• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PvP

Battlegrounds.
    Where do I begin....

It's messed up. It always has been.

it's even worse now. More people are camping at the spots than any slow lvl bg campers I have ever saw before. There's a total imbalance and it NEEDS fix. I remain hopeful, not that hope is dying.
    If people can't enjoy simple PvP events, you know there's a problem.
    I'm not complaining, I'm stating facts. It's imbalanced and favored to high BR people.

I have decent BR and get some kills and get killed too. But I've never see so many matches with 15 people all camping at the other's side base (I counted how many people where there too). I've never seen so many rages, so much anger.
    I have vip 9 which thank goodness I don't lose honor. But there are many people just turned 80 who get killed and spammed upon non-stop. It needs fix. There needs to be more restrictions. It sucks when it has to come to that, but it has to be made that. It's funny the hypocrisy though. A lot of these heavy campers were complainers about the lower lvl ones and were "devout" to put and end to it even though they are doing the same.

When will PvP be fixed? I have hoped..

But I believe PvP in general will finally be equal when this game turns into Broken Realm and we get infinite balens, then dies.
    Only then...

I truly love this game. It needs worked on still. There's also another thing I would like to address.
    There are certain people in my guild who just turned 80 and have the class advancement quests. They have to win 3 battlegrounds. Not kills, but wins.
    One of my guildmates, it took nearly a month to actually win battlegrounds. He did every single BG throughout the day and left the ones that were losing badly. He lost a lot of honor too. That's messed up. THat's not right, and that quest should NOT be require at all to advance the lvl 80. It's ridiculous that he had to even experience that.

All I'm asking, and I'm certain many people are too, it to fix the gap. This game isn't a caste system. It's treating people like it though.
    A good way to start is to lower the honor loss. 200-400 is insane if you're not high BR or VIP. Most high BR people are already vip 9 anyways, they lose nothing. I think losing 10-50 is good if not VIP, THis gives motivation to do it more since you lose less.

If I continue anymore, I would just say fix the whole damn system.
    Last edited by Enehasd; 09-06-2015, 10:06 PM.

Also for new servers. When the reach 80, how are they expected to actually complete and enjoy BG when you have old server people with 3m+ br killing them non-stop. Even the top players of those servers are going to struggle.

Comment

Well.. with how sh it the whole pvp is in this game (and mostly USELESS for 99% of the ppl) it's quite simple what one has to do with bgs. You camp a little till you get your honor rank, then you never do bgs again. I havent done a bg in more than half a year. They are useless, with **** rewards that are not worth the effort and time and very annoying if you dont have lvl 9 vip. I think less than 10% of the population does bgs anyways, when i did them i always met the same and the same and the same people every bg.
      Last edited by Darkwise; 09-06-2015, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Suck for you tbh, i play on europe and we have far less spawncampers now and there's a bunch of people like me that just kill all those spawncampers so that weaker player can get out of spawn and spawncampers itself kinda lose that habbit at least when we're in bg.

Spawncamp is the only part of wartune where i wouldn't blame the game but just the players, if there are jerks playin it's not wartune fault. All wartune could do tbh is to make spawn area bigger and give like 3 possible exit, not getting honor from killing someone twice in a row wouldn't really help if the targets of spawncampers are too weak and get oneshotted.

Comment

i believe at some point in chinese wartune, the bullies would cease to receive honor or points after killing the same target 5 times, or something of a similar nature, to prevent people from using alts to get honor. not sure if it's actually implemented or not. i lost all chinese readers from my server since the february patch.

Comment

I don't think it's mainly honor driving the obnoxious behavior, it's those stupid titles that it didn't just give people who already qualified. So they have been going back and killing relentlessly in order to get the Sergeant/Lieutenant/etc. titles. Eventually it will probably settle down, but Grand Marshall is 20k kills, that's not happening soon enough.

