Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The true of resistant system - You can make ODIN to trash sylph

Noob Whales again here,

You can make your opponent to a trash character and sylph(even I'm close to 4 mil BR). But temporary works.
    I got formula about resistant system related with DIM
    - Clear one Adv DIM - you got 8% up total of will crystal value and 15% up of res crystal value (have to match DIM and res)
    - Clear one Expert DIM - you got 24% up total of will crystal value and 60% up of res crystal value (have to match DIM and res)

Now, res-crystal event..... easy to get higher res-crystals
    I give you data and example
    lvl9 res-crystal has 150+ value
    lvl10 res-crystal has 200+ value
    Addtionally, if you have 800 resistance higher, income damage will be reduced 90%....... God system

* How can make Odin sylph to trash..... easy easy easy
    If you have 1-expert and 2-adv light DIM, you have 60+15+15=90% up effect of light resistance
    When you have 6 lvl9 light-res-crystal, you have 150X6X(1+0.9) = 1710 light-res,
    if have light sylph, will be 1810. (+100 advantage)
    if have dark sylph, 1510. (-200 disadvantage)
    if have other sylphs, 1610 (-100 disadvantage)

if use lvl10 res-crystal......OMG.... immortal

So, when you have 1-expert and 2 light adv light-DIM, 1-expert and 1 adv dark-DIM with 6lvl9 light and 6 lvl9 dark crystals
    Your opponent Odin sylph is totally trashed (normally you have 1710 light-res and 1575 dark-res)

Someone blame about res-RED, simple..... If you have 5-expert DIM (any element), 0.24X5=1.2
    So, when you have 3 lvl8 res-RED, just can get 840X(1+1.2), 1848 finally, it works....
    hahaha, but not easy to get 5-expert same time, and if have 3lvl8 res-red, he is whales and has more lvl10 res-crystals

Is it make sense?
    How much need to invest to make odin sylph........but trashed simply (temporary, but, can use CW, Titan, Eternal....)

I heard new patch soon, but idk how changed
    After patch, I'll try to get the info of resistant system.
    If same as now, not worth to spend. So just stop to spend and enjoy a relationship with ppl

Enjoy resistant system, You will be a great warrior, but remember it works temporary

Blame to my ugly explaination
    Last edited by hawk1world; 09-02-2015, 04:13 PM.

seems that everytime a merged sylph attacks you, it takes your lower res between dark and light. having 1800light res is useless if you have only 900dark res.
    anyway the system seems still pretty balanced, between resistance and will crystals.
    if will be unbalanced in future, they will fix it: we know that next patch will change everything..

Comment

seems that everytime a merged sylph attacks you, it takes your lower res between dark and light. having 1800light res is useless if you have only 900dark res.
      Sort of. It actually looks like instead of being Chromatic (checks lowest res of included types) its checking Prismatic (average res of included types), and then checks against the defense type of the lowest res, making it incredibly easy to game that system.

The most egregious example of that mistake I remember seeing is in Everquest, with Ture, right after they started adding chromatic/prismatic boss AE's in the game in big numbers. Any of his AE's that included Fire as part of their checks went for a few months checking against your resist for Fire and... differential of max and min HP, because yay coding is fun.
      Last edited by Barraind; 09-02-2015, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Same can been said for any other sylph, combo sylph are coming for that, loki/odin is just the 1st of 3 combo sylph and kiddo will become a bigger part of the damage you deal to your opponent soon enough.

Comment

why do you bother working on any sylph then hawk? They can all be trashed so easily....

Comment

Originally posted by Draggyy View Post
            why do you bother working on any sylph then hawk? They can all be trashed so easily....
            It's called buyer remorse.

Comment

Would finishing 5 expert dims costs $600 tho ? only for 5 days too .. that's the question
              [morfinnor]
              Temple of Ibalize

Comment

Originally posted by SlowPlay View Post
                It's called buyer remorse.
                I have to say that just as I start to make a pretty strong hecate, it's nearly useless in pvp, and that's really annoying. It takes a lot of time and effort (or barrels of cash) to work up a decent sylph, so plenty of people are feeling the hurt right now, if they focused on one of the popular sylphs. I can understand if people who sprung for the Loki/Odin feel like it was a bait & switch, where it looked like it would be very powerful, and instead it's kinda marginal for events like class wars.

