Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

PvP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
    I don't think it's mainly honor driving the obnoxious behavior, it's those stupid titles that it didn't just give people who already qualified. So they have been going back and killing relentlessly in order to get the Sergeant/Lieutenant/etc. titles. Eventually it will probably settle down, but Grand Marshall is 20k kills, that's not happening soon enough.
    Yep, another motivator to bg kills, and gives all the more a reason to spawncamp.
    Talk about how wartune optimize the game :/
    Last edited by Imonseph; 09-09-2015, 06:42 AM.
    "Why so glum? As if you ate a sour plum,
    Why so grim? I think you need some pimple cream,
    Why so serious? :-o "

"Game disappointment? If the game won't change, then just change your game! (you play)"

Comment

My main question about pvp here, is why they do not try to make it more fair and challenging..
      Like battlegrounds based on br and lvl, or honor etc so people that get inside to be more or less equal?

Giving people motivation to spawn for killing titles is kind lame.. and NO i do not complain. I do not do battlegrounds cause I need my sanity, but the few times I had enter all I see is strong (most of time rude) people abuse weak ones in spawn without give them the chance to move .. not to gather.. just to move... What is the challenge in that?
      I mean you have 3m br and you take pleasure from the newplayer that is lvl 72 with 300k br?
      If the whole point of bg is killing titles why wartune do not introduce a mini game like "chicken invasion" and give 100 killing titles.. because this is what I see in bg today..
      and to think that in "chicken invasion" the chicken do you damage...

Comment

BGs should never be based on BR, so i spent all this time getting a decent BR and levelling to 80 and some speed levelling person who hasn't even added to anything, gets to 80 on the goodwill of helpers shouldn't face me in a BG as his BR is lower? That's just silly.

Spawncamping is a problem, always has been, with the new titles its gotten worse. But there is nothing that can be done about it. We all have to take our beatings. Sucks, but that's Wartune!
        Wartune
        IGN: Decima
        Guild: Elysium
        Server: S5 (Europe)
        Class: Mage (Level 80)

Winterfrost Legacy *shakes fist at Ginba*
        IGN : Decima (spotting a trend?)
        Server : 59 (Europe)
        Class : Nooby sissy shaman!

Comment

so what you want?
          to have 3m br and face 300k br people?
          is this fair?
          and more important where is the challenge to enter in a fight and one hit your enemies?
          you want to tell me that you add more pleasure when you enter in neither forest instead of narrada?
          cause bg with so much big differences is exaclty like that.

When I suggest br based I meant these kind of differences... that i find them unfair..
          but maybe you have right
          every single player here, see the game from its own totally personal view
          so there is really no room for fair play or gentle competition

Comment

I camped for months, 7 months in the 40-44 bracket, i did level 20 to cata daily as i didn't want XP... I worked hard at my character and now all of a sudden it's unfair for me to be bracketed with other 80s...

I levelled to 80 with 260k, before eudi, after sylph, i managed to do the advanced BG bit in 4 BGs, ie. entering a BG, if my side is winning, stay in there, if losing, refresh and join another. I was killed continuously.

Now, as for those who are interested in the pvp element of this game, surely you should be working on your character to make it as invincible in BGs as possible. You should adapt your character accordingly, not whine cos someone beats you.

But the main thing is...

If all the speed levelling players actually stopped for a bit at lower brackets and worked on their honour, they wouldn't be having this problem at 80.
            Last edited by Deeelinquent; 09-09-2015, 07:40 AM.
            Wartune

Comment

Dee I am not against you, in fact i have 2 toons that camp and are stong and are low lvl so I can enter in bg and spawn and kill and have most of titles in few months...
              and there are NOT speed lvl players
              I have tried really hard just to test to make a new char with the 1000% . Is almost IMPOSSIBLE for a new player that does not know the game mechanism to stop lvl up. With only few catacombs and a spire you are lvl 70 in few days.. and then pvp is out of question the way it is today.
              New players do not have the opportunity to work hard even if they want. And I do not mean camp, just stay a bit in between lvls to learn the game and be decent... not even that they can not do.
              When a game introduce such a mechanism to prevent camping should introduce more fair pvp system
              Is all that I am saying

Comment

Yes, with the xp being thrown at you it is a lot harder to camp, but i still see players who say they are "camping" doing ToK and spire and even the last boss in their current mpd as well as doing every single event that can be loaded with xp, even BGs give you xp. The game is designed to get you to 80 and when you are 80 you are not properly equipped to do most content and even BGs etc as the game has rushed you past all the sensible times to slow down and work on your char / rank etc.

