X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SlowPlay
    replied
    Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
    I have to say that just as I start to make a pretty strong hecate, it's nearly useless in pvp, and that's really annoying. It takes a lot of time and effort (or barrels of cash) to work up a decent sylph, so plenty of people are feeling the hurt right now, if they focused on one of the popular sylphs. I can understand if people who sprung for the Loki/Odin feel like it was a bait & switch, where it looked like it would be very powerful, and instead it's kinda marginal for events like class wars.
    Bait and switch has nothing to do with that, it's just game mechanics. Back then when dimension were added, everyone was running stacked electro res because it was the most popular sylph, now the most popular sylph is hecate and rightly most are running stacked dark, the only difference i see is that casher didn't complain when electro was the most popular resistance because they had a strong aegis already which would make said res useless, now with red sylph it's really hard to have 2 sylph maxed and since most choose to go with hecate, the most popular resistance is dark, that's why i said it's buyer remorse, because you paid for something that you felt it was good but in the end it wasn't that good. Same as people will feel after they'll buy iphone 6s :P

Originally posted by karac View Post
    So, if you have more than 700 res you get more than 90% reduction?
    770 or so it's the 90% damage reduction, don't really remember now. Tho if your opponent has let's say 1k res red, you need 1770 res to have 90% damage red.

Leave a comment:

• karac
    replied
    So, if you have more than 700 res you get more than 90% reduction?

Leave a comment:

• MrFancyPants
    replied
    Originally posted by SlowPlay View Post
    It's called buyer remorse.
    I have to say that just as I start to make a pretty strong hecate, it's nearly useless in pvp, and that's really annoying. It takes a lot of time and effort (or barrels of cash) to work up a decent sylph, so plenty of people are feeling the hurt right now, if they focused on one of the popular sylphs. I can understand if people who sprung for the Loki/Odin feel like it was a bait & switch, where it looked like it would be very powerful, and instead it's kinda marginal for events like class wars.

Leave a comment:

• laba-laba
    replied
    Would finishing 5 expert dims costs $600 tho ? only for 5 days too .. that's the question

Leave a comment:

• SlowPlay
    replied
    Originally posted by Draggyy View Post
    why do you bother working on any sylph then hawk? They can all be trashed so easily....
    It's called buyer remorse.

Leave a comment:

• Draggyy
    replied
    why do you bother working on any sylph then hawk? They can all be trashed so easily....

Leave a comment:

• SlowPlay
    replied
    Same can been said for any other sylph, combo sylph are coming for that, loki/odin is just the 1st of 3 combo sylph and kiddo will become a bigger part of the damage you deal to your opponent soon enough.

Leave a comment:

• Barraind
    replied
    seems that everytime a merged sylph attacks you, it takes your lower res between dark and light. having 1800light res is useless if you have only 900dark res.
    Sort of. It actually looks like instead of being Chromatic (checks lowest res of included types) its checking Prismatic (average res of included types), and then checks against the defense type of the lowest res, making it incredibly easy to game that system.

The most egregious example of that mistake I remember seeing is in Everquest, with Ture, right after they started adding chromatic/prismatic boss AE's in the game in big numbers. Any of his AE's that included Fire as part of their checks went for a few months checking against your resist for Fire and... differential of max and min HP, because yay coding is fun.
    Last edited by Barraind; 09-02-2015, 04:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Lynn87
    replied
    seems that everytime a merged sylph attacks you, it takes your lower res between dark and light. having 1800light res is useless if you have only 900dark res.
    anyway the system seems still pretty balanced, between resistance and will crystals.
    if will be unbalanced in future, they will fix it: we know that next patch will change everything..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X