Comment

So, if you have more than 700 res you get more than 90% reduction?
                  Karac
                  Archer
                  S25 - Buradoth's Grave
                  CAIN Guild
                  1.4M BR

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
                    I have to say that just as I start to make a pretty strong hecate, it's nearly useless in pvp, and that's really annoying. It takes a lot of time and effort (or barrels of cash) to work up a decent sylph, so plenty of people are feeling the hurt right now, if they focused on one of the popular sylphs. I can understand if people who sprung for the Loki/Odin feel like it was a bait & switch, where it looked like it would be very powerful, and instead it's kinda marginal for events like class wars.
                    Bait and switch has nothing to do with that, it's just game mechanics. Back then when dimension were added, everyone was running stacked electro res because it was the most popular sylph, now the most popular sylph is hecate and rightly most are running stacked dark, the only difference i see is that casher didn't complain when electro was the most popular resistance because they had a strong aegis already which would make said res useless, now with red sylph it's really hard to have 2 sylph maxed and since most choose to go with hecate, the most popular resistance is dark, that's why i said it's buyer remorse, because you paid for something that you felt it was good but in the end it wasn't that good. Same as people will feel after they'll buy iphone 6s :P

Originally posted by karac View Post
                    So, if you have more than 700 res you get more than 90% reduction?
                    770 or so it's the 90% damage reduction, don't really remember now. Tho if your opponent has let's say 1k res red, you need 1770 res to have 90% damage red.

Comment

770 or so it's the 90% damage reduction, don't really remember now. Tho if your opponent has let's say 1k res red, you need 1770 res to have 90% damage red.
                      750 is the magic #. You get 12% Damage Reduction (Type) per 100 Reduce Pts. So 750 * .12 = 90%.

Right now Resists are kinda all over the place though with the explosion of L9 Resists (and a lot of L10s and some L11s). The most important thing, IMO, is Resist Reduce - but that's (a little) tougher to come by right now. For the last CW I managed just about 1750 Reduce Resist and not a single person I fought was able to mitigate my damage with their resistance. The next highest was 1540, and then after that only 2 were around 1300. Most were still playing with res reduce in the 700 - 900 range, which is pretty easy to counter. After all, a set of L9 Resists + 1 Expert Dim == 1440 Base Resist (+Sylph Type). If someone want to put a dent in my Res Reduce, they'd have to have L9s + 2 Expert Dims == 1980 Base Resist (+ Sylph Type). Even at about 300 Pts (~36% DR) differential, I'm still able to compete so long as I've got decent resist on them too.

At one point I was making 9,000 Will Shards a day from cycling expert dims. That's helped boost me to all L8 Will Crystals and I'll be making a L9 next week - but the gold cost is steep. Now I'm well over 2 Billion spent on Dim Coordinate Boxes, and I've got about 1500 Basic and another 500 Int just littering my inventory.

Things are gonna get silly with the next big patch though - and I have a feeling we're all going to need to relearn the resist system, yet again.

Comment

after my first b gold got 3 expert dimensions, none dark which so many tend to use....

Btw do you think will crystals will be weaker after the patch? Reason for asking this is that they might not get the same boost as resistance:

lvl 12 res 350->3660 meaning 10.45 times more
                        lvl 12 will 880->7320 meaning 8.31 times more
                        Last edited by Draggyy; 09-03-2015, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hawk1world View Post
                          How much need to invest to make odin sylph........
                          Investment ? lol git good yet ? not

Wartune & R2 plan = make cashers cash more

You fell for it, too bad for you. Be smarter and you wont have to whine about your ''investment'' failing

Are you going to whine when we all get level 20 Influence for free after you spent 1000$ on it ? lol
                          Last edited by MsKink; 09-03-2015, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
                            Right now Resists are kinda all over the place though with the explosion of L9 Resists (and a lot of L10s and some L11s). The most important thing, IMO, is Resist Reduce - but that's (a little) tougher to come by right now.
                            Nearly 400x less is "a little" tougher to come by? lol

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
                            Things are gonna get silly with the next big patch though - and I have a feeling we're all going to need to relearn the resist system, yet again.
                            This is the truth - with the reported numbers, either the formula is changing completely, or no one's going to be hurting anyone unless they don't have resistance to your sylph type.

Comment

Bait and switch has nothing to do with that, it's just game mechanics. Back then when dimension were added, everyone was running stacked electro res because it was the most popular sylph, now the most popular sylph is hecate and rightly most are running stacked dark, the only difference i see is that casher didn't complain when electro was the most popular resistance because they had a strong aegis already which would make said res useless, now with red sylph it's really hard to have 2 sylph maxed and since most choose to go with hecate, the most popular resistance is dark, that's why i said it's buyer remorse, because you paid for something that you felt it was good but in the end it wasn't that good. Same as people will feel after they'll buy iphone 6s :P

Excellent all clear now!
                              Karac
                              Archer
                              S25 - Buradoth's Grave
                              CAIN Guild
                              1.4M BR

Comment

Working...
                              X