Comment

I can suggest a game that implement battleground way better; strategy incorporated with teamwork.
              And it's none other than league of angels The difference?
              1. No honor loss
              2. Only 1 person oreing at any 1 given time. They are vulnerable to being atked, and ore cart may be lost to the other team.
              Strategy usually is that strong players defend the weaker players mining and carting.
              Even weak players can make a difference in the battleground, though they would respawn more often,
              they can inflict a battle cd shield to prevent enemy players from atking other friendly that are mining and carting.
              3. Player gains honor either by kills or mining. Kills won't increase your honor gain very significantly, rather
              a great amount of honor gain is tied to hot events quest to claim as reward (3 consec bg wins, up to 3k honor from this quest).
              4. Honor shop allows you to buy more than 50 fashion cores to enchant clothing to higher levels (with assurance).

- titles don't tie with bg kills or honor level
              - spawn camping defeats the purpose of doing these battlegrounds cuz ultimately,
              the objective is solely focused on getting the team points higher than enemy team and to max pts by mining and carting to win.
              Last edited by Imonseph; 09-08-2015, 05:47 AM.
              "Why so glum? As if you ate a sour plum,
              Why so grim? I think you need some pimple cream,
              Why so serious? :-o "

"Game disappointment? If the game won't change, then just change your game! (you play)"

Comment

they should really retro-grant the lower level titles to those who already have the number of kills & the old titles (now renamed, but the counters are not reset). i don't have much time for bg today & just need to kill 1 target every 5 minutes for daily quest, but then everyone clicked me because they almost never saw me in arena or bg & didn't know they would need to bring fight to 200% every time & I was usually not the one to die.

Comment

Originally posted by Imonseph View Post
                  snip
                  This would make BG an event where team win matters (like SFT was), but has nothing to do really with changing pvp. As stated in other posts, people do BG to grind for titles, not honor or sigs (and soul seals are obsoleted as a reward now too).

Honor being capped at 5 kills now is kinda dumb, but...not really a big deal since truncheons are a much more limiting factor by far.

Comment

Another boo-whoo pvp thread huh? Guess every game that has battlegrounds and honor system has one of them. Changes in this patch already have been so that campers will have it hard - OP dryad system and big honor losses and i just cant see what u whiners want to be done more?! From my point of vew if you are noob and stupid enough to level fast and go without descent br into higher level bg bracket you deserve to be punished again and again. You cant expect to be 20-30 k br and to be let walse around carting free in 50-60's battlegrounds for example. In this case is same as u have big sign "honor and kill donor" on your forhead and its just how things are not just in this game but anyother pvp based. I always tell some ppl to not rush and prepare well before goind further with levels epecialy when they dont intend to cash to fill up the gap, otherwise they must forget about pvp in every aspect except for arena if they find good players to carry their lazy a..s. Excuse me but to not be able to stop someone from killing you and take his honor with 50+ dryads means only one thing - u suck and deserve everything thats happening to you. I play this game for just 3 months and i`m set in 50's, first month i prepared in 30's so to not be movin target there. Now i respect even oldes campers even those close to 200 k br cause if they kill me serveral times i can take them down with big chunk of honor. Now i cart almost undisturbed by anyone cause my hero can stand its ground.
                    Last edited by rescueyou; 09-09-2015, 01:47 AM.

Comment

it does seem like some people are harsher online than IRL lol

game is entertainment; people don't go to entertainment places for frustration. so have fun, & let each level & style of playing be fun to the players. some people are just laid back & not-so-competitive, but they deserve to enjoy the game as-is, without being forced to grow stronger. i stay close to some of those "bad players"; they might "suck" at the game, but still cool & fun people to talk to. if weak players still make people happy, i don't see why they deserve harsh & humiliating treatment from more aggressive players.

Comment

Then lets close bg's and do events and chat happily in world chat. pvp is a game feature that inspires aggresion. Even I that mostly cart spend time to do killings cause titles are must...beign a gentlemen wont get me needed title to buy things in shop. And those things must have some requirements to be taken otherwise it will be boring and pvp will be just a useless thing. Besides if u are that happy-go-lucky to go unprepared to higher levels u wont mind beign farmed? just trust your masochistic nature! =)