But coming back to this, this problem has been ongoing since the beginning, OPs and bullies will always be in BGs, nothing will change that.
                Wartune

Comment

Originally posted by rescueyou View Post
                  Another boo-whoo pvp thread huh? Guess every game that has battlegrounds and honor system has one of them. Changes in this patch already have been so that campers will have it hard - OP dryad system and big honor losses and i just cant see what u whiners want to be done more?! From my point of vew if you are noob and stupid enough to level fast and go without descent br into higher level bg bracket you deserve to be punished again and again. You cant expect to be 20-30 k br and to be let walse around carting free in 50-60's battlegrounds for example. In this case is same as u have big sign "honor and kill donor" on your forhead and its just how things are not just in this game but anyother pvp based. I always tell some ppl to not rush and prepare well before goind further with levels epecialy when they dont intend to cash to fill up the gap, otherwise they must forget about pvp in every aspect except for arena if they find good players to carry their lazy a..s. Excuse me but to not be able to stop someone from killing you and take his honor with 50+ dryads means only one thing - u suck and deserve everything thats happening to you. I play this game for just 3 months and i`m set in 50's, first month i prepared in 30's so to not be movin target there. Now i respect even oldes campers even those close to 200 k br cause if they kill me serveral times i can take them down with big chunk of honor. Now i cart almost undisturbed by anyone cause my hero can stand its ground.
                  Please, if you have nothing sensible to say, don't comment.
                  If you are VIP 9 with low br, it doesn't matter. You can gather up enough dyrads and kill ONE person and gain little honor. Big win I guess?
                  You don't understand that unfairness that has happen in PvP. It's been going on for years. I assume you are actually one of these people who camp. That wouldn't be a surprise.
                  If you don't have vip, you lose A LOT of honor. Trying to get dyrads to get ONE kill that doesn't compensate all the lost honor, doesn't work.
                  You got issues stating the following "if you are noob and stupid enough to level fast and go without descent br into higher level bg bracket you deserve to be punished again and again."
                  You forget world prosperity has been increased significantly.
                  Are you really stating new servers who reach lvl 80 and have 1m BR suck *** and should be punished for not being like and old server having over 3m+?
                  Get a life.
                  "otherwise they must forget about pvp in every aspect except for arena if they find good players to carry their lazy a..s."
                  And are you really calling people who don't cash lazy *****?

Please, fix your ego.

Comment

don't like pvp, then don't pvp -_-"
                    ooo naww, you didn't. you gotta be trollin' me o_O

Comment

if it took him a month to get those 3 bg wins, he was realy unlucky, i did a week ago on one of my alts, and got it in one day. (not even 300k br)
                      ING: Eukkie changed name to â€*Evilâ€*Witchâ€*, changed it back to Eukkie
                      Server: S444 Silent Arena
                      Char: Knight
                      Lvl: 80
                      Br: 6m and crowing.
                      Main Sylph: Arise
                      Guard: Oracle

Comment

apparently, IRL i belong to the humanitarian side when it comes to the situation of a well off person meets a lesser fortunate one. not that i don't know many people are forced to base their gain on others, but that i don't see it as a good thing & won't encourage or justify it. it's an undesirable situation; we just have no choice but accept it, but that doesn't mean we want or think it is right. blaming the weak & powerless won't solve the problem; they aren't the cause of the problem, and they won't have the power to make a difference. the responsibility is on the stronger ones, and only they can make a difference. besides, i don't think we are at advantage as "bullies"; most weaklings get scared & stay in camp, forcing us to take minutes to kill each other; i'm more annoyed to bring every fight to 200-700% than letting some weaklings cart before killing them in under 20 seconds. most weaklings don't mind about being killed (that's part of bg any ways); however, they do mind being picked on & verbally abused. i would think we don't need to be that low to abuse others for fun & make a btch out of ourselves, though i can't speak for other people.

