Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
    Nearly 400x less is "a little" tougher to come by? lol

This is the truth - with the reported numbers, either the formula is changing completely, or no one's going to be hurting anyone unless they don't have resistance to your sylph type.
    Just wondering if anyone is in contact with beta testers & able to tell how much DR it is for 100 res after the rumored patch? I meant, just to go onto test server & highlight the res numbers to find out how much % DR 100 res gives.

Comment

I think it's fair to say that you can trash any sylph if you have the correct resistance and res reduce. It's harder to trash the Odin for 2 reasons: a) you need 2 types of res to counter it, rather than 1 b) it has all sorts of passive damage reduction buffs. You cannot, at the moment, have decent res against all sylphs, and any decent player with an Odin would have the brains to realise that they shouldn't play the same sylph every time.

Also, regarding the speculation about the Odin sylph on here - I actually HAVE one, and have been playing with it for about 3 weeks now. I can firmly state that I do not regret making it, not even one little bit. The difference in damage dealt and damage received in both PVE and PVP, is unbelievable.

Again through experience of using this sylph, you need to realise how hard it is to damage. To put it into perspective - I played arena yesterday against a 3.4M BR mage, who had a light sylph on. His res reduce was about 1500 at the time (mine was about 1300), my light res was only 150, his was around 650 (his dark res is over 2k). Damage dealt by him to me on his light sylph delphic = 2x18k. Damage dealt by me to him on my Odin single target delphic = 1.1 million
      Server: S371
      Guild: Harmony♣
      Class: Archer
      Rapidly losing interest.......

Comment

To put it into perspective - I played arena yesterday against a 3.4M BR mage, who had a light sylph on. His res reduce was about 1500 at the time (mine was about 1300), my light res was only 150, his was around 650 (his dark res is over 2k). Damage dealt by him to me on his light sylph delphic = 2x18k.
        You either had a lot more than 150 light resist or you have more def than double his atk, at a minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by Barraind View Post
          You either had a lot more than 150 light resist or you have more def than double his atk, at a minimum.
          As stated, I had an Odin sylph on, and 150 light res. My MDEF is 207k while unawakened, while my opponent's MATK is in the region of 275k. This is exactly the point I was trying to make - people are seriously underestimating the amount of damage reduction on the Odin.

Comment

Originally posted by kelbeans View Post
            As stated, I had an Odin sylph on, and 150 light res. My MDEF is 207k while unawakened, while my opponent's MATK is in the region of 275k. This is exactly the point I was trying to make - people are seriously underestimating the amount of damage reduction on the Odin.
            The damage reduction is a part of it, but to get that big a difference with effectively zero resistance on either side, you're definitely looking at a big stat imbalance, which is easy to believe given the rather large Odin stats bonus. With two reduce passives, you're getting an extra 36% reduction (42% at all 3), which is a lot, but nowhere near the 96% difference you actually saw. And that's assuming your opponent didn't have the corresponding light damage reduce passive.

Comment

With two reduce passives, you're getting an extra 36% reduction (42% at all 3)
              Isn't it 40%? 20% from agoran shield and 20% from power of light?

Comment

The damage reduction is a part of it, but to get that big a difference with effectively zero resistance on either side, you're definitely looking at a big stat imbalance, which is easy to believe given the rather large Odin stats bonus. With two reduce passives, you're getting an extra 36% reduction (42% at all 3), which is a lot, but nowhere near the 96% difference you actually saw. And that's assuming your opponent didn't have the corresponding light damage reduce passive.
                I should mention that both of his delphics were non crit - I guess it's fair to assume that had he crit, it would have been 2 x 36k damage rather than 2 x 18k.

Maybe astrals can explain it? I get 38% damage reduction on my goddess, plus guardian angel at 55% on reducing crit damage. Maybe this coupled with the 40% on the sylph?
                Last edited by kelbeans; 09-05-2015, 01:54 AM.

Comment

easy to trash odin

I think it's fair to say that you can trash any sylph if you have the correct resistance and res reduce. It's harder to trash the Odin for 2 reasons: a) you need 2 types of res to counter it, rather than 1 b) it has all sorts of passive damage reduction buffs. You cannot, at the moment, have decent res against all sylphs, and any decent player with an Odin would have the brains to realise that they shouldn't play the same sylph every time.

