Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Scourge mage usability, Wind Ranger replacement?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scourge mage usability, Wind Ranger replacement?

Did anybody found scourge mage usable besides Bounty Targets? And specifically as MATK hitter, esp. for physically immune bosses.
    Even the shop skill price (30 b versus 50 b of all other classes, including the new Wind Ranger) indicate its weakness.

For those with new patch, did you find it usable in Eudemon arena? Or it will be slowly changed to Wind Ranger as 4th in mixed class eudemon team?

Most of the skill use the mage hp to do damage, that's quite dumb since it doesn't even do that much damage.

Comment

if you have crazy hp & fight is short, or you have a good healer around, scourge mage in my experience hits fast & hard (comparing to the other 3 lvl1s that i have). she can't be my general companion tho, since i can't heal & typically use helper for non-dps stuff.

Comment

So in summary:

Bounty Targets, usable if accompanied with Battle Oracle.

My experience is that it heals itself well, but it should not get hit in next round as it dies due to weakened DEF, so I prefer Apollo Shield knight support to it.

Anybody the Wind Ranger and Arena part?

Comment

Scourge mage has high damage potential, but very little else. And the big hp loss from Sacrifice and Penance is pretty stupid. I really can't see any use for it outside of bounty targets or eudaemon arena maybe, and even then it's pretty limited.

The anti-resistance nature of the wind ranger opens up some interesting possibilities, but it will take a while for anyone to make one strong enough to be usable.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
            Scourge mage has high damage potential, but very little else. And the big hp loss from Sacrifice and Penance is pretty stupid. I really can't see any use for it outside of bounty targets or eudaemon arena maybe, and even then it's pretty limited.
            Yes, especially as Praying recovers 15% HP only once (and adds 60% more damage received, OMG), while Sacrifice and Penance losing it it 2 rounds.

Another issue (despite its unusability in Bounty Targets) is its delphics. Other classes have usually one defence and the other attack skill, here it has two attacks with similar results. Personally think, that Delphic Punishment should be replaced to something like heal 3 rounds 15% HP and add DEF 30% to make Scourge Mage more usable. Otherwise it looks like fast kamikaze: beat hard in exchange of self destruction (crit for HP, HP for DEF reduction). Especially as AI/afk still not schedule Praying properly.

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
            The anti-resistance nature of the wind ranger opens up some interesting possibilities, but it will take a while for anyone to make one strong enough to be usable.
            Yes, we will see if Bounty Targets a/o Arena will be affected. If used as main Eudemon it will be nice to see its impact if combined with Wind's Grace attack.

Comment

Wind ranger will defently be an eudaemon people will run with, and I would bet many have stacked up on materials to make it useble after first event cycle.

For scourge mage, my only issue with it is delphic, it has a plain idea, high dmg for a glass cannon, but would like to see either that they change one to like 300% dmg, return 10% to itself, or something that follows that kamikaze idea. Right now, it's basicly 2 of the same delphics.

Comment

eudaemon delphics can't be used in bounty target & eudaemon arena, so to me scourge mage is for speeding up kills in mpds, arena against slightly weaker opponents & one-hit of bounty bosses (if we've got luck with the AI).

poison bro aka wind ranger relies on bleeding & most skills don't hit high, but he has the mana shield for group, so should be great for pvp & any target with patk immunity. prolly not the best kid against knights so i won't use it for CW

Comment

Working...
                X