Yep u r right for that i too think camping for too long is useless. Its not only hooves, u loose lots of gems with every single day u dont do cata and necro. Still my point was that beeign weak is what inspires this abusing stuff in bg like spawn camp. Strong pray on weak..its sounds harsh but thats how things are not just in this game but in some aspects of life. If u dont want to be pray then u must have a stand and thats whats camping is still usefull too. Yes u fall behind from those in 70's and 80's cause they gain so much things that u cant but rushing for those levels is still a mistake. Its one thing to gather honor and kills bellow 60's and whole different story in upper leveles. No use for more game changing though those dryads n honor losses are just fine if you cant take advantage from them then the fault is yours. If you are too far behind then you dont have right to complain for beign abused. When u play enough u can catch up even if u rushed but untill then..?! This is not moraly right in real life but then again in it we dont kill each other everyday to get shiny stuff but in the game we do.

Comment

Originally posted by Deeelinquent View Post
                          ...If all the speed levelling players actually stopped for a bit at lower brackets and worked on their honour, they wouldn't be having this problem at 80....
                          actually, it's more desirable for weaklings to have low honor than high honor. when you have more losses than wins, you'd rather minimize the honor loss & maximize the payout of stacked dryads. many weaklings came out of bg with honor gain this way, & the loss are often on the mid-low players with higher honor. my mage had maxed honor (450k+) at lvl68, but she basically never attended bg again after the lvl80s came, because lots big spending speed levelers from newer servers have considerable strength but ridiculously low honor. you won't want to fight someone with 2x your br but only 5% of your honor, but they exist, and many started just a month ago have reached lvl80. it's a shame for a 1+ year toon to get beat by a 1-month-old toon, but now everything can be bought so age and strength don't always match.

Comment

Enehasd summary of my point was that if u dont intend to cash to not jump right away in places in this game where pressure is so heavy on you that u couldnt do anything than whining how cruel life is. This is common knoledge for this game in particular especialy now with this 1000% exp (de)buff. If you thinking thats not sencible than you are not familiar with mechanics of this game. Heh and how will u be lvl... 9 vip it was?! Actualy your starting post looks like more braging with your vip status than desperate cry for help for the poor 80's who cant finish their calss adv quest and loose tons of honor in process..Well there is reason they are loosing honor with buckets and dying like flies epescialy when we talk about game where time in building your character strenghts is realy a factor. Restrictions for spawn camping is realy a naive thing to be asking especialy when this player behaviour "phenomena" is all over in all pvp based games where one side is overwhelmingly strong that the other. Life is cruel, so are pvp based games...deal with it and tell your guildies to have pations casue thats the keyword here (besides cash $-) )! ^^
                            Last edited by rescueyou; 09-12-2015, 12:18 PM.

Comment

I legitimately want to punch those spawn campers who get mad when I ask them to stop spawn camping in their privates.
                              I need a hammer to whack the BG nutcases.

Comment

Enehasd summary of my point was that if u dont intend to cash to not jump right away in places in this game where pressure is so heavy on you that u couldnt do anything than whining how cruel life is. This is common knoledge for this game in particular especialy now with this 1000% exp (de)buff. If you thinking thats not sencible than you are not familiar with mechanics of this game. Heh and how will u be lvl... 9 vip it was?! Actualy your starting post looks like more braging with your vip status than desperate cry for help for the poor 80's who cant finish their calss adv quest and loose tons of honor in process..Well there is reason they are loosing honor with buckets and dying like flies epescialy when we talk about game where time in building your character strenghts is realy a factor. Restrictions for spawn camping is realy a naive thing to be asking especialy when this player behaviour "phenomena" is all over in all pvp based games where one side is overwhelmingly strong that the other. Life is cruel, so are pvp based games...deal with it and tell your guildies to have pations casue thats the keyword here (besides cash $-) )! ^^
                                Lol. Too much errors in this paragraph.
                                Vip 9 is nothing to brag about lol...if you consider that something to brag...
                                I was stating Vip 9 gives you the advantage of losing no honor. Simple like that.

And you really have some type of ego problem.
                                I pay for this game, so I can state problems/suggestions.
                                Now please, get off troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X