Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

The Moderators and other Support people in forum, do you Play the Game?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Moderators and other Support people in forum, do you Play the Game?

Hi,

Just a question to you Moderators and other Support people in the forum.

Do you play the game?

I wonder, because sometimes we say something is broken in the game and you want more
    information what the exact problem is.

For example, the Astral Problem we have now, it would be very easy for you mods and other
    support people to check out whats wrong just by going into the game and try it out.

You Mods and other support people know what info you need to send it further to whatever next
    station is.

Just a thought
    Best Regards,

BrooBee

Character Type: Mage
    Guild: Ragnarok
    Server: S213 - Felmarsh
    Platform: R2Games
    Client: Mini Client

P.S Yes, I am a very angry customer as of now, since I have been treated like a dead ant in the woods by the DEVS D.S

I think the same thing. If they actually play the game, they would not need a screenshot of every little thing. I understand that some stuff warrants a screen shot but not every little thing. Lots of things, a screenshot does not show the problem.
    Last edited by R262181389; 08-27-2015, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Not all servers have the same bug, so that bug might not exist on the moderators server. And they accepted my bug threads tihout screenshots when a screenshot wouldn't show the problem

Comment

I know gff used to play and getting gamebreaking bug reported right away was far easier for us back then when she was mod, suck that she took all the **** for the hall of failure and decided to quit with wartune. I think most mod now just gave up and are keeping support attitude of asking for screenshot etc instead of doing as much as they could to get stuff fixed, can't blame them much because they just are r2/7road meat shield and they aren't even paid to deal with all that ****.

Comment

Some mods do play currently, yes. Some don't anymore, but still stick around here because they care. Sometimes we hate asking for screenshots when an issue is completely obvious if the devs would just take a moment to log into the game and click on one thing, but the devs require them in all reports. Sometimes we can get screenshots on our own. Like, I will only ask for a screenshot of a server connection issue when I can't replicate it myself. Sometimes we just aren't encountering the same issue, whether it be we don't have access to whatever, we haven't done it yet, or it's just not affecting everyone. Other times, we just aren't at a computer to get it and we don't want to wait to report the issue. Regardless, a screenshot of an issue when a screenshot is able to be taken has always been a reporting requirement.

SlowPlay, GFF had many people who would send screenshots to her over on Kong, so she didn't need to ask anyone here for one. She went through the same channels and hassles we all go through, the only difference is the devs were a little faster in responding to issues than they seem to be now.
          New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
            SlowPlay, GFF had many people who would send screenshots to her over on Kong, so she didn't need to ask anyone here for one. She went through the same channels and hassles we all go through, the only difference is the devs were a little faster in responding to issues than they seem to be now.
            I know, i play on kong but i do remember for istance that if a server was down, we didn't need to post a screenshot, she prolly took it herself or w/e, overall it just looked like she did care more than those that are still mod now do, just a personal opinion and as i said, i can't blame you guys for not taking every issue personally because it'd drive you all crazy. Also about support being faster, i saw that change too, on my 1st year i used to report bug and get a reply in a couple hours, now if i bother open a ticket i get a reply not before a couple days and i don't think there are than many more players, more server for sure but i actually think overall number of players has to be lower now.

Comment

Yes, I am someone who is a player, and a Mentor. Sadly though.. when a bug afflicts one person or a small handful its not platform wide. Sometimes its stuck to one person or just that server or time zone region.. So we have to ask for a lot of information that may make people roll their eyes.. but the more information we have the better suited and armed we are to get them the needed help for it.

As always though, we really appreciate the patience you have with us while we try to help as sometimes.. its not as clear cut as do this or do that.. and when it takes a while.. it can be maddening.. so thanks so much for being patient while we try to assist.
              Always.. Always.. Always be yourself.. unless you can be BATMENTOR! Then always be BATMENTOR muahahahahahahah! (PS: BATMENTOR has Batcupcakes, Batcookies, and Batcake. PS: they just gave me a BatPizza Oven *WOOHOO!*) Bugs can be reported here. Please Read the new format. Check out the Support Page.

Comment

I think the main point that needs to be taken from the player's posts here is that some of the mods have an attitude problem where player complaints are concerned. That was what prompted me to post about Magik's customer oriented post the other day.

What should have been standard professional operating procedure for a customer service is now taken and reacted to like it is unusual and above and beyond. That says much about the average quality of the customer service given by the mods here.

Comment

I was thinking of the recurring things that happens in the game, like the Astral Bug.

You get a report about the Astral Bug we had before, you go in to the game and test
                  it, if it is the same, report it to whoever you report to next.

I mean in general so you can go out an check a little for your self
                  Best Regards,

BrooBee

P.S Yes, I am a very angry customer as of now, since I have been treated like a dead ant in the woods by the DEVS D.S

Comment

Originally posted by BrooBee View Post
                    I was thinking of the recurring things that happens in the game, like the Astral Bug.

You get a report about the Astral Bug we had before, you go in to the game and test
                    it, if it is the same, report it to whoever you report to next.

I mean in general so you can go out an check a little for your self
                    Like Memory said, we often do that. Thing is that there are a lot of variables that come into play, and mods aren't able to recreate everything. Maybe said mod just spend all their gold on something else and can't do astrals at that moment. Maybe said mod isn't focussing on astrals at all for a while. The fact mods don't say they're testing doesn't mean they're not.
                    "The trolls of the Ramtops call her Aaoograha hoa ("She Who Must Be Avoided")
                    and the dwarf name for her, K'ez'rek d'b'duz, translates to "Go Around the Other Side of the Mountain."

On holiday. Please refer any issues to

Comment

Originally posted by EsmeWeatherwax View Post
                      Like Memory said, we often do that. Thing is that there are a lot of variables that come into play, and mods aren't able to recreate everything. Maybe said mod just spend all their gold on something else and can't do astrals at that moment. Maybe said mod isn't focussing on astrals at all for a while. The fact mods don't say they're testing doesn't mean they're not.
                      Ok ok, Just thought you had the possibility to use a special account and login and test.

Would be great tho. Invisible for us others to see that toon but you can check problems
                      that have been reported.
                      Best Regards,

BrooBee

Comment

We wish we had a special account to use to test things. That request keeps being denied.
                        New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Working...
                        X