Also, regarding the speculation about the Odin sylph on here - I actually HAVE one, and have been playing with it for about 3 weeks now. I can firmly state that I do not regret making it, not even one little bit. The difference in damage dealt and damage received in both PVE and PVP, is unbelievable.

Again through experience of using this sylph, you need to realise how hard it is to damage. To put it into perspective - I played arena yesterday against a 3.4M BR mage, who had a light sylph on. His res reduce was about 1500 at the time (mine was about 1300), my light res was only 150, his was around 650 (his dark res is over 2k). Damage dealt by him to me on his light sylph delphic = 2x18k. Damage dealt by me to him on my Odin single target delphic = 1.1 million

check attached picClick image for larger version

Name:	taylor stats-mini.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	1716748Click image for larger version

Name:	taylor stats-mini.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	1716748

Comment

Why you don't believe that we can make odin to trash?

check pic what i attached

light res 2440
                    dark res 2380
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SlowPlay View Post
                      Isn't it 40%? 20% from agoran shield and 20% from power of light?
                      If damage reduction were added together, that would put people near or over 100% too easily. It's possible that those two skills are particularly compatible and do get added, but I just assume that all damage reduction is multiplied (or applied in sequence), no matter the source. Adding up all my passive skills + astral + medallion would get me to 82% damage reduction right off the bat; add in hecate's reduction, and it would become 92% or 102%. So that's not how it works, and it's reasonable to assume that all reductions end up interacting the same way.

I should mention that both of his delphics were non crit - I guess it's fair to assume that had he crit, it would have been 2 x 36k damage rather than 2 x 18k.

Maybe astrals can explain it? I get 38% damage reduction on my goddess, plus guardian angel at 55% on reducing crit damage. Maybe this coupled with the 40% on the sylph?
                      Certainly likely that other factors are involved, including a higher level medallion, better astrals, etc. But it's unlikely your opponent had less than 25% from an astral, and even accounting for the crit you're still looking at a ~85-90% damage differential, so a big chunk of it is down to stats. If you blocked and he didn't, that could push it a little closer, but still a big gap.

Comment

hmm so over 2k light and dark res, a fire pet could have you for dinner tho
                        IGN: princestewii
                        Server: Kabam 86

Comment

Originally posted by hawk1world View Post
                          check attached pic[ATTACH=CONFIG]148664[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]148664[/ATTACH]
                          LOL your point???? As I said - with the right res you can trash ANY sylph!!!! So now you've used all your res on light and dark - for what 3 or 4 people that have odins??? What the hell will you do when Fire, wind or water comes at you lol?

As I said before, anyone with an Odin who has half a brain, won't use their Odin 100% of the time

Comment

If damage reduction were added together, that would put people near or over 100% too easily. It's possible that those two skills are particularly compatible and do get added, but I just assume that all damage reduction is multiplied (or applied in sequence), no matter the source. Adding up all my passive skills + astral + medallion would get me to 82% damage reduction right off the bat; add in hecate's reduction, and it would become 92% or 102%. So that's not how it works, and it's reasonable to assume that all reductions end up interacting the same way.
                            Ye i ment that i think those 2 work togheter, not like the game reduce damage by 20% then 20% again tho guess it's really hard to test right now.

LOL your point???? As I said - with the right res you can trash ANY sylph!!!! So now you've used all your res on light and dark - for what 3 or 4 people that have odins??? What the hell will you do when Fire, wind or water comes at you lol?

As I said before, anyone with an Odin who has half a brain, won't use their Odin 100% of the time
                            It's not his char, is someone else char on his server that's probably kicking his butt, that's why he's mad right now.

Comment

Then just use a fire/water/wind pet against his and oneshot him, jesus you're taking buyer remorse to a whole new level dude.

Also that's not a bug, also he can't keep up that resistance forever so just stop whining.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowPlay View Post
                                Then just use a fire/water/wind pet against his and oneshot him, jesus you're taking buyer remorse to a whole new level dude.

Also that's not a bug, also he can't keep up that resistance forever so just stop whining.
                                Amen! Everyone believes it because you can beat ANY sylph with the right res - what don't you understand about that? Personally as Slow says I would just take my fire and one shot this one lol

Comment

Working...
                                X