Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astral Ruthlessness !

Hi guys,

I dont know for what is astral using for..
    He gives me Floating Damage Expands by X %.

What this it means?

I believe it just makes your non crit damage that much better......thats what I am guessing

Comment

Floating damage...
      Ok your base hit does 75-100 points of damage. If you expand the floating damage it goes to 50-125 points of damage. You might hit harder or you might hit weaker. (Numbers used are for explanation only and may not reflect actual results.)
      Deschain Leader of the Dragon Dogs Guild. DD has its sixth anniversary as a gaming family in May.
      Suggestion #1. Actually enforce your rules so tickets regarding cheaters are not just round filed.
      #2. There are 5k Threads regarding bugs. Click to see 101 pages worth of stuff that needs fixing.
      #3. Read the suggestions forums where you will find 5k threads on ways to make it better. Click for 101 pages worth of free suggestions.

Comment

Yea this astral is useful when your max damage is pretty good. You'll hit for more, more often then you'll hit for less. So using Steven's example of 75-100 with a lvl 1 orange floating damage astral that gives 7% floating damage your damage would be around 70-107 or so. Does that make sense or clear as muddy water?
        Yitien:

Class: Assassin lvl 78
        BR: 67K
        Server: Qianfo Hall

Comment

Floating damage does not increase your average damage.
          It only increases the variance of your damage.

In the long run (many many attacks), it doesn't make a difference.

In summary, a useless astral.
          Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
          [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post

I have to disagree. I've fought a mage who uses this astral (and a casher knight) and I've seen a big difference in their damage output. Not sure how effective but man some of those hits hurt. I would have to see base damage vs damage with astral equipped to better gauge its usefulness.
            Yitien:

Class: Assassin lvl 78
            BR: 67K
            Server: Qianfo Hall

Comment

I'm explaining to you the mathematics behind the astral.

It increases your maximum damage but decreases your minimum damage (by the same range). Therefore, assuming a uniform distribution of damage output, the average damage is unchanged.
              You only see the mage hitting you hard, but you failed to see the mage's lower damage against you.
              Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
              [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post

Yeah right, useless, just because you suck at math.
                I've seen this somewhere explained properly, but I'll give it a try.
                Lets say that your floating damage is expanded by 20%. Your dmg is 900 - 1100.
                Adding this floating dmg will result:
                180 = 20% from 900
                220 = 20% from 1100.
                [900 - 180] to [1100 + 220] <=> 720 - 1320
                So overall, you gain 220 - 180 = 40 dmg. Ofc the results are much better with a higher lvl astral and higher damage.
                Last edited by Zeek88; 11-20-2012, 09:08 AM.

Comment

This was a re-post of my previous message due to bad internet connection.
                  Last edited by Zeek88; 11-20-2012, 09:09 AM.

Comment

so is this Astral for anyoone or just mages?

Comment

Its more for archers because their skills give them extra crit chance but any class can use it if they utilize a crit build
                      IGN: Aexon
                      Level: 46
                      Class: Knight
                      Server: 49 Rift of Aklorn
                      Guild: Pwnanza - Guild Master

Comment

Originally posted by Zeek88 View Post
                        Yeah right, useless, just because you suck at math.
                        I've seen this somewhere explained properly, but I'll give it a try.
                        Lets say that your floating damage is expanded by 20%. Your dmg is 900 - 1100.
                        Adding this floating dmg will result:
                        180 = 20% from 900
                        220 = 20% from 1100.
                        [900 - 180] to [1100 + 220] <=> 720 - 1320
                        So overall, you gain 220 - 180 = 40 dmg. Ofc the results are much better with a higher lvl astral and higher damage.
                        This is an old thread but I believe some things need to be corrected. I almost believed this post until I made calculations my self. If the wiki is correct [http://wartune.wikia.com/wiki/Enhanced_Ruthlessness], you should base your floating damage from a single base damage and not from the original range which is 90% to 110%. A floating damage of 20% gives min 800 and max 1200 from original base damage of 1000 (originally 900 to 1100 floating). I believe the original floating damage is 10%, therefore if you consider "20%" as an expanded floating damage, the actual floating damage would be 30% therefore the range should be 70% to 130% which should be 700 to 1300, not 720 to 1320. No additional damage is gained because of that. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

floating damage expands the amount of damage you can do. Thus you can do weaker damage, and you can do stronger damage... dont get it
                          S404 Jade River
                          Wiseman
                          Founder of Fairy Tail
                          View My Blog:

We Don't Give Up Until the Bitter End. That's What It Means to Be in Fairy Tail

Comment

i have seen close to a 10% increase in the WB, but not too much anywhere else

Comment

that astral is so random..... if ur unlucky u do less dps than w/o it.....
                              R2 s116 Red Realm + (s113-s119) + (s126-s129-s132-s135) + (s72-s75-s78-s84-s88-s91)

IGN : Illyasviel
                              Class : Archer
                              Guild : •OneŽ•
                              LvL : 80
                              Sylph : Zeus, Hecate, Poseidon
                              BR : over 9000!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X