No announcement yet.

patch 5.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doubt purgatory was ment to be beaten by weak players such as myself, just look at history, necro took a long time before even the top cashers could beat it.

Comment

• Originally posted by R212396167 View Post
      A top 100 toon isn't "pretty average" last I checked.
      lrn2sarcasm buddy.

Originally posted by JkLoser87 View Post
      Doubt purgatory was ment to be beaten by weak players such as myself, just look at history, necro took a long time before even the top cashers could beat it.
      The game has speed up quite a bit, took time to kill necro 30 because the progress was far slower.

Comment

• Ress crystals

Saw peeps complaining a lot about ress system in pvp and with BA when by their own fould enetered without SS... we can thank to them cuz the new ress system... personaly i think the old one was way better...
        R2-S426 Redwicky (merged)
        Archer Linkoneusc
        Legion Guild

1+1=3

Comment

• Why the hell are stuff missing from this patch?
          Can't even get 50% of it right

Comment

• Originally posted by R212396167 View Post
            Really? Why should resistance have been like this all along? That makes no sense whatsoever. With resistance the way it is now you need to be a $1000 a week casher to clear dungeons, which is absurd.

And whoever thought it was a good idea to make sylph arena so that you lose points for losses and have no control over who you fight needs needs to fired. And then set on fire.
            The why is easy, it's a balanced system now, where you can't eliminate all damage you take, and higher res values give diminishing returns. Reduce res seems a little overpowered at this point, but I like it this way, so I won't complain. The original res system was workable, but didn't scale well to the levels we have reached.
            My daily team can beat any mpd now, although with some difficulty in EF Hell, and none of us are remotely close to $1000 a week. It's just about taking the time to build up to the tougher ones.

If the previous system hadn't just given us all a free pass to beat necro, purgatory, sky trail, and most mpds, I think everyone would see how well the new system works. But since they took away (almost) everyone's ability to beat purg. 30, plus made other things harder, it's a nerf, and no one likes a nerf.

Comment

• I don't see how this is balanced at all. There's a middle ground between "high res makes you extremely hard to kill in MPD" and "res barely matters in MPD", and this nerf utterly failed to find it.

Comment

• I dunno...40% damage reduction in MP is pretty hefty. Yeah, it's not a ridiculous 90% damage reduction, but that's kind of the point.

Comment

• Well, today passed EF Hell with little to no res on fire/wind bosses, so find it hard to believe someone couldn't do it with 10-15k res if a team could do it with 500-800 eh, unless they're far below the minimum requirements. Don't think things are completely black an white with the patch, res nerf might really suck in some places but not really that bad of a change.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
                    Well, today passed EF Hell with little to no res on fire/wind bosses, so find it hard to believe someone couldn't do it with 10-15k res if a team could do it with 500-800 eh, unless they're far below the minimum requirements. Don't think things are completely black an white with the patch, res nerf might really suck in some places but not really that bad of a change.
                    The problem is that 15k res does nothing, did 12 run of ef hell today, some with res, some without, the damage difference was pretty much irrelevant, card bonus is probably more relevant now.
                    Last edited by SlowPlay; 09-19-2015, 11:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowPlay View Post
                      The problem is that 15k res does nothing, did 12 run of ef hell today, some with res, some without, the damage difference was pretty much irrelevant, card bonus is probably more relevant now.
                      So in fact all the res gems we made last few events, is just garbage now?

Comment

• Originally posted by pietjeprecies View Post
                        Not completely, but yea. The difference between all 11s and all 10s is about 5k res, and in duels that came out to be about ~100k or so damage difference between the 2.

Comment

The only part of resistance that's still usefull as far as i can see is the resistance reduction which increase the damage you do everywhere. Res itself is really a minor change because bosses do have res red and since you can't go much higher than 65% now it's pretty much useless (i think i was getting -20% or so on wind boss and i have expert and adv dim on).

Comment

• So, basically dimensions became a lot less useful, and if we get a few more of that res gem events, and making lvl 12's will allow me to cancel vip after that.
                            Great news.

Comment

So, basically dimensions became a lot less useful, and if we get a few more of that res gem events, and making lvl 12's will allow me to cancel vip after that.
                              Great news.
                              Yea, atm I only keep 1 expert up and then the 2nd slot rotate basic's/inter's as much as possible for BB/offerings. 2-3 a day and I'm good. Less things to really do in game is always nice when they don't know people can't spend 30 hours a day on game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
                                Yea, atm I only keep 1 expert up and then the 2nd slot rotate basic's/inter's as much as possible for BB/offerings. 2-3 a day and I'm good. Less things to really do in game is always nice when they don't know people can't spend 30 hours a day on game.
                                30 Hours a day? Thought we are on "Earth" time. Anyways, there's a lot of things this patch had done to either nerf certain things or make certain things frustrating as hell. There are few things I can probably thank the new patch for since it gives me something to do after 80 (can't be really arsed to make a new team and play a new server). However, other things I cannot do due to the functionality of such.
                                Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                                Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                                Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                                Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Working...
                                X