Comment

Originally posted by rescueyou View Post
                          Then lets close bg's and do events and chat happily in world chat. pvp is a game feature that inspires aggresion. Even I that mostly cart spend time to do killings cause titles are must...beign a gentlemen wont get me needed title to buy things in shop. And those things must have some requirements to be taken otherwise it will be boring and pvp will be just a useless thing. Besides if u are that happy-go-lucky to go unprepared to higher levels u wont mind beign farmed? just trust your masochistic nature! =)
                          lol too late i'm already one of those who don't need to farm honor (not even my weakling alts need it). however, i admit half the more "competitive" players are just too aggressive & too obsessed to talk to; i hardly if ever hear them discuss anything other than game & themselves; maybe to them, wartune is all about "I, me, and myself" & winning is everything, but to most people, it's just entertainment much like getting a drink in a bar after work hours. winning the drinking contest is fun, but not winning it or not competing is still fun regardless.

besides, camping never worked. my mage camped under lvl70 for 2 years. my archer rushed to max dragon bow master asap without doing talents. other than not having the player killing titles, the archer has 2x the br (without eudaemon) & far outperforms the mage in every aspect, including talents level, due to the much higher level & much high exp she gets from everywhere. both were created at the same time. the archer did 25% of the runs & the mage did nothing but arena (quit bg after lvl80s came in there). the level camper couldn't get the event chests for mounts & couldn't participate in hoof events until today (i turned her lvl70 a few days ago just to get rid of the eudaemon items). her stable is still not lvl8 yet. i basically lost interest in her & logged in only for important events. apparently, both are free accounts so they have to follow a longer & different path that normal players might not want to follow, & i didn't have the time to focus on them given my activity on my main (knight & spender).

Comment

Yep u r right for that i too think camping for too long is useless. Its not only hooves, u loose lots of gems with every single day u dont do cata and necro. Still my point was that beeign weak is what inspires this abusing stuff in bg like spawn camp. Strong pray on weak..its sounds harsh but thats how things are not just in this game but in some aspects of life. If u dont want to be pray then u must have a stand and thats whats camping is still usefull too. Yes u fall behind from those in 70's and 80's cause they gain so much things that u cant but rushing for those levels is still a mistake. Its one thing to gather honor and kills bellow 60's and whole different story in upper leveles. No use for more game changing though those dryads n honor losses are just fine if you cant take advantage from them then the fault is yours. If you are too far behind then you dont have right to complain for beign abused. When u play enough u can catch up even if u rushed but untill then..?! This is not moraly right in real life but then again in it we dont kill each other everyday to get shiny stuff but in the game we do.

Comment

Originally posted by rescueyou View Post
                              Yep u r right for that i too think camping for too long is useless. Its not only hooves, u loose lots of gems with every single day u dont do cata and necro. Still my point was that beeign weak is what inspires this abusing stuff in bg like spawn camp. Strong pray on weak..its sounds harsh but thats how things are not just in this game but in some aspects of life. If u dont want to be pray then u must have a stand and thats whats camping is still usefull too. Yes u fall behind from those in 70's and 80's cause they gain so much things that u cant but rushing for those levels is still a mistake. Its one thing to gather honor and kills bellow 60's and whole different story in upper leveles. No use for more game changing though those dryads n honor losses are just fine if you cant take advantage from them then the fault is yours. If you are too far behind then you dont have right to complain for beign abused. When u play enough u can catch up even if u rushed but untill then..?! This is not moraly right in real life but then again in it we dont kill each other everyday to get shiny stuff but in the game we do.
                              When world prosperity was drastically increased, it either optimize the game to enable a fair play across player base or increase the disparity between weak and strong players.
                              I for one, think that it has result in the latter rather than to benefit any new player that join the game. If that's the case, then spawn camping will be greatly imminent.
                              Camping is made almost impossible, and is what the game devs wanted to achieve when they altered world prosperity to eradicate campers in the game.
                              Players that started 1 year ago on wartune won't have a problem with spawn camping, as a greater time make up to the strength they built into their char.
                              The real problem with wartune is there isn't a proper guide to keep up char strength building with level raising,
                              as it's pretty clear even to a veteran player is hard to strike that balance right now, and even camping will also not make it happen.
                              "Why so glum? As if you ate a sour plum,
                              Why so grim? I think you need some pimple cream,
                              Why so serious? :-o "

"Game disappointment? If the game won't change, then just change your game! (you play)"

Comment

Working...
                              X