To upgrade, or not to?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To upgrade, or not to?

Got enough shards to upgrade 2 pieces of 80 gears to red.
    1 is holy forge level 3 grade 8. the other is level 3 grade 1.
    Both have all 10-star stats, but not all are the stats I want.

Right now, if I upgrade them, I would have to redo the enchantment & beg luck for the refinement crystals, & still need to do old HF.
    It feels like the only difference is the lack of refinement after upgrade.

But if I don't, it feels like the wait time is going to be forever.
    I only get some 200-400 HF pieces per week; not strong enough to clear NR (got 2 sub-1.3M weaklings on team) & not going to pay for any stoves or hammers. Both pieces are still way too far from max.
    I stopped doing ef long time ago so rely on blitzing to get smaller refinement crystals & synthesize them into bigger ones. A perfect refinement is also a long way to go.

So to upgrade, or not to?

For red gear you need elite refinement crystal (cw shop is one of the source) so don't bother about refine too much, they're a small part anyway. Red gear itself isn't that huge boost too unless you got it maxed on forge and want to start with the moon, it is tho a huge drain of gold. Atm i could make 4 more pieces red but i'm waiting because it's just too much gold for too little, rather save gold for the stuff that i really need (kids skill chest, dims chest, refine astral slot and holy forge event).

Comment

SlowPlay is correct.

If you upgrade your gear to Mythic, the method of refinement changes drastically. You can gain these elite refinement crystals in the shop of turmoil which I think is for the Chaos War, and then there is also the Titan Wars shop which also maintains these crystals. To do one refinement attempt, it will cost you twenty-four of those crystals. So good luck whichever route you choose to go.
      Always.. Always.. Always be yourself.. unless you can be BATMENTOR! Then always be BATMENTOR muahahahahahahah! (PS: BATMENTOR has Batcupcakes, Batcookies, and Batcake. PS: they just gave me a BatPizza Oven *WOOHOO!*) Bugs can be reported here. Please Read the new format. Check out the Support Page.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowPlay View Post
        For red gear you need elite refinement crystal (cw shop is one of the source) so don't bother about refine too much, they're a small part anyway. Red gear itself isn't that huge boost too unless you got it maxed on forge and want to start with the moon, it is tho a huge drain of gold. Atm i could make 4 more pieces red but i'm waiting because it's just too much gold for too little, rather save gold for the stuff that i really need (kids skill chest, dims chest, refine astral slot and holy forge event).
        ahh glad i'm not alone. everyone around me makes red gear as soon as they got the HF level & shards. they've been laughing at my full orange set. but i don't see much difference on them other than the inability to use refinement crystals from blitzing, & the huge amount of gold they spent on it (to show off their gold-rich-ness?). i've been off wb for so long that anyone who plunders me before i log out would get less than 6k gold XD

Comment

Unless you want specific bonuses, dont bother upgrading until you have Weapon, Armor and Helm at max HF for orange and have a lot of refine crystals saved. You wont want to do HF on it until a HF event anyway, if you just make it red to make it red, youre going to spend ~160m for about 600 atk or def. Thats money better spent, most of the time, considering you can get it whenever.

Comment

Originally posted by Barraind View Post
            Unless you want specific bonuses, dont bother upgrading until you have Weapon, Armor and Helm at max HF
            That's wrong, as soon as you hit the 8.10 on hf you should upgrade so you can start doing holy forge again on the red gear. I'm now on 3.3 moon on weapon and the boost is huge.

Comment

As far as I know, when you make red piece, you do not lose your refinement, only enchantment. But, refinements with elite crystals are much better (see a certain gossip site for details). So, my thought is: have a spare 500m gold - go for red. If not - better HF your orange gear to 8-10 first.

Comment

Originally posted by R299176373 View Post
                As far as I know, when you make red piece, you do not lose your refinement, only enchantment. But, refinements with elite crystals are much better (see a certain gossip site for details). So, my thought is: have a spare 500m gold - go for red. If not - better HF your orange gear to 8-10 first.
                The problem with refine is that you need to get them from cw or whatever, losing on clamps which is a huge setback for a little upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowPlay View Post
                  The problem with refine is that you need to get them from cw or whatever, losing on clamps which is a huge setback for a little upgrade.
                  I do not get your point. If you can not afford elite crystals - you can just leave refinement from orange. It is not lost during making red gear. So, to me red gear is is plain and simple - 500m gold for +708BR (weapon).

Comment

Originally posted by R299176373 View Post
                    I do not get your point. If you can not afford elite crystals - you can just leave refinement from orange. It is not lost during making red gear. So, to me red gear is is plain and simple - 500m gold for +708BR (weapon).
                    the point is: if you still have bad refinement on your orange gear, dont upgrade it yet until you are satisfied enough with it.

btw, im pretty sure that synth+enchant to lvl 36 for red gear only cost 170-180m gold.
                    Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                    Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                      the point is: if you still have bad refinement on your orange gear, dont upgrade it yet until you are satisfied enough with it...
                      that's the plan. i need to get refinement done as much as possible so that i could leave refinement off on red gears until i could get the crystals in bulk. i still have stats refinement (patk, pdef, mdef, hp) on some pieces. i need to get them all to the attributes refinement (str, def, end). and...shamefully admit my gold reserve is very low due to lack of wb participation, so have to choose between enchantment & HF & eudy/dim chests if i do the upgrade.

Comment

Total upgrade+enchant cost is 175.6m for oj-> red

Level 1 of red level refines are better than level 10 of oj level refines also...so just getting them to the correct stats will be enough to get much much better stats than oj refines can give you...on the other hand, refones are a very minor part of your stats, at least for now

The main point to upgrading is getting the +20% higher base stats on the gear(which also makes your hf give 20% more stats per level/grade)...at minimum 2.10 it is maybe 1-2k stats, at 8.10 it is more like 4-8k base stats for you, depending on piece

Comment

the thing is, by the rumors on next patch refining wouldnt give you random lower stats, only same level of different stat or higher level on same stat.
                          Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                          Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                            the thing is, by the rumors on next patch refining wouldnt give you random lower stats, only same level of different stat or higher level on same stat.
                            I heard Sky Trail is going to change in next patch. Any suggestions on what to do? (not allowed to discuss future patches in here so just tell me what to do )

Comment

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
                              I heard Sky Trail is going to change in next patch. Any suggestions on what to do? (not allowed to discuss future patches in here so just tell me what to do )
                              It all depends on how far are you on sky trail and what resources you have and need. What can one get from Trail? Sand, tear shards, will shards, sepu, mahra, celestial stone. Among this, only sand you will be missing. So, if you have plenty of sand (enough for evolves) - you can do nothing. If you are low on sand - start farming it. So, complete S assessments, go as far as you can. And use all your celestial stones (remove your gear, sylph, etc to make it faster).

Comment

Working...
                              X