Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Archers really worth the time to lvl up?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Archers really worth the time to lvl up?

Been playing for 2 days now n got to lvl 31 but from all the guides and members who iv spoken to crt which is essential for archers is not added by most, of of the top archers from various servers drop crt and take hp stat instead.

Idk if its me but most of the servers and i have been on a alot, the top players are always knights and sometimes mages. Archers in this seem sublime and not very effective.

There were various posts about them not even receiving the damage boost 20% from astrals. I have seen some archers do quite well in game but anything they can do mages seem to do better and knights have a great deal of damage and very hard to die.

Why do archers feel so weak, i'm kinda upset with my choice of using an archer and i wish i could change somehow, but im stuck with this. Mages make archers look obsolesce.

There is no such thing as a better class or another. On some servers, knights rule, on some mages rule, here on S9, as a good example, an archer rules the server, and by far. It's all about how much time, effort, and of course money you are willing to put in the game. Classes are balanced perfectly. Being lvl 31 in 2 days, shows that you have the motivation and are putting the effort, hence have big chances to be top player, as long as you keep working hard on your character and don't give up.

Hope it helps
    Wartune - S9 Camp Calorn
    Dragon Pals - S6 Emerald Isle
    Shadowbound - S2 Crystal Meadows
    Weak warrior

Comment

archers are stupid weak if you build them wrong. you want a tip, probably to late for you now. only take skills in the first 2 rows. theres your pro archer. moveing along

Comment

Originally posted by Bigblete View Post
        There is no such thing as a better class or another. On some servers, knights rule, on some mages rule, here on S9, as a good example, an archer rules the server, and by far. It's all about how much time, effort, and of course money you are willing to put in the game. Classes are balanced perfectly. Being lvl 31 in 2 days, shows that you have the motivation and are putting the effort, hence have big chances to be top player, as long as you keep working hard on your character and don't give up.

Hope it helps
        Perfect balance is not possible.
        Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
        [No longer logging in]

Comment

archers are under rated and under valued played right they can crush just about anyone my server top two players are both archer and they both destroy everything and anything rather easily
          giving game one last chance :

guild leader : endangered
          server 164 brighthollow
          class : archer
          current level : 54
          favorite title : Balenor's Number One Guild Master

Comment

One thing to consider about classes and how good/bad they are...not only is effort and time important but so is money. A bad build with $500 bucks is still nearly impossible to beat :P

Side note I wouldn't scratch a toon until you have seen end game material. Often times a "bad" toon can be fixed with a bit of effort. Reworking skills or refining or even getting better gear/guild skills/techs can improve a toon immensely.
            Yitien:

Class: Assassin lvl 78
            BR: 67K
            Server: Qianfo Hall

Comment

also, depend on how much you willing to spend.

and how much you spend can make or break the character.

so for example, a 200 buck archer = about a 40 buck knight. lol

i'm trying to say is at the top, where archer rules, archer normally spend about 2x or 3x as a mage or knight to be as affective. a mage with lower stats can probably wipe the floor with a knight or archer in arena.
              Have a problem? Submit your Ticket .

Comment

It's true archers are the most challenging character in the game.

Or should I say the weakest among the three.

You will not know where to put the archers, they say its damager, but knight can out dps him easily in the WB,

AOE? not even close to mages.

You have to decide whether to continue archer or not, I'm a archer myself and I can tell you the amount and effort whether its money or time you put to archers will take less for a knight or mage to give and still have same strength and capabilities.

BTW I'll stay as archer I love the challenge.

FYI in our server there are only 2 archers making it to top 10 me and my friend, and we don't spend a lot.

Ranks are dominated by Knights and Mages unless you throw heavy cash on your archer.
                Mesh With The Best, Die Like The Rest.
                Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Server: S62
                Class: Archer

:cool::cool:

Comment

Archers in my server (S5) dominate. As a mage my impression is almost the opposite of what have been said here. Archers have it the easiest ever during the most important event: world boss. Put a reviving mage against a reviving Archer in the WB and the latter wipes the floor with the former... And the Archer doesn't even have to work hard (he can afk the world boss).

Just watch your own server, see how many top 10 mage chat during wb? Compare to how many top 10 archers chat all the time during wb.
                  ☣CAIN☣

Comment

In our server there are only 2 archers making it to top 10 in WB.

Well maybe its to early, its just 9 days since our server was launch.
                    Mesh With The Best, Die Like The Rest.
                    Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Server: S62
                    Class: Archer

:cool::cool:

Comment

This is a matter of perception, which can be skewed by the apperance of a strong player hiding behind high level gems. I don't think it's particularly the class that makes or breaks it, it's the gems and astrals. Archers have a pretty decent aoe, and if they use a brut rune before they pop their AOE, it is devastating. They also have the highest single target damage in the game, and with frozen arrow can do a LOT of damage to back row enemies, giving them a tactical edge.

There are a lot of good things going for archer. Personally i don't think people are building them properly. Your spec gives you a 20% HP boost, you need to use that to gain an edge. Need to have an HP astral and socket HP gems.

Comment

I had archer, spent 50 bucks over him, still couldnt pass some stuff, started 4 euro mage (mega-ultra-imba-recharge-pack-for-early-domination thing and i did pretty well.
                        My point is, they are really a challenge, u have to choose to be tanky or more dmg dealing, but can't made it to good balanse. Knights got natural balanse of hp and armor and dmg.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Viruz View Post
                          In our server there are only 2 archers making it to top 10 in WB.

Well maybe its to early, its just 9 days since our server was launch.
                          Just watch and see. If those 2 archers are intelligent enough they don't even need to revive to be in the top ten. In my server there's an archer who's always in the top 3. His BR is 25-26k. My BR is 36k and I cannot beat him in WB.

Just the right astral, pump all attack, high crit, high base crit, gamble with floating damage, and you're good. Just AFK for a relaxing WB experience.
                          ☣CAIN☣

Comment

an archer.. passing..by...O.o
                            ☣CAIN☣

Comment

in srever11 the top10 is dominated by Archers and Knights, the Mage is the only 1
                              WARTUNE
                              Name : Zerith
                              Server : (S11) Banshee Wetlands
                              Class : Archer

Guild : Pride

im just a student sooo i dont have money

Comment

Working...
                              X