Sky Trail 6-5: bug or what?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sky Trail 6-5: bug or what?

So, I can't figure out this damn boss. If you can't remember it, it's the dark boss that casts reflect (x3 duration) every 6 turns and -30%dmg debuff. I am a 162k BR archer and have tried every trick in the book. My dark RES is 1000+ at this point using gaia, or a bit less if i try zeus.
    The problem for me is basically dmg, 140k patk seems to be not enough with the damn -30% dmg buff that lasts the whole battle.

So I'm starting to wonder: is it normal that that dmg debuff lasts THE WHOLE battle? The duration is actually 3 turns but the boss casts it no-stop. Only way to get rid of it is to double-hit, but i can't do that with gaia no matter how hard i try. Have i encountered a bug or the boss has same behaviour for everyone?

Originally posted by quita85 View Post
    So, I can't figure out this damn boss. If you can't remember it, it's the dark boss that casts reflect (x3 duration) every 6 turns and -30%dmg debuff. I am a 162k BR archer and have tried every trick in the book. My dark RES is 1000+ at this point using gaia, or a bit less if i try zeus.
    The problem for me is basically dmg, 140k patk seems to be not enough with the damn -30% dmg buff that lasts the whole battle.

So I'm starting to wonder: is it normal that that dmg debuff lasts THE WHOLE battle? The duration is actually 3 turns but the boss casts it no-stop. Only way to get rid of it is to double-hit, but i can't do that with gaia no matter how hard i try. Have i encountered a bug or the boss has same behaviour for everyone?
    before some patch long time ago (like a year ago?), the boss buffs in ST could be purged, but now none seems to be purgeable, so u basically need to have high enough atk & will crystals to overpower it.

Comment

I assume you meant 1.62m br with a patk at 140k.

haunt/ss/purge are your friends.. They will take care of the deflect. Devour Soul / BT / Heal rune are almost a must later in the fight as the dmg starts getting rather high, as will your midget if its a strong enough mage. Don't worry about his dmg buffs/debuffs, they will just keep adding up the longer it takes, so strip that deflect, and lay em out as fast as possible, making sure to count the rounds.. You don't wanna get caught with a delphic when he throws deflect back on. He was somewhere around 82x dmg buff by time he dropped, hitting me for about 130k a pop at that point. Took me about 9 tries b4 I finally got em without botching it up, either to carelessness or lagging out at the worst moments. Good Luck
      Pyranthos
      S372 Spirit Divide
      Mage : 5.4m br and climbing

Comment

Originally posted by Pyranthos View Post
        I assume you meant 1.62m br with a patk at 140k.

haunt/ss/purge are your friends.. They will take care of the deflect. Devour Soul / BT / Heal rune are almost a must later in the fight as the dmg starts getting rather high, as will your midget if its a strong enough mage. Don't worry about his dmg buffs/debuffs, they will just keep adding up the longer it takes, so strip that deflect, and lay em out as fast as possible, making sure to count the rounds.. You don't wanna get caught with a delphic when he throws deflect back on. He was somewhere around 82x dmg buff by time he dropped, hitting me for about 130k a pop at that point. Took me about 9 tries b4 I finally got em without botching it up, either to carelessness or lagging out at the worst moments. Good Luck
        hmm...purge didn't appear to work for me, or maybe i just lagged really bad. agoran & ice shield whenever i could, thought it were safer to delphic between his deflect buffs, but died of my own big hits every time. maybe my hp is too low. only 691k. no hp gems in hero gears.

Comment

i passed this boss by ignoring his damage reflect. when it's deflect is up, just keep hitting with your lowest attack or heal yourself with bloodthirsty strike if youre an archer or use gaia's devour soul when you have low hp. the turns you used to scatter will be haunting you in the end when it start to stacking it's buff.
          Originally posted by Wraithraiser
          Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
            hmm...purge didn't appear to work for me, or maybe i just lagged really bad. agoran & ice shield whenever i could, thought it were safer to delphic between his deflect buffs, but died of my own big hits every time. maybe my hp is too low. only 691k. no hp gems in hero gears.
            U actually have about 21k more hpts than me. Granted I CAN heal, so that does buy me a lil longer to finish em at the end, but as to purge and that deflect. TBH, I would bring guardian rune and heal instead, i relied on haunt bc of its unlimited use and rather quick CD.. non sylph I would use the rounds deflect was up, to cast resto, sunt, ice shield (basically, my stall for time skills till it dropped and i could blast em some more, or better yet, sylph back up).

