Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Hades - Awe or Devil's Gaze

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hades - Awe or Devil's Gaze

Which skill you prefer, Awe or Devil Gaze, I think both make the same amount of damage correct? actually Awe a bit more, do you use it?

Thank you!
    Karac
    Archer
    S25 - Buradoth's Grave
    CAIN Guild
    1.4M BR

Awe is stronger, however in mage cw I prefer devil gaze for the healing reduce

Comment

Most people I've seen use Devil's Gaze, but I've used both and found that Awe has served me better, especially in battlegrounds and class wars (yep, even though I run a mage ). The trick is to sylph up after they do, and Awe will cause them to revert about two or three turns before you, so you'll be more likely to finish them off while you're still in sylph mode and they aren't.
      Wartune - R2 s502 [merged with 494, 497, 500, 528, 530, 560, 565, 569, 573, 577]
      IGN: Reiszen
      Guild: <Thunder>
      Class: Mage

Comment

Originally posted by Draggyy View Post
        Awe is stronger, however in mage cw I prefer devil gaze for the healing reduce
        Not really, it depend on the sylph atk. On a maxed red hecate, devil gaze does far more damage than awe, on a weak aegis, awe does far more damage than devil gaze.

@OP why choose when you can have both?

Comment

Originally posted by SlowPlay View Post
          Not really, it depend on the sylph atk. On a maxed red hecate, devil gaze does far more damage than awe, on a weak aegis, awe does far more damage than devil gaze.

@OP why choose when you can have both?
          it's so hard to pick 2 out of 4. awe, devil gaze, death harvest, haunt. we need different skills in different situations, but sadly can't swap skills.

Comment

Awe's actual damage is less than its tooltip claims it is, and it lost a bit of its trickery with Euds.

I use both, because theyre both better than the alternatives.

Comment

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
              it's so hard to pick 2 out of 4. awe, devil gaze, death harvest, haunt. we need different skills in different situations, but sadly can't swap skills.
              It's not that hard for me tbh, the must have skill on dark are devour soul and delphic, devil gaze and awe follow close enough, as 5th skill you can get death's harvest, shadow strike or sinister rot, personally i find haunt not that usefull tbh.

Originally posted by Barraind View Post
              Awe's actual damage is less than its tooltip claims it is, and it lost a bit of its trickery with Euds.

I use both, because theyre both better than the alternatives.
              I think the % damage is right, i was killing some bosses in sky trial for gold yesterday and was doing 560k x2 with awe, 590k x2 with devil gaze and i've 225k patk. If someone wanna do the math i can give more info but it feel fairly right given the 10% difference on damage.
              Last edited by SlowPlay; 09-04-2015, 10:03 AM.

Comment

If you are only going to have one the obvious choice is Devil's Gaze. Nerfing the healing of any class is always funny when you are beating them down and trying to stop the out of control healing that needs to be nerfed in this game.

Comment

I think the % damage is right, i was killing some bosses in sky trial for gold yesterday and was doing 560k x2 with awe, 590k x2 with devil gaze and i've 225k patk. If someone wanna do the math i can give more info but it feel fairly right given the 10% difference on damage.
                  My DG regularly ends up doing ~80-100k more than Awe at 190k atk. Devour is doing more damage more consistently on my setup than Awe, which means I'm either hitting for the lowest Awe amounts possible every time I use it, or Awe is acting silly.

Comment

It's not that hard for me tbh, the must have skill on dark are devour soul and delphic, devil gaze and awe follow close enough, as 5th skill you can get death's harvest, shadow strike or sinister rot, personally i find haunt not that usefull tbh....
                    I thought haunt were totally useless until I got beat repeatedly in sylph arena & expedition because of the lack of debuffing skills -_-;
                    I agree it's not useful for a carry-on sylph. I typically don't purge more than once, & my archer has SS so it's not needed. Right now Gaia is still not my main sylph on either toon so my Gaia is kind of a support sylph at the moment.

I have all of Awe, DG & DH on my main's Gaia, but they all have crazy CDs. Now I kind of regret because Shadow Strike has short CD & it came as a free skill.

Now the shortest CD on my Gaia still has a 15-second CD and I sometimes end up doing auto. I don't know what to do yet. Maybe replace 1 of the 3. Awe has a little advantage in PvP, but aside from the limited sylph rage drain, a 220% single-target skill at 45 second CD is a little crazy. DG & DH have the same CD problem, not hitting hard enough & CD is still crazy. To me, DG isn't used much, but it works too well on sylph arena & expedition to dump. DH is needed because my hero's AOE sucks (I don't have it on the archer toon & mage toon).

The choice between simple hit vs. bleeding is also kind of tough. Shadow Strike hits harder for opponents without PATK immunity & it hits the front row so targeting is more deterministic. Bleeding has greater total damage if opponent has no shield & it works against targets with PATK immunity. They are both quite appealing for being the few short CD skills available. Right now my sylph can't bleed so it's not useful against targets with PATK immunity or chaos/amnesia. Maybe I should revisit the bleeding skill & possibly replace 1 of the above 3. Hence the tough choice.

