rants. I was only trying to bring some perspective to the discussion in order to show that there's always two sides to every discussion and that every choice will affect someone in some way. All this knowing full well that you would just persist in your stream of demands of what you see as the ultimate truth and ignore every argument and instead resort to insults of every one not agreeing with you in this case me.

This is a forum for all players of wartune to discuss matters of the game and of course there will be as many different opinions as there are players, if you cant accept that and partake in the discussion using arguments and logic go find a bridge to hide under and let the rest of us have a constructive discussion without all your drama.

Comment

I dont think making tanks work like steel war would solve anything, first of there is always loopholes and it would again penalize new and weak players. In steel war it was to hard to get to the required points and as a result the all weak players fought hearts out in the event and got nothing from their hard work. So if a point minimum was to be implemented in tanks it would have to be set so low that older players (that are more likely to be the ones who AFK) wouldn't need more than a few token attacks to reach it, otherwise it would cause many engaged new players to quit as they would feel screwed over.

But this is exactly the point I've been trying to make all along. Tanks has no place in wartune it has no relevance to the rest of the game and it takes too long, being forced to spend up 30 minutes on it daily when there is so many other things you need to do in your limited time will invariably lead to many people trying to find short-cuts and loopholes in the system. I hope you realize by now there will always be someone that will be unhappy with it and end up rage-quitting over it as making a perfect system is an impossibility.

Besides blaming players for trying to maximize their outcome in a broken system is really not very constructive. Your statements about basing gain on others is kinda weak as the whole idea in wartune is in some way about basing your gains no others, every MPD and PVP event in the game revolves around that concept and wouldn't be possible without other players either helping out or losing something.

I think a possible solution would be to remove runes as a reward for tanks and make them drop from somewhere else while still keeping the tank mount. That would remove a lot of the incentive for doing it for those that find it boring and still reward those that like with a little extra power. Other than that I don't see any way to satisfy everyone, granted there will still be those that go in and AFK to get the tank mount but I think the vast majority will abandon tanks and spend their precious gaming-time on other things.
                            that steel war statement is just for match breakers like you
                            issue is not that you do, but that you make others' life harder & still try to force the victims to accept their bad experience.
                            to many people, that fits in the notion of a jerk.
                            what you do is your own choice. what i express is the feelings of your victims.
                            i would just not run with & not help anyone who does that sort of things to other people.

Comment

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
                              that steel war statement is just for match breakers like you
                              issue is not that you do, but that you make others' life harder & still try to force the victims to accept their bad experience.
                              to many people, that fits in the notion of a jerk.
                              what you do is your own choice. what i express is the feelings of your victims.
                              i would just not run with & not help anyone who does that sort of things to other people.

Ok so you decided to pick up where AdaJames left off with totally ignoring every argument and explanation I made and only focus on how people who don't conform to your narrow view of what is right are evil incarnate and should be punished and shunned as much as possible. And please lay of the victimhood and pretend that someone going AFK in tanks is a pariah that ruins the game and destroy whatever fun you could have had if the game was only played by the truly righteous and pure of heart.
                              Luckily I don't need your or any others help in fact I'm often the one helping out others doing multiple MPD and arena runs daily just to help out those that need, both because I want to see others get stronger and help my server flourish and because I genuinely enjoy playing the game.
                              But I guess that because I really loathe a small part of the and try to get it over with as quickly and painless as possible it justifies you resorting to name-calling and trying to make me the villain that ruins the game for everyone. To be honest I feel sorry for you guys needing to blame others for your own shortcomings, and not being able to enjoy the game in its own merit but instead only looking at how you lose out because of other players who choose to do things differently than you.

Comment

Ok so you decided to pick up where AdaJames left off with totally ignoring every argument and explanation I made and only focus on how people who don't conform to your narrow view of what is right are evil incarnate and should be punished and shunned as much as possible. And please lay of the victimhood and pretend that someone going AFK in tanks is a pariah that ruins the game and destroy whatever fun you could have had if the game was only played by the truly righteous and pure of heart.
                                Luckily I don't need your or any others help in fact I'm often the one helping out others doing multiple MPD and arena runs daily just to help out those that need, both because I want to see others get stronger and help my server flourish and because I genuinely enjoy playing the game.
                                But I guess that because I really loathe a small part of the and try to get it over with as quickly and painless as possible it justifies you resorting to name-calling and trying to make me the villain that ruins the game for everyone. To be honest I feel sorry for you guys needing to blame others for your own shortcomings, and not being able to enjoy the game in its own merit but instead only looking at how you lose out because of other players who choose to do things differently than you.
                                tl;dr

the point is, you know it isn't pleasant experience for others but still have to do it, then please don't justify it & prove it's others' fault. you are the one who controls your own action, which affects other people, so who should be accountable? just common sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X