Announcement

Collapse

Crystal Saga Costume Design Contest

Play Crystal Saga or Crystal Saga 2 and have ideas for new costumes? Enter the Costume Design Contest! Click here for more information
See more
See less

Eudaemon 101

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Eudaemon 101

    Been away since patch which introduced Eudaemons and so I have a few(I hope) questions
    I see everyone(mostly) using mage Eudaemon; back when they introduced them I picked archer(Sanctuary Hunter); Did i make a mistake or something? and why so?coz the archer has been serving me well on the part of damage and tanking(I hope);I cleared L10necro;and other bunch of events so mage;not likely
    And; am I wrong but is Eudaemon generally stronger than me;esp with sylph on it
    Considering my Eudaemon is fresh; L1;nothing on it; still stronger than me
    Anything else I need to know; please tell me
    Mad love for my crew

    The golden rule in wartune
    Maximizeâ„¢
    Guess whose back with trouble?
    ©S174

  • #2
    I started out with an archer as well and decided to switch to mage. One reason is because the eudaemon's damage does not count in places like WB and archers are better known for damage. So I decided to go with support with a mage.

    As far as the eudaemon being stronger than your toon, I am not sure how they calculate that. But mine is also stronger than me.

    Comment


    • #3
      The reason why they are strong than you, especially in defence and hp, is that they don't have the damage reduction stuff that you do. Talents, skills, astral, whatever. They need the higher stats to compensate or they end up like troops: dead in 1 round.

      Comment


      • #4
        There is no right or wrong choice for a Eudaemon. It is really personal preference. As they level they get a portion of your stats though. A lot of people though, seem to take the mage because it has multiple healing skills and the one delphic adds a slight attack boost for the player for a few rounds which even though its small.. a few percent can often make a massive difference. With two of the three wartune classes not being healers.. that could also be why there are so many mage eudaemon.

        But regardless when choosing one, always remember it is personal preference. Sit back, think hard and decide which one will best suit your attack strategy. Also remember any selected after the first one, are ALL random.

        Good Luck!
        Always.. Always.. Always be yourself.. unless you can be BATMENTOR! Then always be BATMENTOR muahahahahahahah! (PS: BATMENTOR has Batcupcakes, Batcookies, and Batcake. PS: they just gave me a BatPizza Oven *WOOHOO!*) Bugs can be reported here. Please Read the new format. Check out the Support Page.

        Comment


        • #5
          But Archer also has support buffs like deep freeze;incidiery shot(the one which reduces damage dealt); Delphic which reduces damage received and tanking if that counts
          Can't these count as support?
          Mad love for my crew

          The golden rule in wartune
          Maximizeâ„¢
          Guess whose back with trouble?
          ©S174

          Comment


          • #6
            Not really.

            Your toon would tank far better than the kid as far as I can see. Like I said, no damage reduction stuff really kills them.

            I prefer to outsource stuff to the kid that is other than blasting. That means even as a mage, it is my kid who heals while I concentrate on blowing stuff up. It also acts as extra single target damage with Thunderer because my mage is mainly AoE. Archers won't give me that and as a mage, I am too squishy to go into prolonged battles without healing support.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by sweetwaters View Post
              But Archer also has support buffs like deep freeze;incidiery shot(the one which reduces damage dealt); Delphic which reduces damage received and tanking if that counts
              Can't these count as support?
              Which one you choose is really a matter of personal preference and how your toon is built/configured. Even then, that's just for the one that is running with you for everything. With the Bounty targets for Eudaemon's you'll probably end up with several. I play a knight and i run with a mage to give me extra heals. I've built him up enough that even the mages i run with don't worry as much about keeping us healed and focus more on damage which lets us get through fights faster. I'm not sure if there is a "wrong" choice just that which one you pick will have an influence on how you play.

              Comment


              • #8
                OK
                I could use heals as a knight but then again the archer
                That's food for thought
                Mad love for my crew

                The golden rule in wartune
                Maximizeâ„¢
                Guess whose back with trouble?
                ©S174

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by sweetwaters View Post
                  Been away since patch which introduced Eudaemons and so I have a few(I hope) questions
                  I see everyone(mostly) using mage Eudaemon; back when they introduced them I picked archer(Sanctuary Hunter); Did i make a mistake or something? and why so?coz the archer has been serving me well on the part of damage and tanking(I hope);I cleared L10necro;and other bunch of events so mage;not likely
                  And; am I wrong but is Eudaemon generally stronger than me;esp with sylph on it
                  Considering my Eudaemon is fresh; L1;nothing on it; still stronger than me
                  Anything else I need to know; please tell me
                  welcome back!

                  eudaemon stats & br are just plain numbers (to give YOU a bigger br for HoF? ). your hero is still stronger, just with smaller numbers attached to it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hmm… come to think of it;I think(I know lol)mage could server me better but……then……
                    I saw sylph can 'follow' Eudaemon; so why can they awaken or something? or did i miss something lol
                    Mad love for my crew

                    The golden rule in wartune
                    Maximizeâ„¢
                    Guess whose back with trouble?
                    ©S174

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by sweetwaters View Post
                      Hmm… come to think of it;I think(I know lol)mage could server me better but……then……
                      I saw sylph can 'follow' Eudaemon; so why can they awaken or something? or did i miss something lol
                      So far there is no way to awaken your kids slyph. I am sure they will add that to a future patch.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by R262181389 View Post
                        So far there is no way to awaken your kids slyph. I am sure they will add that to a future patch.
                        Bummer!They should implement it
                        Mad love for my crew

                        The golden rule in wartune
                        Maximizeâ„¢
                        Guess whose back with trouble?
                        ©S174

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          There is a chance that they won't but don't let that bring you down. Even in Chinese Wartune, kids have been introduced for 1+ year and the kids over there, still can't awaken their Sylphs.
                          Originally posted by R262181389 View Post
                          So far there is no way to awaken your kids slyph. I am sure they will add that to a future patch.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by KrishnaWartune View Post
                            There is a chance that they won't but don't let that bring you down. Even in Chinese Wartune, kids have been introduced for 1+ year and the kids over there, still can't awaken their Sylphs.
                            What's the point of having them 'follow' the Eudaemon if they can't awaken; for some more fake Br and maybe some slight stats; maybe but
                            Mad love for my crew

                            The golden rule in wartune
                            Maximizeâ„¢
                            Guess whose back with trouble?
                            ©S174

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by KrishnaWartune View Post
                              There is a chance that they won't but don't let that bring you down. Even in Chinese Wartune, kids have been introduced for 1+ year and the kids over there, still can't awaken their Sylphs.
                              Well then why even add that if they have no plans of being able to use them anytime soon? That just causes the potential for more unnecessary bugs.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X