I mentioned purge bc its of the same category as ss or haunt, but you may be correct in that one not working. I wouldn't put it past r2 to be inconsistent, lol. I know haunt works just fine though

On the up side, once past him, its smooth sailing all the way up to 7.10.. That one has some nice lil surprises in store, lol
            Last edited by Pyranthos; 09-02-2015, 06:01 AM.
            Pyranthos
            S372 Spirit Divide
            Mage : 5.4m br and climbing

Comment

Originally posted by Pyranthos View Post
              U actually have about 21k more hpts than me. Granted I CAN heal, so that does buy me a lil longer to finish em at the end, but as to purge and that deflect. TBH, I would bring guardian rune and heal instead, i relied on haunt bc of its unlimited use and rather quick CD.. non sylph I would use the rounds deflect was up, to cast resto, sunt, ice shield (basically, my stall for time skills till it dropped and i could blast em some more, or better yet, sylph back up).

I mentioned purge bc its of the same category as ss or haunt, but you may be correct in that one not working. I wouldn't put it past r2 to be inconsistent, lol. I know haunt works just fine though

On the up side, once past him, its smooth sailing all the way up to 7.10.. That one has some nice lil surprises in store, lol
              my triton is only 40k br & gaia is only 56k br so my hp drops by some 70-110k with them on -_-;
              my main sylph is zeus, but i can't use him on dark bosses; he just never worked well against dark.
              my main kid is the hunter. tried a lvl5 mage but he's still too weak to survive for long enough for his healing to last.
              brought healing rune & purge rune. no better runes to use. can't have guardian rune (being a knight). brutality is too hard to time. the other runes are basically useless against this boss.
              just tried it. saw his deflection buff off & immediately awaken, but end up getting deflection still. i guess i'm just lagging -_-|

Comment

after spending i think 4-5 hours in his company i managed to pass it with my 29kbr apollo (where my 70k gaia failed), even if that meant having 200k hp less than usual, somwehere around 500k total. 850 dark res or something.
                Learning his skill rotation by heart meant being able to atk him more betweek the reflects (4 syl attacks instead of 3 for example).
                I brought AP and multishot alongside the usual bloodthirsthy and SS, because those skills cast very fast and it's easy to doublehit with them. For runes, i chose guardian and heal, and good thing I did because the damn thing went up to 60x buff and more. I guess this is much easier with a decent athena but yes, it can be done with a crappy apollo too, prprovided u have 1k dark res before equipping him (=800 res).

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                  i passed this boss by ignoring his damage reflect. when it's deflect is up, just keep hitting with your lowest attack or heal yourself with bloodthirsty strike if youre an archer or use gaia's devour soul when you have low hp. the turns you used to scatter will be haunting you in the end when it start to stacking it's buff.
                  This is the best way agreed, also you can put on poison arrow since most of it's dmg is over time it doesn't reflect. You can use bloodthirsty during reflect but I chose let an auto attack go off and use BT shot after refect to heal all the dmg I took. Also I used my mage eudie with all 3 heals and one attack and did the Delphic heal as one of his attacks during reflect. make sure to stack his dark res and use a dark sylph If you can. I used zeus to do the boss and basically just used runes and auto attacks when reflect was up.
                  Kalydia - Level 80 - 1.98k br Archer - Kabam 57 WEST
                  Guild: Paradox
                  Eudaemon: Eddie - Lvl 8 Oracle Mage - 1.3k br
                  Syphs: 80 Herc - Flashpoint- 127k br
                  80 Triton - Undertow 93k br
                  80 Venus - Precision 113k br
                  80 Gaia - Judgenjury
                  80 Medusa - Backdraft

Comment

Working...
                  X