Comment

I thought haunt were totally useless until I got beat repeatedly in sylph arena & expedition because of the lack of debuffing skills -_-;
                      I agree it's not useful for a carry-on sylph. I typically don't purge more than once, & my archer has SS so it's not needed. Right now Gaia is still not my main sylph on either toon so my Gaia is kind of a support sylph at the moment.

I have all of Awe, DG & DH on my main's Gaia, but they all have crazy CDs. Now I kind of regret because Shadow Strike has short CD & it came as a free skill.

Now the shortest CD on my Gaia still has a 15-second CD and I sometimes end up doing auto. I don't know what to do yet. Maybe replace 1 of the 3. Awe has a little advantage in PvP, but aside from the limited sylph rage drain, a 220% single-target skill at 45 second CD is a little crazy. DG & DH have the same CD problem, not hitting hard enough & CD is still crazy. To me, DG isn't used much, but it works too well on sylph arena & expedition to dump. DH is needed because my hero's AOE sucks (I don't have it on the archer toon & mage toon).

The choice between simple hit vs. bleeding is also kind of tough. Shadow Strike hits harder for opponents without PATK immunity & it hits the front row so targeting is more deterministic. Bleeding has greater total damage if opponent has no shield & it works against targets with PATK immunity. They are both quite appealing for being the few short CD skills available. Right now my sylph can't bleed so it's not useful against targets with PATK immunity or chaos/amnesia. Maybe I should revisit the bleeding skill & possibly replace 1 of the above 3. Hence the tough choice.
                      Yeah, you definitely want to have Shadow Strike or Sinister Rot. SS x 2 > (DG or Awe) + auto. In arena, you often won't have time for more than 3-4 skills anyway, but most anywhere else you will. I consider DH a must-have, but I'm a knight, so aoes are requirement a lot of the time. SR generally does less damage, but is a very powerful skill in pvp, since it ignores the dark resist that's so common now.

I wouldn't try changing your skills at this point, since there is a patch rumored to be coming this month where you can finally select the skill to replace. If that pans out, you'll be able to change skills up a lot cheaper. And you can make a better determination on SR vs. SS, since there is a change to resistance too.

Comment

@R238423534

When i have all skill on cd i just go back, works fairly decently on pvp for me (i'm a knight, should work well for mage too). On pve i mostly use zeus which has also all long cd skill but it works better for me to just go back and awaken again as soon as delphic is ready, same goes for hecate when i use it on sky trial, i'm up to 10.8 and it wasn't that hard. The bleeding skill is up to you, the best part of that skill is that it ignore every damage reduction (guardian rune, insane res etc) but it's not that usefull against player as strong as you.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
                          ...I consider DH a must-have, but I'm a knight, so aoes are requirement a lot of the time. SR generally does less damage, but is a very powerful skill in pvp, since it ignores the dark resist that's so common now....
                          Lack of aoe on hero is THE reason why I picked DH to begin with, but very much in the same fate as Apollo/Athena, skill CD kills Gaia's usefulness, that's why she never got her chance to become my main sylph, although visual appearance also plays a factor. After leaving no skill with less than a 15 second CD, I had the feeling that I might just want to use good old Athena since she was already half full (and sorta abandoned after I switched to electro) before I got the first blue Hades seal.

Actually, I didn't pick SR for PvP because I knew bleeding was useless in front of absorption shields. At that time I didn't know monsters would have immunity (Chinese Wartune did not seem to have such things yet tho I can't read their patch notes) in the future. Now with this crazy immunity & chaos/amnesia bosses, I would have to reconsider it. Not sure to take it or not. Kinda hard to decide.

Comment

...When i have all skill on cd i just go back...
                            ahh...8-) that's a great idea! maybe I should try it!!!
                            much like you, I have crazy CD on both hero & sylph if I use light or dark, that was why electro was my pick. but i suck at pvp for doing that & now also suck at new mpds & solo dungeons T_T

...The bleeding skill is up to you, the best part of that skill is that it ignore every damage reduction (guardian rune, insane res etc) but it's not that usefull against player as strong as you...
                            Spire 21 is my only chance to die if I start it solo & go afk, so I know how scary the massive bleeding could be if the victim has no shield & no heal. Tho, for PvP I personally never had much success with bleeding, death warrant, poison arrow, consuming flames, sinister rot, whirlwind, endless engulf, soulhunter arrow, shadow thrasher, etc. none seems to work against opponents equal or slightly stronger than me, tho I had never tried them on weaker opponents.

Comment

Spire 21 is my only chance to die if I start it solo & go afk, so I know how scary the massive bleeding could be if the victim has no shield & no heal. Tho, for PvP I personally never had much success with bleeding, death warrant, poison arrow, consuming flames, sinister rot, whirlwind, endless engulf, soulhunter arrow, shadow thrasher, etc. none seems to work against opponents equal or slightly stronger than me, tho I had never tried them on weaker opponents.
                              I used death warrant even before it had the stun chance just because it's an awesome counter to suntoria and to make one example, i had a fight against a dude with 500k br less than me but 2k or so light res (i had light pet and 1k res red and was doing 20k with light ulti), i killed him just with the bleeding from death warrant, against weaker opponent bleeding is op, it's good against same br because it help to counter suntoria and is pretty much useless against those that are far stronger than you (but then again, what helps against those other that insane res? ^^)

Comment

Working...
                              X